Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

Its like all the whiners in this thread couldn't play the game before harvest. Are you guys this bad at the game?
Last edited by Krayken on Mar 10, 2021, 7:55:17 PM
Chris,

I hope you'll think about how disproportionately some of these changes will affect the average player, access to some of these "top tier" items is still near or at the same level of prohibitively expensive as it was previously, and the beauty of Harvest crafting was that it allowed players to round out some of the rougher edges of builds, increasing build viability and overall diversity.

As you've stated in the past, POE is all about letting players choose what type of content they play, and providing unique opportunities or unique playstyles is one of the main attractors of this game, (the whole "Wanna play a str stacking witch? Well you can!"). In recent years however, endgame powercreep has taken a toll on viable builds. Leading to the situations of massive balance changes and only 3 to 5 "meta" builds at any one time.

These changes are a return to that norm, and the only players who are truly punished are those who like to play single builds, or those who like to create fun builds using unique interactions. This game was better as a whole for some form of deterministic crafting being introduced. I myself have "gambled" many exalts trying to hit specific crafts with harvest. It's a fun, exciting, and much more involved method of crafting. Further, these crafts are tradable! This encourages more player interaction than the current trade interface!

I hope GGG and the rest of the team reconsiders the harshness of these changes, but as it stands now, this cancels any sort of hype I have for a new league, and I certainly won't be purchasing any MTX.
damn RIP
Stupid decision honestly, why even add it to the core then, thats doesnt makes any sense.
With this restrictions harvest become useless for 90% of the casual playerbase
"

We feel that the current state of Harvest Crafting runs against both of these important philosophies. We know that many players would love us to keep deterministic crafting in the game because it enables them to complete their items far more quickly than they otherwise would. But then there would quickly be nothing left to achieve. It was an interesting experiment, and we understand that some players will likely be attached to this level of incredibly easy crafting, but it's just not the Path of Exile we set out to make.

This sentiment was summed up by a member of our design team who recently said "We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

then your philosophy needs to change with needs of the player and game growth(it has exceeded your philosophy), chaos.exalt,annul orb and regal orb spamming(not determinstic/gambling) is not fun, harvest was the bandaid (deterministic).

exalting an item can be fun and if you mess up the item, the annul craft was there to help you fix it and now with this nerf it wont be. Nerfhammer!

that last quote sounds like it came from someone who last played the game 2years ago, before harvest was ever a thing, and they enjoyed chaos and regal spamming their items.
Wow I guess the trade API and server stability will be fixed when half the players quit lol.
If the power level must be lowered fine, but please address the issue of trust-trading/Discord being required to trade crafts.

At least now the excuse "but they are too strong to trade" can't be used.

Give them the bestiary orb treatment allowing crafts to be placed into an orb and traded/sold/indexed via official trade api/website.

If for some reason that can't be done, at least heavily increase the Horticrafting station storage limit (even with an upgrade cost similar to delve upgrades).

It seems odd to say that trading these crafts is discouraged, yet allowed if you want to trust trade / risk scams.
"
GoldenI wrote:

I will honeslty stop recomending this POE to others. Since fun time is over.

/agree

Sad but true :(
This was a bit unwarranted. Harvest was really useful for SSF and it was pretty rare to find the exact crafts you want without TFT. While its hard to tell the exact impact of the nerfs, feels like this isn't gonna affect trade league that much since trading crafts on discord is likely gonna continue to exist.

more like "a member of our design team hates progress and we should all go back to stone age Vegas, where we blindly gamble with stones"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info