Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

This is like inventing soda, then telling us we can only ever drink water after getting accustomed to it. But there's water in soda so you should like it. I personally have yet to make an item that's mirror tier, but I've never bought a craft.

You could simply make harvest crafted items non tradable, or any other option that doesn't cater to the small percentage of people that essentially play this game for a living.

Crafting has always felt terrible in this game before harvest, with so many players struggling to even complete a half decent build.

Your crafting ideals have a fundamental flaw, sure that moment when you create the perfect item would feel great... But so many more people never get to feel that feeling of completing a build. Let's weigh those two aspects... The former feels great for about .1% of the playerbase the rest of us either feel horrible that we wasted a months worth of time farming and don't have anything to show for it. I'm sure that .1% is buying mtx, probably alot but I can't imagine the income outweighs the majority.

Bro, I'm not going back to fossil spamming a months worth of currency to get a semi passable influence item. Your going to see a significant drop in the player base I'm sure your prepared for, I'm not going to quit but I doubt I'll be throwing my currency down the crafting drain next league.
So you've taken out the fun. Harvest crafting itself was never actually "fun", it was a chore. What made it "fun" and worth doing at all was that it finally let us actually work towards crafting specific items over time. Time being longer for those of us who aren't on TFT discord.

Now Harvest is still deeply unfun, breaks up gameplay in a big way, and is considerably weaker while not addressing the fact that the biggest problems come from the extensive Harvest crafting on TFT.

I mean, I guess this at least makes it so that Harvest isn't the only content people run because it's so much more powerful than everything else, but working towards crafting my final few pieces is now seeming like a much longer slog given the changes so I guess I'm done with the league for the most part.

GG, GGG. Stop ruining your own bloody game and balancing it around the top 1% of players.
One solution is make "Harvest craft" lock the item so you cannot trade it anymore. Leave it how it is now, just buffing to 20% chance to encounter in maps.
So if you want to craft the "Base item" or other items to sell you'll have to use all the mechanics of the game and just use Harvest to finish the item for you.

Thank god they disabled the item editor for the noobs.
So all you really end up having is playing the economy, and plowing maps. And if you want to get anywhere on your character, you are better off mowing monsters down like weeds and just collecting pennies of the ground as fast as possible than any meaningful item hunting.
Hard to believe how out of touch with your own game and community you guys have become.
You prohibit never players explore crafting.
Stop listening to streamers oppinons and start listeing to ours!
As someone who has barely engaged with Harvest during Ritual i can comfortably call this change stupid without being too biased.
So yeah, this change is stupid. Just remove harvest altogether if you don't want the players to engage with it, because if you go forward with this change, you will be forced to hear the complaining for years to come.
There's always a drop off in players a few weeks into a league. The only way you still have players right now is because they're the ones who invest time in playing your game to be rewarded with such crafts. Not cute.
"
Thank god they disabled the item editor for the noobs.

Just watched your profile...90% items maded with that "item editor for noobs"
You fighting in the wrong direction sir
Last edited by Jeremy_Soul on Mar 10, 2021, 8:15:54 PM
I returned after several years out because of seeing a way to actually get an understanding of crafting this league and these changes will see me walk away again.

Sorry but if you want me to return to mindlessly spamming and praying I hit something worthwhile you're losing it mate.

I'd never killed a single end game encounter and was able to not only craft my own gear, but build a decent amount of currency and clear all content this league.

That wouldn't have been possible without learning tags, using harvest, and farming to craft items for myself. Stripping this away takes me straight back to square one and reliant on people who have 150 mirrors worth of currency to flush down the toilet to RNG craft items just to sell mirror service to the top .1% again while us casual players struggle to get through content.

This is a quick RIP for my return.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info