Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

This is kinda shocking. Ritual League has been a massive success from the player perspective. A large part of that success has to do with harvest.

I vehemently disagree with how easy it is to make perfect items for the average player. I’ve been working hard in SSF Ritual and certainly haven’t made a near perfect item. I’m still working to improve my EQ weapon through all game mechanisms to include heavy harvest focus.

For once, we don’t have to endlessly grind delve for fossils or essence spam or do anything too specific. For the first time in this game we can use all the game mechanisms provided equally to build our characters. Removing all the juicy harvest augments is an overreach and a mistake.

I suggest not removing all the juicy augments but instead make them more rare or only available in certain tiers of content or pretty much anything other than removing them entirely. Ty
Make it more difficult or impossible to trade rare crafts if you feel you have to, but please do not remove the better harvest crafting options from the game.

I play for several hundred hours most leagues, and I have to say, this is the very first league where I felt like end-game crafting was within my reach and worth the time investment.

I have to imagine you guys are shooting yourselves in the foot by killing the thing that gave you one of the most successful leagues to date.

Just my two cents...
Iv never seen the PoE community quite this divided in all my years. Makes for good reading as I swing back and forth, agreeing with points on both sides at times.

Someone said make harvest SSF only. I really like that idea, although I doubt harvesters will.

I also like the idea of making harvest items non-tradeable, which I assume would mean you also cant drop it in maps as you would just get the "this item will be destroyed" message? Iv never seen non tradable items so I dont know how that works.

Personally, Iv hardly used harvest, I barely craft and only with lower currency, I barely trade, I dont make much from selling as most of my sales are under 10 chaos and are few and far between. I will continue to ignore harvest for the most part but I feel Im not a normal player for being like this. It seems like everyone loves trading, flipping, crafting etc Am I alone in this?

I would love to see some stats on both PC and console PoE (Im currently playing on PS4), like how many people participate in trade, what the average price things sell at and what the average asking price is. Id love to see how many people actually craft with an ex or any other more expensive currency. Id love to see how many people used harvest crafting. Basically Id really like to see how my play style compares to the majority. Does anyone know of a place to see those kind of stats?
I make music, you can listen and dl for free at https://analogmunky.bandcamp.com/music or https://soundcloud.com/analogmunky/tracks
"
Kairuto2020 wrote:
As much as I can see how good Harvest is, I also understand where the developers are coming from. Harvest makes a LOT of existing and previous mechanics redundant. I remember everyone was screaming for Heist to be included in core in previous league and now that it is in core, hardly anyone plays Heist.

Alva and Jun? Barely a fraction bothers with it. Even Delve it is just to get to 250 depth for the challenge besides those deep delvers. Half of the existing currencies are made redundant due to Harvest. How many actually even touch the Annul orb this league? No one will use it even if it is free out there.

Harvest is good and interesting but it should not be an add on to an existing game with years of mechanics. It can be a totally stand alone game where you never know of the previous mechanics, thats fine.

I agree with the upcoming changes.

Exactly this, its very sad that theres 100 pages of ignorant peoples who can't realize this. They just want to have an easy game. Why attempt to do any boss mechanics when you can just get god gear and ignore them?
"
Krayken wrote:
"
ClassePraCRL wrote:
HAHAHAA, says someone that started playing this game 8 years ago, have 6k+ comments on the forum, have more than 40 different chars and spent a large $ on this game... you did nothing but troll all time until now my dude... that narrative is old.

Yeah all that experience in the game and i totally agree with the harvest nerf. This league i created like 3-4 very overpowered harvest items and i won't miss them next league.

I've known the game for years before harvest was implemented and it was just fine. Getting good items was doable. Just don't rely on these absolutely op items and you'll be fine. I don't need them to have a successful character. Do you?

How is it so hard to accept that some peoples actually agree with the harvest nerf and thinks it benefits the game in the long term?

"Damn this guy on the internet doesn't agree with me".

I sure as hell enjoy those 100 pages of tears.

sure if you enjoy play cylsone all the time with 5 more meta builds or copy build form other and always use headhunter. but is it fun ? with hh you can ran anything thats item should be nefed.
Chris made a deal with d3?
bring old harvest to ssf and leave me alone..
thanks
This has got to be one of the worst changes you've made so far. All it does is make chase items less accessible for casual players. Nobody's going to start interacting with the poor excuse of a crafting system that the game has, because it's so non-deterministic that it's not worth the time.
Harvest and the possibility of min-maxing my character without having to spend 8 hours a day playing the game were the only reason I stuck with this league for this long.

"
Krayken wrote:

Was poe too hard for you before harvest? Were you not able to get good items? I was, and im far from a huge hardcore player. You realize you don't need 6x tier 1 mods on an item to have an efficient character right?

It wasn't too hard. It was just a lot less fun.
As far as you being "far from a huge hardcore player", that's flat out bullshit. You've been playing this game for 9+ years and have multiple 97+ characters across different leagues.
It's not about having an efficient character my dude, the game has always been about facerolling content, even before harvest, and these nerfs aren't going to change that. It's about having fun and being able to get gear that was previously almost impossible to obtain for a large number of people.
Why not just add the standard type of harvest crafts(t1-t2) to the crafting bench with the same currency value when you unlock them via farming them in harvest. Keep the rare t3-t4 mods inside the harvest itself and remove the ability to store them. That way I can jump into a harvest, look for t3-t4 seeds on the ground, if not I leave and continue on my way with the map.

Simply then allow the ability of letting users use other people's crafting bench and instead of deleting the currency used to craft the mod, it goes to the owner of the bench. This cuts out any type of misbehavior from people.
Last edited by Philip829243 on Mar 10, 2021, 8:31:56 PM
Dear GGG,read this topic with all team members and think twice before do BS you want to do next patch...in other case you gonna lose much of players and MONEY...
"
"
kostyaq wrote:
"
Removal of the item editor is a good thing. It will show who has the skills to play the game.

I'm sorry its time for you guys to find another game.

That's exactly what i'm talking about.

You dont care about the Game. You care to tryhard with bunch of tryharders of your kind.

You dont care if poe loses 90% of players. I bet Chris does.

I bet Chris dont want to lose active players.

This is reason not to remove Harvest, this nerf just shows why those are against it. They just big Ego, nothing about "caring about the Game"

If you will listen those vast minority of tryharders, you will be left with a bunch of those, and not be growing as Game.

Very selfish and big ego to say like that, hope Chris, or any dev will read this exact comment proving that those dont care a **** about the game, as we all who want harvest not being nerfed are.

You lost your item editor stop freaking out.

There is only 2-3 persons in 97 pages like you, so your opinion isnt worth a penny.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info