Righteous Fire

With RF, you're going to be building quite a tanky character already, and won't be getting much in the way of caster-type passives. RF helps a whole lot, but who doesn't like dealing double damage? :P
I just repeat the question from the last patge, someone else has asked:

Does anyone know whether RF works with the low life bonus of redbeak? Cause in my opinion it should, but I don't think it does (not yet tested. Will test it this weekend).

Although I somehow feel the spell is to weak?

I mean: You have no possibility to boost it, except for building life and your life get reduced to 1, which is kinda risky. So you should be able to do shitlaods of dmg. Anyone else thinks RF needs a buff? Or am I getting something wrong here?

RF deals Burn damage; it only benefits from Burn damage increases. You wouldn't want it to benefit from Redbeak anyways, because you would be burning twice as hard. :p

RF does allow you to deal metric shitloads of damage. The AoE is nice and all (my favorite part), but it also grants an enormous damage bonus.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
RF deals Burn damage; it only benefits from Burn damage increases. You wouldn't want it to benefit from Redbeak anyways, because you would be burning twice as hard. :p

RF does allow you to deal metric shitloads of damage. The AoE is nice and all (my favorite part), but it also grants an enormous damage bonus.

I would liek to deal double dmg, cause i was planing a RF-Totem build :P

But without any option besides burning dmg....hm but I dont get it. Redbeak boosts EVERY dmg. Why not burning? So only "Searing Touch Staff" works?

Last edited by WUlf1337 on Mar 8, 2013, 4:29:44 PM
totems have thier own hp and resistances...

To clarify:
Righteous Fire + Inner Force passive = 130% damage to self instead of 100% damage right?

after resists: (after 90% resists) 13% damage to self instead of 10%?
yes
Question: would it be worth to take all the increased area of effect nodes in the tree ti get about 52% increased AoE when i wana deal primary dmg with rf?

screenshots would be nice to see, how it gets affected by a lvl15 increased AOE gem
"
Gattsu89 wrote:
Question: would it be worth to take all the increased area of effect nodes in the tree ti get about 52% increased AoE when i wana deal primary dmg with rf?

screenshots would be nice to see, how it gets affected by a lvl15 increased AOE gem
i already did this http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/30760/page/11#p510070
well not with support gem but with 60% total increase
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Mar 11, 2013, 3:22:07 PM
Question: would a low life build using Redbeak and the Springleaf shield be viable for permanent fire? Marauder or templar most likely class. Springleaf adds 6% max life/sec regen when low on life. Coupled with all the life regen from templar/duelist/marauder could this be sustainable? The build would use elemental adaptation and maybe purity for maxed fire resist. People seem to say that increased spell damage would make the life cost go up, whereas I figured it would affect damage after the "cost" of your hp is spent. Sorry for the many questions all at once.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info