Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

Welp, GGG isn't gonna see any of my money anymore. I didn't think I would actually play D2 Res when it released cause Harvest made it so fun to craft.. but I know now.. at least on there crafting and MFing is deterministic.
Last edited by QticaX on Mar 28, 2021, 11:54:12 AM
"
Rellikor wrote:
either remove harvest from Zana missions or make it extremely rare

it's already extremely rare for some players like me. over the last week, i ran over 500 maps with my atlas set for harvest and i got only 2 harvests spawned today. one of them was the heart so it was completely useless. when i saw the first one, i thought it was awesome. a few more maps and i got the second. i thought my luck had changed. 50 maps later and nothing again. the mechanics behind harvest spawning is severely broken as a player that i party with, that has an almost identical atlas setup, gets at least 10 a day. i know this because i've seen it myself. then we run the same maps in my atlas and nothing... all day. harvest nerf gets put in place and i will stop playing completely and move on to less broken games where the staff actually care about players or lan games which i have lots of
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
Unless you’re min/maxing it is sufficiently rare to get Harvest by Zana but GGG doesn’t balance around what the majority of people are doing. They’ve made it possible for people to get up to 30 Zana choices at a time. Trust me when you’re getting 30 at a time Harvest is no longer sufficiently rare. They see these people able to craft in Harvest all day everyday so then GGG decides to balance around it. The majority of players are not doing this but they don’t care. I’ve played a ton this league without min/maxing my atlas for Zana harvest and have never seen a lot of the add/removes I need to complete my gear.
Last Epoch getting so much attention lately.

coincidence?
I've already posted my initial 2c on this, but I've been keeping this change in mind while playing over the last couple weeks.

Since then, As I'm sick of alt spamming my staff to get a T1 mod (maybe 2000 so far) I decided to start a new character that required a lot of expensive gear. I don't have a lot, maybe 15 exalt, and I earned about another 25 along the way. As such, this requires a lot of harvest crafting for add / remove. I've been running mostly Haewark Hamlet and maybe 1 in 10 maps gets a sacred grove. Out of that, I've gotten I think 2 add remove which were not even for the mods I needed. As such, I'm still trying to perfect the gear, not to mention trying to make my jewels have better mods.

This is super slow going and incredibly boring. As such, I just don't want to play. Progress in making my gear better is bad enough as it is. Taking this crafting away (and we all know with the proposed changes it'll be useless) is giving me no incentive to play beyond my usual skill cap. Right now, I'm only pulling about 12M dps and I've yet to kill Maven (I know, right?). I can't get past the final stage. I haven't been able to complete the Breach invitation and I die half the time on the elder / shaper guardian invitations. I NEED a build with like 30M+ dps if you guys put out content like this.
Last edited by Spurnshadow on Mar 29, 2021, 3:53:31 AM
Ty for ruin the game, now the game its 200% harder again for new and intermedium players...
or maybe u guys want only empyrians and other youtubers doing the 100% endgame
"
Rene_2706 wrote:

coincidence?

Certainly not. If you search the Manifesto Subforum for "Epoch" you get 6 pages full of hits. I bought the early access myself in reaction to the Harvest changes. The guys at Eleventh Hour Games must be very grateful for the Harvest changes, that's for sure.

To be fair, I have to note, that although I like the game, I am not really hooked yet. There is something special about the pace of PoE and the skill effect, especially with MTX, that I just miss. Then again, it is still in beta and shows a huge amount of promise.

Competition is always good. It remains to be seen how the potential rise of Last Epoch will reflect on PoE. If GGG is honestly about conserving RNG as THE major philosophy of the game, they shouldn't be concerned about Last Epoch, because that game follows a diametrically different approach.

What I really, really like about Last Epoch is the boss fights. Bosses generally have more HP and the game adapts elements from modern MMORPGS and overall it is much more about dodging and skill than raw dps. Boss fights in general are just much more fun.

