One year of COVID, a reflection.

"
Chadwixx wrote:

You can still get covid and transmit it with all the shots

This is known. To the best of working medical knowledge on the subject, people who are vaccinated suffer less severe symptoms than they would be expected to if they weren't vaccinated. If their respiratory symptoms aren't as severe, the viral payload they have to potentially infect others is lower.

That doesn't mean this is 100% true, it is just the best we understand right now. As someone who has had hundreds of Covid patients, I have seen first hand how differently the disease can impact people. Medicine is not a one size fits all practice.

There is no crystal ball on this disease, and we don't have a good ethical way of sorting people into experimental groups to test out various options. The best we can do right now, is meta analysis of data that we have collected. The number of confounding variables is staggering.

"
Chadwixx wrote:
Vacc is for high risk people so they dont die if they get it.

I've had low risk patients (one or no comorbidities)who were very young and died from Covid. I've had patients in their 80's with several comorbidities who didn't need to be hospitalized, and were sent home with a few medications for symptoms. Unpredictable. That's how I would surmise Covid.

"
Chadwixx wrote:
I suspect most who are promoting it are in the high risk catagory.

That is an assumption. Take the sheer number of people who are promoting vaccines and then look at the statistical data for how many people are possibly in high risk categories. There aren't enough people in the high risk categories for what we are seeing in public opinion supporting it.

All that said, I think the polarization of this disease any form is counterproductive to what governments and the medical field are trying to accomplish. Trust needs to be mutual when someone's health and/or life are at stake.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Nov 1, 2021, 9:47:48 AM
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
Chadwixx wrote:

You can still get covid and transmit it with all the shots

This is known.

it is now (and still not by many). some time last year when i first posted this somewhere on this very forum i was screamed at by multiple people as fake news, conspiracy theorist, blah blah blah

i have a joke for you all
Whats the difference between conspiracy theory and the truth?
Spoiler
4 months
Last edited by xMustard on Nov 1, 2021, 7:00:51 PM
"
xMustard wrote:

it is now (and still not by many). some time last year when i first posted this somewhere on this very forum i was screamed at by multiple people as fake news, conspiracy theorist, blah blah blah

So what is your point?

And Why don't we know? I Do, silly.

Immunity ≠ immune
Immunity > nothing

Vaccinated people are less likely to have the coronavirus, in turn less likely to infect others. This is also known. Don't treat it like an afterthought.
"
awesome999 wrote:

Vaccinated people are less likely to have the coronavirus, in turn less likely to infect others. This is also known. Don't treat it like an afterthought.

This is incorrect, the vaccine does nothing to prevent you from getting it. They lied about the mask and the vaccine initially.

I shouldnt say lie because that shows intent. But they got both wrong, probably why we usually research drugs before giving to the public
I'm very thankful that I am fully vaccinated and my family as well. But I feel sad for those people (especially those relatives of the people I personally know) who died of covid before the vaccines were publicly available.

Things I learned and I believe:

1.) the vaccine is working but it will not give you immunity only give your body more fighting chance. This is very important.

2.) COVID IS REAL but covid business is more real.

3.) sars-cov-2 virus will always be with us now and will stay for a very long time
"
Chadwixx wrote:
This is incorrect, the vaccine does nothing to prevent you from getting it. They lied about the mask and the vaccine initially.

Who is this "they" who lied about it? I ask because many of the conspiracy theorist anti-vaxxers in my town keep claiming constantly that we were lied to about that, but I have never heard anyone official actually claim that the vaccine will stop you catching or spreading the virus.

When I ask them who told them that, they just ignore the question.

It's also worth noting that for any vaccine to do its job, you actually have to first catch the disease it's protecting you from. It's a basic principle.
Last edited by LennyLen on Nov 4, 2021, 7:39:23 AM
"
I'm very thankful that I am fully vaccinated and my family as well. But I feel sad for those people (especially those relatives of the people I personally know) who died of covid before the vaccines were publicly available.

1.) the vaccine is working but it will not give you immunity only give your body more fighting chance. This is very important.

3.) sars-cov-2 virus will always be with us now and will stay for a very long time

you're fully vaccinated....today. maybe not tomorrow.
did you sign up to get a booster shot every 6 months?
"no no no these shots are just a two dose thing and then you're good! ya wanky conspiracy theorist!"
NEWS: this just in! more supporting evidence for booster shots. schedule yours today!

im thankful that you're thankful with your medical decisions.

just keep in mind that if this medical treatment doesn't stop you from getting covid or spreading it, that there is no way to tell if its "working" for you.
covid has a wild range of people just getting the sniffles for a couple days, people dying, or people not even having symptoms AT ALL. so to say that getting the multiple vaccines and upcoming boosters gives your body a better fighting chance can only be measured if you knew how your body would react if you got covid to begin with. which you don't know and can't measure.
so you have no comparison point. thus you will never be able to determine if the shot is working for you.
you can believe it all you want, but that doesn't necessarily make it reality.

