Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

this is bs
Logged in to make my first (maybe?) post ever on the forums.
I wasn't here for harvest crafting when it began, but i did come back for this league after a long ass hiatus. I really really enjoy harvest crafting. Crafting is one of the utmost enjoyable experiences in this game.
These changes do not bring happiness. They make me not want to waste my time playing poe. I do not play this game consistently, because in my opinion it is not a consistently enjoyable experience. Harvest crafting was consistently enjoyable even when i didn't hit the jackpot with it.
I always shake my head at dev's who are so incredibly out of touch with the playerbase.
"You think you want it, but you don't."
"
"
Krayken wrote:
Its like all the whiners in this thread couldn't play the game before harvest. Are you guys this bad at the game?

Some people talk such nonsense. That's like saying, surgery was fine before modern medicine, a saw and alcohol worked great!

Things chance, progress happens, it doesn't feel good to take a step back.

The worst comparison ive seen on the internet.

Was poe too hard for you before harvest? Were you not able to get good items? I was, and im far from a huge hardcore player. You realize you don't need 6x tier 1 mods on an item to have an efficient character right?

With harvest, you can literally turn an absolute dog shit item with 6x bad tier 11 mods and turn it into a mirror-worthy item. As long as you have the currency to buy all these remove-adds, you can make pretty much any item in the game perfect, without a single ounce of risk. This is ridiculous.
Last edited by Krayken on Mar 10, 2021, 8:18:21 PM
So Harvest is too accessible for the common folk to craft "mirror-tier worthy items", which is such a crappy copy-pasta term these days it's almost laughable, so instead we're going to remove the 99% of players ability to craft these said items without addressing the other issue of "hey maybe the reason Harvest is so popular is cause all other forms of crafting are kinda shit?"

Now where have I heard something similar to this where the institutions that be decided the common folk were starting to use the same loopholes and abuses that the 1% rich folks were doing and decided to shut it all down? Oh that's right, Wallstreet and the GME fiasco, and the IRS and tax loopholes. Cause that worked out so well instead of addressing the actual elephant in the room.

Look I like many others love the game, we love the complexity and the unapologetically difficult curve the understanding all the systems and difficulty spikes in this game, but the issue is not Harvest crafting in this case, matter of fact the actual problem is the deep rooted issue of "oh so you want to kill all Uber bosses/do all the end game grinding that this game advertises, well you either abuse the crap out of some money abusing system and either buy all your end game gear or blow it all for the CHANCE of getting a few pieces."

You have a good thing going with Harvest here GGG, and honestly it's time for a little rebalance on end-game content to compensate for it, rather than nerfing Harvest into the ground to where only the 1% or super meta builds will be able to actually enjoy your game. The goal should be to bump that number from 1% of players who kill The Maven to 5% or more, 10% would be a real ideal world but let's be a little bit realistic here.
So, use discord more often to craft worse items than now, right?
"
Jeremy_Soul wrote:
"
Thank god they disabled the item editor for the noobs.

Just watched your profile...90% items maded with that "item editor for noobs"
You fighting in the wrong direction sir

Yeah, that guy was the definition of troll/attention .....
And still, the fact that only 2 or 3 of those people come out to troll at this time, sums up how much of a disgrace this changes are.
Isnt it obvious, that people who says harvest is bad are just defending their stable influence that they got since beta?

The 0.0001% of players that are playing all day long, lost their monopoly for ruling the market only for they play 24/7, cause of Harvest league, that made all other players who play 3-4h accessable to endgear gear crafting.

They don't care about game, or game design. They care about themselves.
And as it's been, some of those players make RMT for sure, with the currency they accumulate/accumulated.

So, by keeping the Harvest in core with no nerfs you kill 2 birds with one stone. You get less RMT, cause currency is more equally spread between players, and you make more people play the game. Third bird is just more fun to vast majority of players.

I always seem you are wise person Chris.

Im admiring your work for making your own diablo3, when you got tired of waiting.

I hope you will see obvious reasons not to nerf Harvest to the ground, but improve it.

For me personally, when im bored ingame, i run atolls, and never get bored.
It's sooooo exciting to find another harvest, i'm not even doing Zana watchstones, just inserted Platinum for more juicy crafts.
I never miss a single targeted chaos reroll, have bunch of bases. I can spend like 15 min on single Harvest, i never hurry on it.

Came back to play this league and was enjoying this feature as a way to dip in and have fun without going too hard. Working together with friends to be on the lookout for good harvests was kinda enjoyable.

might quit again I just dont have time for a second job to have interesting items for this game
Calling crafting good items 'abusive' and glossing completely over the whole issue of people *never* bothering to TRY to improve items once they hit a certain point (hence they give up and go away, or pass all their currency to the 'abusive' crafters who monopolise money in any league - at least if you trade) is just so wrongheaded.

To get an item to an okayish state and 'ruin' it by exalting is not a good thing, and most people don't do it. Trying to have a 'crafting' system that can always wreck an item ignores that crafting in any sane definition is fundamentally about doing the work in the COLLECTING and feeling rewarded, not spinning a bloody wheel and hoping. Let's go back to not using exalts, but not because Harvest exists, but because using an exalt is almost always a dumb idea.

I can only say that the team members who drove this decision are the team members making the game more about slot machines than real achievement, and less fun and engaging as a result.

Not happy.
I think GGG is seriously "#¤% when they think most players can easily craft perfect gear. It still takes many, many, many attempts to get the rolls you need/want. I've spent hundreds of exalts crafting my gear. It is not cheap, and with the way, it's currently designed it takes a lot of time, especially if play ssf.
Just because deterministic crafting is more accessible for players does not mean everyone is crafting perfect gear. They're getting the gear to where they want it, based on how much currency and time they have. They are settling for T2-T3 life on pieces, or T3 resists, or T2 ES mods because a lot of these crafts cost a lot or take a lot of time to farm for.
Last edited by Letuxofto on Mar 10, 2021, 8:22:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info