At the end of the day, however, GGG is an enterprise and I personally hope, they reconsider - economically and/or philosophically - whether it is a good approach, to force that extreme RNG approach on a playerbase, whose vast majority is actually annoyed by it and craves for a little determinism.
Last edited by Shafirion on Mar 29, 2021, 8:22:04 AM
"
Spurnshadow wrote:

This is super slow going and incredibly boring. As such, I just don't want to play. Progress in making my gear better is bad enough as it is. Taking this crafting away (and we all know with the proposed changes it'll be useless) is giving me no incentive to play beyond my usual skill cap. Right now, I'm only pulling about 12M dps and I've yet to kill Maven (I know, right?). I can't get past the final stage. I haven't been able to complete the Breach invitation and I die half the time on the elder / shaper guardian invitations. I NEED a build with like 30M+ dps if you guys put out content like this.

That's actually the most disturbing part. It should be noted, that there are some huge inconsistencies in GGGs argument when you consider the introduction of the Maven Orb and the Awakener's Orb before hat. The foundation of both these items rests on stacking influenced modifiers. Of course this comes with the potential for insane items, but the whole endgame content ist designed on that potential.

At the beginning of the league, once I get past let's say level 90 I usually rely on boss carry services for Sirus. If you are still lacking the dps to kill him off quickly, the risk is just too high. Or as someone else asked rethorically in another thread: "You go to Sirus with xp?!".

As someone to do so, it is astonishing to see, how some people are able to pretty much instant kill Sirus on the 4th day of the league. This is a perfect example of the huge gap between the average player and the top 1%.

Once my build actually took off, I started offering boss carry myself this league. It is stunning how many requests you get. And this is with Harvest, which is rumored to make overpowered gear easily accessible to everyone. Well if after two month into the league so many people can't beat Sirus, let alone the new Maven content, this rises some doubts.
"
Shafirion wrote:
"
Rene_2706 wrote:

coincidence?

Certainly not. If you search the Manifesto Subforum for "Epoch" you get 6 pages full of hits. I bought the early access myself in reaction to the Harvest changes. The guys at Eleventh Hour Games must be very grateful for the Harvest changes, that's for sure.

To be fair, I have to note, that although I like the game, I am not really hooked yet. There is something special about the pace of PoE and the skill effect, especially with MTX, that I just miss. Then again, it is still in beta and shows a huge amount of promise.

Competition is always good. It remains to be seen how the potential rise of Last Epoch will reflect on PoE. If GGG is honestly about conserving RNG as THE major philosophy of the game, they shouldn't be concerned about Last Epoch, because that game follows a diametrically different approach.

What I really, really like about Last Epoch is the boss fights. Bosses generally have more HP and the game adapts elements from modern MMORPGS and overall it is much more about dodging and skill than raw dps. Boss fights in general are just much more fun.

At the end of the day, however, GGG is an enterprise and I personally hope, they reconsider - economically and/or philosophically - whether it is a good approach, to force that extreme RNG approach on a playerbase, whose vast majority is actually annoyed by it and craves for a little determinism.

100% agree on all the above. I said to myself that due to the lack of response from GGG I will not spend any more money on POE next league but will buy Last Epoch and I did and it is great.

It wont replace POE right now but maybe it will in the future if GGG continue on this journey of silence when regular people want an answer.

I wonder would this silence also exist if all the top 1% and Youtubers and Twitch streamers would be as unhappy as many of the normal folks.

We wont know as all the Twitch and Youtubers are afraid to get banned for arbitrary reasons like PathofMath did. You just have to fake some discord discussions and woala. A ban is here.
So I used to play a lot of MMORPGS back in the day but with being a dad etc, simply don't have time for that.
Played some PoE back in Betrayal and picked up the game again with Heist. Bought a supporter pack for the first time, thinking this would be a good game to invest in, long term as the perfect game I can sink a lot of hours in when my life allows it and just play casually when it doesn't.
Had fun with both Heist and Ritual, managing to get 36 challenges done in both. Harvest adding some extra oomph to my builds definitely made Ritual that much more exciting as a somewhat casual player (say 5-15 hrs/week).

That said, these proposed harvest changes/nerfs have me seriously questioning the decision making process behind this game with regards to players like me. It seems like the devs want to cater to players who can play 30+ hours/week and beat rng by sheer volume while everyone else, well, tough shit we don't care about you.

So now I find myself looking at Last Epoch and Grim Dawn while also wondering if it's maybe worth waiting for D4. If you had asked me about this 2 months ago, I would have told you that I wasn't going to give a single cent to Activision Blizzard anymore...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info