Righteous Fire

Can someone explain why the damage goes lower when i equip searing touch vs unnarmed?
Last edited by naturalbad on Feb 25, 2013, 5:22:00 AM
"
naturalbad wrote:
Can someone explain why the damage goes lower when i equip searing touch vs unnarmed?
its supposed to be the opposite of what you just said.
The idea of this skill is very interesting. I can imagine that there are build which can use this but i really think the damage to you and the damage output should be significantly lowered.

The reason: shure you can in theory go up to 99% fire resist for small amounts of time but you have to build only around that and the skill doesnt seem to be worth it dps wise. you´d have to constantly spam health pots normally to keep alive for long enough to maybe keep up your spell damage and use it properly. combine that with the possibility of ele-reflect mobs and you are pretty much screwed. all in all this spell seems like a useless gimick

in my opinion a 25% life degen per second on you which has maybe 10% fire penetration would be much more viable and usable in normal games
That would neccessitate a massive nerf to the damage bonus, or it would simply become mandatory (super easy to run, and absurdly powerful).
jeah ofc i mean then it would deal like 12,5 of your total hp to enemies... basically how i imagine it is a slow but steady hp degen that gives spell power. idk really but atm i cant imagine how someone could legit use this skill

edit: it should deal continous damage but should still be reduced by fire resist, but shure spell power should be lowered if changed in that way
Last edited by M3phisto on Feb 25, 2013, 12:39:41 PM
"
M3phisto wrote:
jeah ofc i mean then it would deal like 12,5 of your total hp to enemies...

I was talking about the multiplicative ~80% Spell Damage bonus :P

Right now, one can either build Life and get a powerful AoE degen and great Spell damage, or build low Life and a ton of ES to abuse Zealot's Oath (Invalesco made a caster using that). It works fine. *shrug* Just takes a bit of effort.
Ah jes i forgot... minor detail... No just jokin... well you could also also go ghost reaver and link a powerfull spell to lifeleech... but still... its incredible niche
Last edited by M3phisto on Feb 25, 2013, 3:16:17 PM
It is necessary be able to deactivate the Skill any time you like, just clicking on the skill one more time.

Damage to myself is a little bit too much
IGN: VirtusBow
find a flask with a dousing mod on it.
Does it give 80% more 'spell' damage (the stat in the passive tree and on wands), or also 80% more 'fire/cold/lightning' damage?

Meaning if I have 100% spell damage, 50% cold damage and 50% elemental damage, will I get the same cold damage as if I were to have 200% spell damage with RF?

And what about projectile damage (i.e. ice spear and freezing pulse are projectiles)
Beyond league.
Last edited by SEXYSUPERSATAN on Feb 28, 2013, 4:17:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info