Righteous Fire

Every skill tunnel-visions to an extent, because you build around using that skill.

An RF build can use Spells quite nicely if you want. You get a big damage bonus after all, and any melee enemies will automatically roast. Yes, you will have to build regen and maximum resists, but it's either that or you die.
My point being that this skill initially provides the illusion of having multiple viable applications, but in reality only having one.
As you state yourself, the skill pretty much says "Build around my aura damage through life regen and resist or you die in a few seconds". When you do so, you don't need to cast spells anymore because you kill everything by just walking around (it might not even be possible to cast spells due to mana restrictions), making the spell damage part irrelevant. Now try to make a viable build that does it the other way around, utilizing the spell damage bonus, but not the burn aura. It doesn't seem possible to me.
"
Baelrog wrote:
My point being that this skill initially provides the illusion of having multiple viable applications, but in reality only having one.
As you state yourself, the skill pretty much says "Build around my aura damage through life regen and resist or you die in a few seconds". When you do so, you don't need to cast spells anymore because you kill everything by just walking around (it might not even be possible to cast spells due to mana restrictions), making the spell damage part irrelevant. Now try to make a viable build that does it the other way around, utilizing the spell damage bonus, but not the burn aura. It doesn't seem possible to me.

Maybe with a bunch of burning removal flasks, so you can turn it on and off at will, but you'd still need beastly health to not die when you activate it anyway and if you're gonna have tons of health, you're going to want some health % regen too, and obviously fire resist. So it's really the same build but you might be able to ease slightly on health and instead get spell damage and turn it off when it gets too hot.

This is definitely a skill that requires to build entirely around it though as it's mostly not viable unless you have the particular build. Most skills work fine even if you don't have a specific build to make use of them, for example you might not have any elemental dmg but you can still use Lighting Strike on a physical melee to help with ranged stuff, it won't do too much dmg but it's still usable. If you turn on Righteous Fire on a char that doesn't have fire resist and high health/regen though, it's like really useless.
Well, you can take a build with mediocre life and high ES; Burning should draw from ES first.
Obviously, you'd run into problems with chaos damage mobs.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
can someone tell me if righteous fire still is 30% more spell damage or 30% increase spell damage.

i am getting conflicting information from the poe wiki and this web page.

thanks.

The difference is the multiplicative % addition of damage vs additional % of damage. the former is better.

thanks.
The skill gem popup is accurate. For reference:
Unavailable

E: Note that the Quality effect is Increased as opposed to More Spell Damage.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jan 5, 2013, 4:09:28 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
thanks buddy, does the spell damage more % increase with gem levels?
3%/level.
Cool! thanks. now how to make a caster build with this > <
hi guys,

i need help to find a spell to take advantage of the spell damage bonus but i couldnt find one.... tryied many things, ice,fire,lightning but none sinergizes.

is there a way to redirect spell damage to psychical damage?

thats bcause i have an helm with 4L red socks i wanna use with:

Blood Magic (to pay the cost of spell with life bcause i run 3 auras so no mana left)
Reduced Mana (make spells less painful to my life)
Life Leech (to pay some cost of the skill back as life/help to survive)
a RED skill gem (is there any that gives spell damage?)

any other suggestions i appreciate.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info