Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

so you want to kill your own game, [Removed by Support] and now that we have a fun league you want to take the fun out, congratulations
Last edited by Will_GGG on Mar 10, 2021, 8:24:39 PM
So harvest is now gonna be a mid game thing and end game crafting is just gonna be alt spam+awakener orb and rem/add influence nice deff better then the current system i too love mirroring 3 stat items
lmao. Chris so out of touch that he can't feel his hands.
[Removed by Support] as anticipated - did anyone REALLY expect anything different?

[Removed by Support]

Meanwhile, the top players with the Mirror Services will continue to dominate and dictate the economy anyway - all you've done is lock in their gains.

And no one from GGG will read, much less give a damn about this post or any of the others in this thread anyway.
Last edited by Will_GGG on Mar 10, 2021, 8:27:13 PM
thanks as usual for proving that you actually dont play your own game and just hammer whatever reddit demands you to
deleted
Last edited by moldycondom on Sep 18, 2024, 10:18:27 AM
For Christ's sake GGG, your acting like Britney Spears's dad!!!!!

Leave Britney (Harvest) alone.... rather than totally [removed by player] it into [removed by player].
As much as I can see how good Harvest is, I also understand where the developers are coming from. Harvest makes a LOT of existing and previous mechanics redundant. I remember everyone was screaming for Heist to be included in core in previous league and now that it is in core, hardly anyone plays Heist.

Alva and Jun? Barely a fraction bothers with it. Even Delve it is just to get to 250 depth for the challenge besides those deep delvers. Half of the existing currencies are made redundant due to Harvest. How many actually even touch the Annul orb this league? No one will use it even if it is free out there.

Harvest is good and interesting but it should not be an add on to an existing game with years of mechanics. It can be a totally stand alone game where you never know of the previous mechanics, thats fine.

I agree with the upcoming changes.
This seems kind of closed minded. It seems like every few leagues now we get a manifesto of how players are using some new system to craft rather than slamming currency on an item and hoping they don't waste said item they have spent days or even weeks farming. I like how PoE has a bartering trade system, but still expecting players to use currency at there base value seems kind of silly. The currency came out at launch and I think that shows in its limitations. Maybe it is time we take a step out of our comfort zone and see what can be done to make this archaic currency system more relevant, rather than just nerfing anything that starts to replace it.

The fact that players use a discord chat to get the best crafts in the game is nothing new, most players have already been using third party websites to obtain the best items in the game since launch.

I really hope for the sake of what is easily the best game that I've ever played that you guys are cooking up the best challenge league to date because I have a hard enough time convincing my friends that there's a light at the end of the tunnel with this game, but all this change does is help those who already hold all the currency get even richer while the rest of us are left with scraps.
"
Krayken wrote:
"
"
Krayken wrote:
Its like all the whiners in this thread couldn't play the game before harvest. Are you guys this bad at the game?

Some people talk such nonsense. That's like saying, surgery was fine before modern medicine, a saw and alcohol worked great!

Things chance, progress happens, it doesn't feel good to take a step back.

The worst comparison ive seen on the internet.

Was poe too hard for you before harvest? Were you not able to get good items? I was, and im far from a huge hardcore player. You realize you don't need 6x tier 1 mods on an item to have an efficient character right?

With harvest, you can literally turn an absolute dog shit item with 6x bad tier 11 mods and turn it into a mirror-worthy item. As long as you have the currency to buy all these remove-adds, you can make pretty much any item in the game perfect, without a single ounce of risk. This is ridiculous.

there is a lot of risk depending on what you are trying to craft. and it takes a lot of time to farm up the currency to even buy that many r/a
Last edited by Letuxofto on Mar 10, 2021, 8:25:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info