Righteous Fire

I dont think its needed /worth taking regen on low life unless you want RF just for the spell damage. If you just want Spell damage then you could get zelots oath pain attument and with enough max ES / max life ratio just springleaf would keep up with the burn. Problem is chaos damage even with max res with such low hp most chaos sources would 1 shot.

For rgular HP ball :
7.4% regen from nodes
1.5% vitality
0.2% per charge with 7 charges 1.4

Damage taken is 11% vs 10.3% regen (8.9% w/o endurance) that means hp would decay over 100s ( 50s) those are quite comfortable numbers.

Now question is about inner force:
burn becomes 13% vs 10.7% (9.3%) regen then hp decay over 43s /27s. Thats still acceptable but not truly comfortable.

"
Stt3r0 wrote:
I dont think its needed /worth taking regen on low life unless you want RF just for the spell damage. If you just want Spell damage then you could get zelots oath pain attument and with enough max ES / max life ratio just springleaf would keep up with the burn. Problem is chaos damage even with max res with such low hp most chaos sources would 1 shot.

For rgular HP ball :
7.4% regen from nodes
1.5% vitality
0.2% per charge with 7 charges 1.4

Damage taken is 11% vs 10.3% regen (8.9% w/o endurance) that means hp would decay over 100s ( 50s) those are quite comfortable numbers.

Now question is about inner force:
burn becomes 13% vs 10.7% (9.3%) regen then hp decay over 43s /27s. Thats still acceptable but not truly comfortable.

I think low life builds are great for Rf. With redbeak, damage should be awesome, and the majority of chaos damage comes from projectiles, which you should rarely get hit by, as you don't need to stop to do anything except throw out an enduring shout. I also don't like the idea of building an RF build around ES. RF scales off hp. By investing gear and nodes into ES, you are hurting your damage. I'm currently working on a build that maximizes the damage in all ways possible (lowering resists, shock, redbeak, big hp). Will post results when I'm leveled.

Last edited by imr1212 on Feb 12, 2013, 4:44:59 PM
thats the thing, do you focus damage of rf itself or do you use it for the spell damage boost.

a pure hp build has already been done (needs an update to an open beta version, but thats easy and just now mathed out). the options for doing that are still somewhat open although unique dependent.
an es build hasn't been made yet, or if it has, then still being optimized.

for both paths, do you get "just enough" for it to last plenty of time. or do you work things out to get net gains from your defenses. most people prefer reversing the penalty if running full hp but the es version changes more dramatically due to players' comfort levels.
sry Soul4dawm, didnt read throug all posts, imaginably...

im thinking about going increased AoE later on, as i can get 50ish by the skill tree,... or opt to go for another 130% extra life (again, thinking about really late in the game).

any thoughts on that? would love to leap slam my way through monsters as righteous fire is killing them in a good aoe.

and my other question is, is the kaom chest with +1000 hp better for late game?

ambu's may be better to start with but with springleaf, vitality and the tika or so amulet you maybe dont need the other 2% for low life.

and another curiosity about it, if my life is always in the balance between lowlife and no more lowlife, will i get any lowlife bonuses, e.g. for redbeak?

try to aim for balance, thats what devs prefer us to do anyways yet everyone wants to maxout one thing or another. (i'm guilty usually)

leap slam, whirling blades, shield charge are all good candidates for dealing damage while moving. in fact, it gives shield charge an AoE (because of rf itself), something it doesn't have on its own. you might end up using it anyways if you don't use spells and don't want resolute tech. or don't care about actually hitting and focus on being close to mobs so rf does its thing.

i can't decide that for you, while the +1k hp (plus passives) is fantastic, you do loose out on the 2% while low life, which is important if you prefer the low life for extra healing. indeed if you're not running inner force, you don't "need" it. a ruby flask or more importantly a dousing mod (to turn off rf) will be good enough recovery if you need to heal.

yes your life can bounce a lot there if you don't keep it down with resurve. you'll constantly be on and off in the condition for redbeak. however i personally don't know interactions with redbeak although others said the double damage applies to rf (if it does, you'll need that regen from low life even more). if the redbeak is for other things, then you'll be doing a coin toss for the boost.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
thats the thing, do you focus damage of rf itself or do you use it for the spell damage boost.

a pure hp build has already been done (needs an update to an open beta version, but thats easy and just now mathed out). the options for doing that are still somewhat open although unique dependent.

for both paths, do you get "just enough" for it to last plenty of time. or do you work things out to get net gains from your defenses. most people prefer reversing the penalty if running full hp but the es version changes more dramatically due to players' comfort levels.
I'm doing an ES build right now. It requires around 3,000~4,000 ES to sustain passively, but that can be greatly mitigated with regen items to get it up sooner. I'll also be picking up Ghost Reaver and a life leech support gem for unparalleled sustainability on a caster with no net loss in damage. Furthermore, since it has 65% to all resistances, plus another 30% from Purity, you can potentially cap your resists with just one perfect item, greatly freeing you to stack chaos resist and energy shield on all your other gear.

Build

It does, however, absolutely require Eye of Chayula and Dream Fragments since it needs to keep life to within the range of 400-650.
Last edited by Strill on Feb 13, 2013, 2:54:27 AM
"
soul4hdwn wrote:

for both paths, do you get "just enough" for it to last plenty of time. or do you work things out to get net gains from your defenses. most people prefer reversing the penalty if running
full hp but the es version changes more dramatically due to players' comfort levels.

this was done a while ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqRftHns7GQ

currently level 82 in HC with 8.4k ES, might post another update in a while
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
A tempting build with ES would be to go Blood Magic and Pain Attunement, then push your hp down to below 35% with Auras. The problem ofc is Chaos Dmg. Even if you get a lot of Chaos Resistance it would be very risky not to stack some hp. And if you stack some hp you will have less points for other things and it will also increase RF's dmg on your ES.
What curses are best to use with Righteous Fire? I can only imagine 4 curses to work with RF

1) Flammability (-30% enemy fire res) or Elemental Weakness - but i have some doubts - does it works with RF?
Or -30% fire res doesnt work with RF kind of fire damage?

2) Warlord's Mark - will it give Endurance charges and 100% increased flask recover, if monsters slained by RF, or it doesnt count as "slaining"?

If Flammmability and Warlord's Mark dont work - then the only 2 choices:

3) Enfeeble - for -25% monsters damage and -20% monsters accuracy.

4) Temporal Chains - monsters 25% slower.
You have forgotten your place, Karui slaaave!
Last edited by BlackCorsair on Feb 14, 2013, 7:11:32 AM
I chewed through 10 pages of this thread already but haven't come across a definitive answer for my question yet so please bear with me: did someone confirm that RF doesnt trigger Elemental Equilibrium but interacts with its buff/debuff?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info