Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

"
Incarcerated wrote:
Next time you quote a reply thread, make sure the person you're quoting actually said the thing you've edited your quote down to.

You are right. I apologize.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
Thank god, I missed this Harvest fiasco that happened in the few weeks because I'm busy with the other game. This is the first time I've seen a post to have more than 400 pages, must be a really hot topic.

And with regards to the changes in Harvest, I'm with the YAY. I can adapt to whatever comes along, I can do the same content with or without it.

As I have said before, Harvest is like opening Pandora's box, it should have not existed in the first place. So now people who got the taste of its power will not let it go if you take it away from them.
"A game IS supposed to waste your time but it's not supposed to make you FEEL like you're wasting your time:
It's supposed to make you WANT to waste your time."
Why dont they just make is like Ess or Catalyst or something?

You get tradeable currency that drops that can ie.....

1. add a influence
2. remove a / add b
3. reforge
4. reforge as x
5. etc. etc. etc

They could gain $ by charging a new stash tab for it.
You can now control algo how much of each drops

Whats the diff between charging a discord for it and the frags??? zero

Gains revenue for them, keeps customers happy, allows for greater build diversity, not sure the downside
No downside at all, beside that the gap between the 18h/day dudes and the normal players will be much less. I played this season quite alot but only because of harvest allow me to progress and i wont farm 6h for a stupid gamble wich I will loose 8 times out of 10, maybe more often. The outcome is a char wich is maybe close to perfect at least the best exile i ever had.

I thought alot about the "why" they would nerf harvest to the ground and stop people from the continuously slow upgrades trought the game. Sure tft is the mainreason why it need to be slowed (never used it since i wont give somebody a 50ex item and hope he make it a 100ex item and trade it back....)

I guess mirrors are much less used with harvest since u can craft almost anything within the costrange of the price so it only is used to "wtf synth items" with perfect stats, how many of this items even exist.... Maybe they sell mirrors on the blackmarket, but this market is dead. So they get of course more transaktions from all the player wich now enjoy the game but in the books it is less then what they make with the 1-5% of players wich buys mirrors, hard to believe but otherwise this change makes no sense at all. "close your eyes and slam the ex, this is vaalmechanic and look at the topplayers at poe ninja, even the elite with near neverending ressources dont do it on expensive items.

The streamers wich complains game is to easy make more profit from a higher playerbase, since I more often look a game i play myself, than a game i dont. And if you think it is too easy just skipp harvest nobody force you to use it.
I still got hope they find a good way to keep harvests and allow average or above average players like me (dont even know if iam above) to enjoy the grind throught the upgrade process wich is still a long way to go. Nobody except the guy with the long hair and the high voice will finish the game in 3days and he will do with or without harvest since he could kill maven naked with a offmeta build..

looking forward to a staffpost and hoping the best
Last edited by Chamow on Mar 18, 2021, 1:59:29 AM
"
Rakushi wrote:

Comments that agreed with the upcoming proposed changes: 121 (7.8%)
Comments that disliked the upcoming changes proposed: 1218 (78.8%)
Comments that voiced a neutral opinion or had both good and bad to say: 67 (4.3%)
Comments that were off-topic / questions / fluff or discussions: 138 (8.9%)

Total comments read and listed by me before I felt that I've had enough and felt exhausted to read all of this (Mad respect to GGG_Forumsupport for your stamina...): 1544
"
Graas Hoppa wrote:
"
Rakushi wrote:

Comments that voiced a neutral opinion or had both good and bad to say: 67 (4.3%)

Total comments read and listed by me before I felt that I've had enough and felt exhausted to read all of this (Mad respect to GGG_Forumsupport for your stamina...): 1544

There's one problem with this "survey" though. People who have a negative opinion on the matter voice out more/comment more to voice out their concern than people who have a positive opinion/feeling about the subject matter. Because negative emotions stir more emotion & you can easily get more engagement to the subject matter. Same reason why Media outlets tend to share more "bad" news than good news for better viewer/reader engagement/clicks.

Youtube actually done a social experiment about this, they posted a similar content/topic video, one framing it in a negative way & the other in a positive way. Guess what, which one has the highest views & comments despite with similar content & topic? The one that framed/painted in a negative way.

So having more people comment disagreeing with the decision does not mean they are the majority in the player base. Maybe people who are just ok with the decision just shrug the announcement & move on to something else thats why they didn't even bother commenting.

This survey could have more weight if the votes were close to the actual player base count which is 300K (PC only), which is not the case.
"A game IS supposed to waste your time but it's not supposed to make you FEEL like you're wasting your time:
It's supposed to make you WANT to waste your time."
"
boyandroid wrote:
"
Graas Hoppa wrote:
"
Rakushi wrote:

There's one problem with this "survey" though. People who have a negative opinion on the matter voice out more/comment more to voice out their concern than people who have a positive opinion/feeling about the subject matter. Because negative emotions stir more emotion & you can easily get more engagement to the subject matter. Same reason why Media outlets tend to share more "bad" news than good news for better viewer/reader engagement/clicks.

Youtube actually done a social experiment about this, they posted a similar content/topic video, one framing it in a negative way & the other in a positive way. Guess what, which one has the highest views & comments despite with similar content & topic? The one that framed/painted in a negative way.

So having more people comment disagreeing with the decision does not mean they are the majority in the player base. Maybe people who are just ok with the decision just shrug the announcement & move on to something else thats why they didn't even bother commenting.

This survey could have more weight if the votes were close to the actual player base count which is 300K (PC only), which is not the case.

not really... if someone didnt care before or after change about harvest they wouldnt comment sure... but if someone thinks Harvest was bad and this change is good they would most likely defend this decision(especially after such a big community outrage). so even if its not 100% accurate it kinda provides a good enough survey about what community wants in average.
So bad idea lol idk where is your brain
"
boyandroid wrote:
Thank god, I missed this Harvest fiasco that happened in the few weeks because I'm busy with the other game. This is the first time I've seen a post to have more than 400 pages, must be a really hot topic.

And with regards to the changes in Harvest, I'm with the YAY. I can adapt to whatever comes along, I can do the same content with or without it.

As I have said before, Harvest is like opening Pandora's box, it should have not existed in the first place. So now people who got the taste of its power will not let it go if you take it away from them.

Harvest is a build-enabler and people enjoy having the ability to progress in a clear-cut way. So, of course, those that enjoy it the most will lose hope having that shortcut taken away from them (this observation doesn't take into account SSF players who have no way of acquiring support from TFT).

But, honestly, I think the issue is not actually the harvest nerf but the following:

1. Poorly written manifesto - written in a way that makes GGG staff appear to not understand their own crafting mechanics or how their players interact with the original crafting system and materials (chaos, ex, etc)

2. Ineffective solutions to problems listed in the manifesto
- Players will still flock to TFT for crafts

3. Ignoring the vast number of existing issues which many have already listed, a few of them being; currency scarcity, junk item overload, poor trading system, poor performance and so on...

I don't know if GGG are planning to address these issues in PoE 2, if they are, they should make that clear/er.

If GGG are making a lot of fixes to the issues I mentioned above in the upcoming league, then they should have thought about the timing of this manifesto and released it after the initial league announcement OR alongside the development notes.

This comes down to poor judgement in the end. Nothing more, nothing less.
"
boyandroid wrote:
"
Graas Hoppa wrote:
"
Rakushi wrote:

it's literally 1/10
edit: or better said 9/10
Last edited by TheFilipo on Mar 18, 2021, 6:20:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info