"
LennyLen wrote:
"
Chadwixx wrote:

Who is this "they" who lied about it? I ask because many of the conspiracy theorist anti-vaxxers in my town keep claiming constantly that we were lied to about that, but I have never heard anyone official actually claim that the vaccine will stop you catching or spreading the virus.

When I ask them who told them that, they just ignore the question.

It's also worth noting that for any vaccine to do its job, you actually have to first catch the disease it's protecting you from. It's a basic principle.

first of all, the "they" are anyone that is pushing the vaccine. health officials, the manufacturers and more than anyone else the media were pushing all of the vaccine marketing points which turn out to all be wrong.
so "they" (everyone in favour of you getting the vaccine) told you a bunch of marketing bullshit about this vaccine, promising all kinds of things over and over in order to convince you to get it. then when allegedly 80% of the worlds population gets it, hey guess what! the new science and statistics have come in, and turns out all those initial promises and figures were all wrong.

this doesn't necessarily mean it was a lie, as he said that implies intent and that "they" actually knew what they were saying was wrong. so not necessarily a lie, but they were wrong.
the thing is, those "conspiracy theorists" and "anti-vaxxers" all told you those things were wrong...so those people were actually right and are being proven right time and time again as time goes on.

"
but I have never heard anyone official actually claim that the vaccine will stop you catching or spreading the virus.

are you for real? man i wish i had the ability to put a huge collage of media clips, articles, promises, etc. it would probably be 40 minutes long of people promising this very thing over and over
for you to say you haven't heard anyone official actually claim the vaccine will stop you catching or spreading the virus, makes me think you're lying or you just live so much in the moment that you can't remember 15 minutes ago. because that claim is insane.
maybe you just don't pay any attention to things.

"

this is also ridiculously wrong.
but again people can believe whatever they want.
Last edited by xMustard on Nov 4, 2021, 9:34:16 AM
"
LennyLen wrote:

Lol what?
[Removed by Support]

Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
"
xMustard wrote:
"

you're fully vaccinated....today. maybe not tomorrow.
did you sign up to get a booster shot every 6 months?
"no no no these shots are just a two dose thing and then you're good! ya wanky conspiracy theorist!"
NEWS: this just in! more supporting evidence for booster shots. schedule yours today!

im thankful that you're thankful with your medical decisions.

just keep in mind that if this medical treatment doesn't stop you from getting covid or spreading it, that there is no way to tell if its "working" for you.
covid has a wild range of people just getting the sniffles for a couple days, people dying, or people not even having symptoms AT ALL. so to say that getting the multiple vaccines and upcoming boosters gives your body a better fighting chance can only be measured if you knew how your body would react if you got covid to begin with. which you don't know and can't measure.
so you have no comparison point. thus you will never be able to determine if the shot is working for you.
you can believe it all you want, but that doesn't necessarily make it reality.

I will still get the virus if I'm exposed to (because that's the nature of the virus to enter the body then into our cells) despite that I'm fully vaccinated but there's a big chance that I will become asymtomatic and will not get pneumonia (lung inflammation). My antibodies will still be having war with the virus until the virus will be fully neutralize by the antibodies. The difference now is that my body will always be ready. Pneuomnia is the scariest part of the covid and that's what the vaccines are claiming preventing hospitilzation because of the severe disease (pneumonia).

I'm not interested in the booster shot atm because there are still a lot of people that are needing the shot more than me. Getting the booster shot after fully vaccinated looks like selfishness to me.
"
I will still get the virus if I'm exposed to (because that's the nature of the virus to enter the body then into our cells) despite that I'm fully vaccinated but there's a big chance that I will become asymtomatic and will not get pneumonia (lung inflammation). My antibodies will still be having war with the virus until the virus will be fully neutralize by the antibodies. The difference now is that my body will always be ready. Pneuomnia is the scariest part of the covid and that's what the vaccines are claiming preventing hospitilzation because of the severe disease (pneumonia).

I'm not interested in the booster shot atm because there are still a lot of people that are needing the shot more than me. Getting the booster shot after fully vaccinated looks like selfishness to me.

hey fair enough. BTW you don't need to justify yourself to anyone. its your health, your responsibility. your choice how you choose to take care of it...or not.

just keep in mind that the definition of being "fully vaccinated" is 2 weeks after your second dose.
annnnnd once boosters are a thing world wide, that will be included as well. so 2 weeks after your 3rd dose. or, as is in some places in the world, after your 4th dose.
so i understand that you may not be interested in a booster shot until many others get their initial vaccines, but your vaccine passport will need to be updated with you getting a booster as soon as the government or whoever deems it so.

its a pretty risky business to be complacent with allowing the government to dictate what you have to inject into your body, and how often.
but im sure it'll all be okay in the long run.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info