Righteous Fire

"
BRavich wrote:
Is there any point at all in using this skill for non casters? That is, can you build specifically for the AoE fire damage and life leech or something? Just looking at possible builds to try, and this caught my eye.

Check build #11; http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/55050 :)
the build is still viable but you have to now choose between armor boosts and res boost or hp boosts. it is still dependant on uniques; either of two shields for +6%/sec while low hp or +5% max res, then also umbu's charge and the coral ammy.

the res penalty on higher difficulties is something to consider. kudos to the guy i helped get to the build of week.
I spent the last two days on and off reading all of replies in this post and one other. I have contemplated a lot of different angles to this build and I would like to point out that no one has even mentioned Chance To Ignite support gem, which has a chance to increase the burn duration on enemies. It really comes down to how Righteous Fire works in order to determine weather or not increased burn duration would extend the effect of the AoE after you have moved away from the enemy. I currently have not had the chance to test this. Hopefully one of you can help clarify this for me.
to check, if the icon appears on the skill in the skill bar, then it works, else no it does not, which it shouldn't work.
I would assume it's an aura. If for some reason it's not, you'd still only get a fraction of a second duration increase; the Burning effect disappears mighty quick once a monster leaves the radius.

Also, just because the icon appears, doesn't mean it has an effect; You can add Cold to Fire to a pure Lightning or Fire skill, for example. Won't do anything, but it's there. :)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 27, 2012, 5:32:36 PM
Does this skill affect itself? More specifically, does its intrinsic spell damage increase increase the damage of the fire ring?

Also, is it affected by area damage passives?
Last edited by zaktansAquarium on Dec 10, 2012, 12:29:35 PM
I don't think spell damage increases a burning damage, if it did, the self damage would be higher too just like how burning damage boost worked. So there would be no actual gain for purpose of trying to get this skill to be reliable (same damage ratio of self to foe always). Longer lasting = more damage.
Almost no supports work with this skill....not even chance to ignite. IMO there needs to be more supports that work with this. If more supports do start to affect this I would also suggest that it gets a mana cost, seeing as how if you link it to Spell Totem its free damage. Also when using this with Spell Totem I assume that it runs off of the totems HP and not mine for the damage is this correct?
Beyond_Bow_BobMKIII Level 80 Tornado Shot Scion
How would Chance to Ignite work? It doesn't deal X amount of damage, so how would the Ignite damage be calculated? When would it roll the chance?
Not a lot works on it because it deals Burning damage-over-time based on Max Health, and has a simple damage buff.
Okay well that is all well and good then(btw may want to remove the "as fire damage" it states burning so its a bit redundant IMO and has the fire tag). Honestly when I started messing around with the skill I thought it wasn't basically putting the burning affect on mobs. But still it doesn't even work with Increased AoE, Decreased AoE, Item Rarity/Quantity, etc. etc.

This is spell has the potential to have more possible builds built around it if it supported more supports. Again though I think if it did it would need a mana cost to it.
Beyond_Bow_BobMKIII Level 80 Tornado Shot Scion
Last edited by Zeshin on Dec 12, 2012, 5:55:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info