Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

PoE is sinking boat. The sooner you leave the better. Continuous bad decisions, not adressing many issues this game has for years, etc..
I was so hyped for PoE2, now I couldnt care less especially with D2R coming out this year.
GGG Patch Notes: "Fixed a bug where players actually wanted to play the game"
If you're gonna nerf it could you allow us to store ALL crafting options in the horticrafting station instead of being limited to a tiny 10?

Grinding out maps and having to stop to craft is jarring.

(I agree with the nerfs)
Last edited by Buggsy2 on Mar 19, 2021, 8:49:50 AM
"
Man, don't worry about the hateful comments. It's just an eco chamber. The developer is GRINDING Gear Games, the genre is hack n slash ARPG. Yet people don't want to grind. When they introduced harvest, I quit the game and came back this league after playing for a day or two in other leagues. The game is not for every one, just like Dark Souls isn't for every one. It has a certain model and certain dynamics to it.

The devs knew they were making a huge mistake when they introduced harvest for the first time. The nerfs now SHOULD have been in place before re-introducing harvest this league. Anyways devs are staying true to their original game mentality and design. And it takes heart and balls to do this. Sure they might lose a bit of profit next league but this is good for the game in the long term. And harvest is still very strong, people are just mad because of mob mentality.

It is hard to take your opinion seriously when you main minion builds. Of course you don't need harvest to clear all content.
447 pages and 0 GGG answers
"
Vandurman wrote:
447 pages and 0 GGG answers

Why should they reply? They're not going to back down deal with it.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
It is what it is, but If this is a place to express my personal opinion. I thought the way it was reintroduced in Ritual league was great for how I play. I don't sell or buy the crafts and even liked the struggle on deciding what to save. I am sure I wasted many expensive crafts but to me it wasn't something I was ever going to sell. It gave me currency I was willing to gamble and not feel like I lost something I felt I put in a lot of time to earn.
Last edited by Veynom on Mar 19, 2021, 10:15:08 AM
save harvest pls
"

Why should they reply? They're not going to back down deal with it.

From the first thread
"
Note: We love reading your thoughts on our proposed changes or design philosophies. Replies are enabled in the Development Manifesto forum, but please only post constructive on-topic discussion in each of the threads. We may remove posts that are low on content or contain hateful non-constructive sentiment. This forum can be an ideal place for a dialogue about upcoming changes!

As long as the changes are not implemented in a released build, it is important to discuss our disapproval.

Some people should learn to be polite and constructive about it.
I disagree with the changes, as it only affect the lower end of players.
The 1% and 0.1% won't be affected much by the changes.

I had a lot of fun with the old harvest on a casual stand point, but I understand how powerful it was. The core version is a lot more balance and the "Nerfed" version is completly unbalanced toward a very few amount of the player base.

I'm open to change my stand on the subject if someone can give me a proper arguement about this.
How is the new harvest nerf, good for the general player base?
I'm talking about the middle players, Those who know how the game works, but are not part of the 1%+
instead of nerfing harvest to the ground, you could try the following:
like with captured beasts, you could have the harvest craft itemized.
for randomise specific mod you would have to insert a divine orb, the harvest would produce a specialized divine orb that would apply the effect from whoever uses it.
for annuls, you put in annuls, for augs you put in an exalted orb.
rem-add harvests you put in both an annul and an exalt.

combine that with making an actual auction house and you dont need TFT anymore, if that is what you wish for.

GGG, please respond to this topic.
This is not the problem. A lot of people don’t understand that ggg intentions about harvest were different than the outcome turned out to be. A lot of players think that ggg sees TFT discord as a problem because we went there and traded crafts, and think that this “outsourced” trading and players complaining about it somehow prompted those nerfs.

This is not the reason at all, ggg wanted to provide more deterministic crafting to players, and they tried to limit/bottleneck it enough so it wouldn’t spoil/destroy current game economy and crafting/trading. 10 limit on station, randomness of available crafts, randomness of spawns, more randomness in crafts themselves (like we used to have non-white to white socket, now it’s random to white for example) this all was implemented to on the one hand give players an Avenue to craft their own gear over long period of time, on the other keep current power trading relevant.

But all of those limits got bypassed via TFT trading, and this is what resulted in upcoming nerfs, that majority of us don’t agree to. All of you who are asking for making crafts itemized and developing any sort of in-game trading method of crafts are looking at it from wrong angle. If you want harvest to prevail in its current form, you should advocate for making those crafts non-tradeable. Because if they are possible to share, this will be abused regardless of what form harvest we will be having. This is the root of the problem, not trading via TFT server but trading the crafts overall. 90% of items would not come to be if we would not buy/sell crafts. That’s the culprit and root of the problem. Whatever ggg is trying to achieve with these nerfs is failing miserably because we will still be buying and selling crafts and we will still make op items, difference being it will be reserved to maybe 10-15% of the players.
Persistence makes impossible possible, possible likely and likely definite. Yep, Mirror will drop eventually -_-
Last edited by N4rk0tyk on Mar 19, 2021, 12:03:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info