Righteous Fire

"
soul4hdwn wrote:

the quality affect works on all damaging spells. auras do not damage, RF does not damage but apply a status effect of a certain amount.

i have tested 2 RF with the same lvl, one with quality and one without and i had the exact same damage with my spells (Fireball, arc)

The Quality effect gives me nothing
IGN: kReiZy
Last edited by sYkoDe4d on Feb 18, 2013, 9:10:18 AM
"
sYkoDe4d wrote:
"
soul4hdwn wrote:

the quality affect works on all damaging spells. auras do not damage, RF does not damage but apply a status effect of a certain amount.

i have tested 2 RF with the same lvl, one with quality and one without and i had the exact same damage with my spells (Fireball, arc)

The Quality effect gives me nothing

it's a known bug. a fix will come eventually. The increased spell damage is certainly meant to affect your non-RF spells
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Does "XX% increased Spell Damage" mod from items increases the damage done to yourself?

Regards
ING: InhisOnFire
No; Burn damage is not Spell damage.
Otherwise, Righteous Fire itself would utterly brutalise you with its multiplicative Spell Damage bonus anyways.
900 hp hardcore character 70% fire resist. Killed almost instantly. The skill sucks.
Last edited by jzaeleven on Feb 22, 2013, 5:38:25 PM
"
jzaeleven wrote:
900 hp hardcore character 70% fire resist. Killed almost instantly. The skill sucks.
it is definitely NOT instant based on the res amount you listed. you must have also gotten hit a lot at the time of activation. righteous fire would've lasted 10/3 seconds, before stopping and leaving you defenseless.
Okay so I've tried this out. Currently at level 31 with my build I can out heal the damage it does to be with 1360 life for the duration of my Ruby Flask. I still have yet to reach level 43 and implement Ambu's AND Springleaf. Later I am thinking of trying Saffell's Flame, to see if I can get that ruby flask effect permanently, either way, I can normally clear a screen in 1 life flask and 1 ruby flask ALSO IMPORTANT TO NOTE, DISPEL BURNING FLASK REMOVED RIGHTEOUS FIRE (Pretty much Get the f out of trouble flask)

I started marauder and grabbed all health/life regen/ the fire res and max res, went into the templar tree for the 1% life regen and max life / max life % and then headed to middle to fill in the life regen/ max life %

-it's late I'm not going to post my build atm I may at a later time if it works out

PathtoRighteousness<{-- Ign if you have questions.
Last edited by TgTalcon on Feb 23, 2013, 2:33:58 AM
hey im making the same build its great so far at lvl 43 with ambus, kaoms rings, springleaf, redbeak etc

i really think this skill should be able to be toggled on and off

and one question

will +%fire damage increase the damage? or do I just have to increase my hp?

cheers
bruning damage scales both dmg recived and dished out.

more life seems to me like a better way to gain both surivvability and dmg.

fire dmg wont scale it.
Last edited by Gattsu89 on Feb 23, 2013, 7:40:41 AM
DutchRudder, If you get a dispel burning flask, you can turn the righteous fire off by popping it, I recommend a flask which doesn't use many charges but has a lot like a increased charge/dispel burning greater life, you could get up to 5 uses of it that way my normal 10 vs 32 cap works well enough I solo'd hillock at lv 24, this character seems to rock atm

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info