Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

You won't get my money in 3.14 unless you introduce something exceptional. Like auction house, or tradable crafts
There is simple way to fix this, you can't craft the item with harvest until you run 100 maps, it calculates it when it's in the tash. After that if you trade item to next person, he'll also have to run 100 map before he can craft it with harvest.

Or

You can use xp to unlock harvest mods, maybe a craft bench with item slots(5-8 item slots). When you're mapping the item in the slot is collecting xp to unlock more powerful harvest crafting option. When you trade it or remove the item from the slot it'll reset the xp bar. And you have to collect again if you want to harvest craft it.
Last edited by alvilagiustokos on Mar 17, 2021, 6:00:28 PM
This is step in wrong direction, Chris. Reconsider it, you still have time!

Also, let me tell you a secret: do you know why this league was so popular? No? It was not because of Ritual, which is boring, and takes too much time compared to profits. It was because of 3 things:
-Maven('s orbs)
-Atlas 'ascendancies'
-and HARVEST!

Yes, this harvest, which allowed people to create items for their own non-meta builds (i'm trying storm call now, which is not too popular). And you are about to ruin it. Please, DON'T.

Number of replies under this manifesto speaks for itself, great majority is AGAINST nuking harvest, some of them even suggest how to deal with tft trading and other problems.

Listen to your players, its not too late!
Just giving my two cents...
I rarely had any good crafted gear in any league before Ritual, tbh. I never bothered with it because of the heavy RNG penalty. Whenever a good item dropped, I tried to sell in on poe.trade or pathofexile.com/trade.

This league I got lucky with a few drops and had some currency to use for crafting, so I gave it a go. Harvest was amazing for crafting/improving my gear. It was a lot less random but it still took me weeks to get decent gear.

Now I don't play for 8 hours/day and only have limited time. Metacrafting had always been completely out of my reach and I got to see high-end gear only in streams or youtube videos.

This change feels so heavy-handed and is, quite frankly, disheartening. I have since stopped playing Ritual...
The main reason is that I feel completely left out by GGG's idea of crafting and obtaining gear, or rather will be in the next league. GGG has always been great in finding some kind of balance but this change seems out of touch with the average player.
Even trade never got changes that made it easier to do in game. You need to alt-tab and use your webbrowser.

I don't find it entertaining to do SSF and want to experience the end-game without grinding like the 0.1%. I spend 2-3h/day during a league in PoE, which is already a lot of time, all things considered.

3.14 seems to be another league where I can hope for a are some lucky drops along the way and to buy gear on trade.

Edit: Another thing and a bit offtopic - whenever I see streamers claim that "content X is laughably easy" or "crafting item Y only takes a few exalts", I really wonder if they realize that they are in a very small minority of players. A lot of pleople (me included) rarely beat the hardest league content in the league it is released. Most of the time I do the post-nerf, watered down, patched version.
Ritual enabled me to use better items and actually beat some of the content when it was released. It was a GREAT feeling.

I could craft items that made the progress tangible. Taking a huge portion of that away seems like a step in the wrong direction, imho.
Last edited by Alatikus on Mar 17, 2021, 6:40:32 PM
Three points I want to make:
1. Harvest is pretty rare. You can run maps for hours without encountering one.
2. High tier harvest mobs are extremely dangerous for most (if not all) builds. Basically Harvest is one of the rippiest things in the game.
3. I need one specific mod (remove cold) and I am looking for it for weeks now. No luck whatsoever. I.e. harvest not only rare, but also random AF.

My question: what is there to nerf?..
Handmade cursors for PoE: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2740991
Last edited by Flying_Mage on Mar 17, 2021, 6:54:24 PM
Here we have a post (from 2012) where players opinions did matter a lot.
The GGG-Players interaction was very good.
Check out this post (scroll it down to see the interactions):

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/22679/page/1

Today, we are just being completely ignored. I have no idea why this is happening.
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
― Albert Einstein
Last edited by jacarishe on Mar 17, 2021, 7:22:56 PM
I know there's already been a lot said and I imagine this response will get lost in the collective outcry, but...

I'm not particularly attached to Harvest or deterministic crafting. I do think that this move is a mistake, and that's because saying that PoE is a game "about acquiring powerful items" is a fundamental misunderstanding of what makes the game interesting and engaging. PoE is not a game about acquiring powerful items -- it's a game about solving problems.

The number of mechanics available to players now makes PoE essentially a puzzle game or a coding simulator, just wrapped in an ARPG. The reason people like me have thousands of hours clocked in the game is that there's always clever, interesting, stupid, effective, ridiculous new combinations of things to try. And the reason that that is the case isn't powerful items, it's interesting items. "Stat stick" itemization is boring, and hunting for bigger stat sticks -- whether from loot or from RNG crafting -- doesn't feel good or rewarding.

The problem with deterministic crafting isn't the determinism, it's that it makes it potentially too easy to make your stat sticks too big. The solution, then, is not to remove the determinism but to add more interesting, build-defining and -enabling mods to the pool. Deterministic crafting itemization should take its cue from the unique itemization, which PoE handles very well.
------
"And 'Do what thou willst' shall be the whole of the law." -- Aleister Crowley
"First, love; then, do what thou willst." -- St. Augustine
"Whatever is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
You really should reconsider this decision, that's a dumb move to do, makes me hype for diablo games hoping blizzard has learned something from the few years of constant backlashes.

You are shooting yourself in the feet again, you just had the best league in ages, why go on with your stupid "vision" which one benefits people who plays the game 24/7 ? I don't want to "close my eyes" and gamble on a game, I wanna have fun solving content walls and seeing my progress being rewarded as I achieve my goals with decent items that I could make myself.

Reconsider while you still have time.
"
jacarishe wrote:

Today, we are just being completely ignored. I have no idea why this is happening.

There is a huge difference between the thread you posted and this one. What you posted is essentially people asking about stuff in the OP and GGG answering it. Here, we voice out our disagreement, and since GGG already made up their mind by posting announcement of the changes (not opening a discussion about what the might change) they have really nothing to respond to. Sure they can respond to the outcry, but since they most likely do not plan to cancel those changes, there is really no point in doing that from their point of view.
"
Overmind29 wrote:
"
jacarishe wrote:

There is a huge difference between the thread you posted and this one. What you posted is essentially people asking about stuff in the OP and GGG answering it. Here, we voice out our disagreement, and since GGG already made up their mind by posting announcement of the changes (not opening a discussion about what the might change) they have really nothing to respond to. Sure they can respond to the outcry, but since they most likely do not plan to cancel those changes, there is really no point in doing that from their point of view.

They can insist on the nerfs all they want, but their reasoning in the original manifesto was extremely laughable. They can at least come up with a more realistic-looking explanation.

By not responding, it shows that they either don't have any good reasons, or the reasons are super anti-consumer and they are better off suffering this uproar than a bigger one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info