Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

Why GGG fight progress?
"
KittenSmasher wrote:
It's really interesting to see how most of the people against these nerfs on this thread are either in tones of sadness, disappointment, suggestion with new/dif ideas and adult discussion, or explanations of how everyone can still enjoy the game with a middle ground.

Then the few voices who pop in and agree with the nerfs are aggressive, toxic and selfish. Summing up their posts with "git gud" and "deal with it."

This is the 1% that GGG would rather have as their audience? I guess that does indeed say a lot about the future of the game.

Okay. Ima try not to be "toxic" here.

Do you not see the irony of your post? The "tinfoil-hatness" of it?

I am not a 1%. Not even by a lightyear or 2.

I simply think most of people take this nerf WAY too serious.

Have you bothered with reading more of your alleged constructive criticism anti-nerf comments?

"GGG is like Blizzard"
"GGG is disconnected from its playerbase!"
"I agree GGG is disconnected. Finally people open their eyes to the bad business practices"
"My wallet will speak next league"
"Im gonna play something else instead because..."

Yea. No tinfoil. Super constructive and logical. Super polite too.

It is also that the underlying rational of arguments partially is flawed.
Yes, removing harvest as was PRIOR to the atlas socketing changes would have been devestating and likely as close to as bad as some people make it out to be.

Regardless of harvest, you can now target farm areas for specific things, drops, temples etc.

Never before could you farm currency and items etc so well targeted and quickly and easily but apparently harvest crafting is THE most important thing.

I suggest harvest crafting should not have been in the game again at all. Or already nerfed as it is going to be. We wouldnt be having this conversation and instead people would harvest craft and be happy they can at all.

"
sc0rp404 wrote:
Plebs don't understand that GGG employees, as well as businesses participate in RMT, and the Harvest crafting hurts their bottom line. If you follow the market; the prices have fallen >50% year-over-year. That is a massive dent in the income they depend on.

Get real, this isn't about you.

And another person knowing the truth.

Well done fine Sir!

You probably also believe that the current global situation has been made by a specific country to target the world and now the illuminati can finally get their move on for the new world order.

Seems to me the pandemic has people going mildly insane.
Soooo my anger goes just above levels. farmed whole week for 50ex

got the boots. spammed tailwind and then some random hunter pierce mod. then i bought maven orb wich is ridiculusly over priced. slaped. boom tailwind gone.

so how the fak i should craft in this game if grinding gear games disables remove add target crafts ??

ggg what are you thinking ? this is not normal at all. this is gambling. this should be reported asap.
fk archnemesis.
Everyone here talking about their 60-70 hour work week... wtf is wrong with the world that this is normal?

40 hour work weeks are recognised as the healthiest balance between work and private life. If you're not earning enough on a 40 hour job, your lifestyle is too expensive or you're not getting paid enough and should demand better treatment.
The only job I am aware of that REQUIRES this amount of work and is criminally underpaid is vegetable growing farmers. Most of them work 60-80 hours and earn less than minimum wage per year. But that's because society is fucked.
If you're not doing this kind of job, your employer/government is the problem, not this game's systems.

Honestly, I can't believe this shit.

Anyways if you don't have enough time to play PoE, the game should not suffer for it. 'Time savers' is how we get things like level boosts and P2W loot boxes in many games. It is up to YOU to find and play a game that meets YOUR schedule.
If you want to play the game without the time pressure of a league and economic pressure associated with trade leagues, play SSF standard and play the game long term without demanding shortcuts that are at the detriment of other players' experience. This is why standard exists.

------

Now all this being said, Harvest is a valuable and necessary resource for all players and should remain in the game in a fairly powerful form, not because it saves time but because of build diversity.
Whether you think that someone's snowflake Caustic burning arrow cold conversion miner is worth existing or not is not the question. These kinds of builds are just FOR FUN and they're never going to be competitive builds. But players should be able to HAVE FUN.

Nobody sane is asking for the tools for these builds to instantly destroy t16 bosses. Some players want to make crazy builds and take them to white maps to enjoy their idea's result. Competing in the PoE market and being efficient is NOT the aim for people that play these builds.

This is why I think influence mods should not be craftable through harvest augments EXCEPT the specific augment/replace influence crafts, which should be extremely rare. But at the same time we should keep annuls.
Influence mods are generally too powerful now and overshadow some of the most interesting mechanics provided by unique items so I'd rather see these influence mods be more difficult to come by, making uniques a healthy and viable mid-game option and reduce the number of 'mirror tier' items because the game really is not and should not be about having perfect items.
"
SuperDrop wrote:

got the boots. spammed tailwind and then some random hunter pierce mod. then i bought maven orb wich is ridiculusly over priced. slaped. boom tailwind gone.

so how the fak i should craft in this game if grinding gear games disables remove add target crafts ??

ggg what are you thinking ? this is not normal at all. this is gambling. this should be reported asap.

The experience you had with crafting here should be seen as the 'norm'. Most players are at this level of crafting and the systems that exist are making players gamble on their items. This is GOOD.

Don't take it away.

I do think you should think about your crafting a bit though. If you've already put most of your currency into your craft and the next gamble has the potential to erase all your progress, you should stop there until you can afford to make a replacement if it goes wrong.
"
Incarcerated wrote:
"
SuperDrop wrote:

The experience you had with crafting here should be seen as the 'norm'. Most players are at this level of crafting and the systems that exist are making players gamble on their items. This is GOOD.

Don't take it away.

I do think you should think about your crafting a bit though. If you've already put most of your currency into your craft and the next gamble has the potential to erase all your progress, you should stop there until you can afford to make a replacement if it goes wrong.

what you mean ? stop there ? and replacement. what are you talking about lol. i want second pair of boots.

i never recraft my current wearable boots. wich costed me to make whole month and over 200 exalt wich i saved long time.
take a not to normal player who still havent seen exalts and not even using itemfilter..
im pretty sure you dont know nothing about crafting. profile is public. and yours too. gl talking nosense. take away. harvest is must have , 80% of players spam harvest content for remove adds. just shhh. kay
fk archnemesis.
The harvest has kept me playing this leagua way longer then I otherwise would as there was always another step to min-max the build to be made. Would I keep trying if the chance to succeed was 0.001% per item? Hell no.. and I strongly doubt waste majority of players would.

Don't get the reasoning behind the announced change really. Why would anyone close his eyes when exalting an item, scared the result would be bad, when there's usually like 97%-99% chance it WILL be bad? Either someone extremely naive or very bad in math..

I also find the Discord trading system a really cool addition to the game btw. :)
"
SuperDrop wrote:
"
Incarcerated wrote:
"
SuperDrop wrote:

Don't take it away.

what you mean ? stop there ? and replacement. what are you talking about lol. i want second pair of boots.

i never recraft my current wearable boots. wich costed me to make whole month and over 200 exalt wich i saved long time.
take a not to normal player who still havent seen exalts and not even using itemfilter..
im pretty sure you dont know nothing about crafting. profile is public. and yours too. gl talking nosense. take away. harvest is must have , 80% of players spam harvest content for remove adds. just shhh. kay

I assumed you didn't have another pair of boots because you were so angry. My bad :)
Your experience is normal though. You're assuming that new players without lootfilters are 'normal' but that's not the case.
Most players now use harvest and other crafting methods and don't get what they want. And that's fine.
Removing so much of harvest's utility as they're suggesting really fucks up how willing people are to try crafting instead of just buying items.
I like those changes. Probably because i don't have 4 wifes, 7 children, 3 jobs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info