Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

"
Kairuto2020 wrote:
If the next league, the percentage of time and effort spent on Harvest is more than all other mechanics again, we will have another nerf on Harvest. And nope, boycotting or not playing will not help as you will not be counted in the percentage. The only way is to play the game and not do Harvest as much as before.

Weird logic...

The only way we can show our disrespect the changes, so we are not supporting the way where POE goes is not not play and not spend money.
I m a big fan of you GGG. And supported you since the day I have met you. I m not posting on forums usually. I just feel like a kid again, I was having the toy of my life (happy I could try more builds and experiment even further and beyond in this game), finally got access to some really cool thing (and i m still gonna play till league ends). The economy was really healthy, everyone was hyped for harvest and then what you do? I know it may be late but you can still save it all. I will support what I enjoy, as I always do. Don't forget that without Blizzard and Diablo this game would not exist and that most of your player base comes from the promise blizzard have broken. Now it s on you turn on braking dreams/promises, expect what is inevitable and it may come in less than one year.
you guys dont want us to have fun any more do you?
"
DaCurse wrote:
"
Nice...
The English version has more than 4,000 posts, reddit has a ton of detailed posts with a bunch of pluses, and even the Russian branch has more than 1,000 posts and... Nothing)
Cool GGG listens to its community, just zero reaction, no answers, no explanations, silence.

It should be a shame, even in Diablo 3 they gave feedback and promised to rebalance the firebird set after the final nerfs for the start of the 23 season, which people did not like.

Here many wrote (on the Reddit, too) that they will no longer buy support packs and will go to other games. I haven't played POE for a year, because it takes too much time for me to build a normal build, after the manifest of this I definitely won't come back for another year, and maybe more, I made pre-orders for Diablo 2 ressurected.

Diablo 3 in this regard gives much more emotions in a shorter period of time, and due to the fact that it is easier, my wife plays it with me. In POE does not want to. Too long and complicated for her. And with this attitude to the community, it's too much for me, too.

What do they need to explain? They made this post in order to explain everything. What kind of answer or reaction do you want from them?

They made a post and received unprecedented feedback, many people gave reasonable and logical arguments in favor of the fact that Harvest in its current form is only good for the game on their part (the number of players at the start of the league and a month later proof of this), makes the threshold for entering hardcore and SSF leagues easier, involving those who would have simply stopped playing before. It also makes the items on the trade leagues more accessible for beginners and those who can not spend much time on the game.
In addition, Harvest allows you to massively create builds that previously could not exist and close all the content, there is also evidence of this in the form of PoE Ninja

So what? Did GGG counter-argue these arguments in any way? Have you given more compelling reasons to reject the benefits that the current Harvest has brought?

No. They chose to simply ignore the feedback. Cool.
Just a reminder, Mar 24, 2021 posted by Chris:
"
Chris wrote:

Communication is Important
At Grinding Gear Games, we've always treated communication with the community as a priority.
At the end of every league, I ask myself - do I really want to go through all this again? Does it still feel like fun, or does it start feeling more like.. work?

Now, when I imagine I will need to spend so much more time mindlessly grinding to get the same result as with the current state of Harvest, it just suddenly seems like a boring work to me.

Messing with the tags a little to eliminate the most insane crafts would be so much better then the introduced nerfs.
SO the only thing that allows the average player who don't play religiously, spend 14 hours a day or more, and the insanely rich players, can't get to try end game anymore because of this.

Kinda wish i could refund all the money I put into this game.

The reason's people trade away the currency items for regular items is because they don't want to take the risk of ruining items to the point of worthlessness.

Let's take the crafting they want to put in. You have lets just say an item. Lets use 3 mods, all t1. Use an exalt now you get a t9 mod. Now you annul, lose a t1, annul again, lose another t1. At this point, wtf is the point of using currency beside trade it to those who craft religiously and can farm up the currency?

Harvest was the only way the casuals could get gear powerful enough to get to t15 + maps and end game bosses.

If you are going to remove the powerful harvest crafting, then make exalt orbs be spent in tiers. For example: 1 exalt orb for one mod = up to t6; 2 exalt orbs up to t2' 3 exalt orbs for up to t1 mod.

For annulment orbs, why not allow players to have the choice to annul a specific type of mod that the harvest has. For example, you use an annul orb and it gives you a list of what type to annul (attack, caster, phys, elemental type etc).

The hole gambling thing just makes the game not worth playing for casuals. Most will either uninstall or stick to standard where they already made build specific crafts instead of trying something new.
Same here. Truing to make my build(first one was on 2014 some where on ru comunity), practice with other builds from forum/youtube, trying to craft things and was glad when harvest arrived, buy some pack, tabs/premium tabs/MTX etc. and after this nerf i'm starting to think abou Grim Dawn, Last Epoch whatever, just couse can't spend a lot of time to farm currency to buy on trade league/craft in SSF/season etc.
But GGG nwm, just another butthurt from another player.
the best way to show them this is a bad move, is simply to not play the next league when it starts, or at all, which I'm planning to do, I skipped heist and I felt great about it. and I quit this league as soon as they announced this [Removed by Support].
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Mar 28, 2021, 9:41:37 AM
"
Matdas wrote:

Harvest was the only way the casuals could get gear powerful enough to get to t15 + maps and end game bosses.

This is just wrong. Sorry but i can get to t15 maps with 2 exalts budget.
Just not with every build and not with a build that plain sucks.

I dont say the harvest changes are perfect but there is a lot mimi here that is just not correct. The only way that what you are saying is correct, is if you think a casual is playing 1 hour a week.
This is the only thread I have seen where the page count is going down.
This is a buff™

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info