Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

"
JinLee1337 wrote:
All of you need to understand that nerfing harvest is way better than buffing all the bosses and monsters again, because then your insane double influence items are the base for entering endgame. If gear is more difficult to get the game gets more difficult as a result and that is the whole point, they want to make the game more difficult. There is no accomplishment in beating a boss if most players can do it. A player always pushes as far as the developers let them.

And lastly people have these strange ideas that they need to overgear for endgame content, most of it you can do on a tabula with mechanical skill. I know that because that is often what i have to do in ssf until i get my actual 6-link.

If you can buy op gear, which can clear everything in the game for cheap in trade, then that is bad. If gear is not a limiting factor, then what is the point of getting said gear. The gear hunt becomes a chore if perfect stats are an achievable endgoal, especially if it is locked behind an annoying mechanic like harvest.

this logic simply means they need to get rid of all OP gear retroactively..that way nobody will want it and we can all do maven with a tabula YAY..
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people!
"
"
Does anyone know if this has been retracted or if they have made a statement since the release of this?

They're not backing down guy as it should be.

According to a no-lifer with a trade-centric philosophy, things are fine! As long as this person gets good items, very few other people should, despite whatever effort they make.

Also, here's my daily reminder this manifesto has won the crown for worst, and least-connected-to-players post... well, ever.

I get it, making a game like this (or any really) over a long period of time, for players who often seem hostile, unappreciative, etc etc, is likely to make a developer just as stockholm-syndrome-affected as their players. Sometimes love 'em, mostly, eh, screw them, they make my life hell.

Babies and bathwater though. Make up your minds if you want incremental progression or huge boom-and-bust(and potentially quit, as people do when not inculcated into the gambling-or-else) gameplay.
Harvest was too strong because the other ways of crafting sucked ass. Of course harvest is gonna break PoE's "crafting" because this game's crafting is ass. Chaos and exalt arent crafting. Chaos and exalt are throwing materials in the air hoping it assembles itself and whatever is lands on the floor was "crafted". imagine an artisan throwing his tools and materials in the air and calling it hand "crafted". If theyre going to tone down harvest because it overshadowed the other ways of crafting, maybe give alternatives?

The alternatives arent even alternatives thats why people wont consider them. Put some harvest power into some of the older content. Like augment fire ice lightning to temple. Take out resonators so fossils could become "more common" chaos. Give beasts something else so theyre not just from splitting and imprinting.

Maybe add certain crafts to bosses. Like give atziri an enchant because y'all made her items "useless" just dont make it obnoxious like lab enchants. Maybe something like ritual bases, good stats with obvious downsides since her motif is corruption. Strong modifiers that come with a cost. I added atziri because shes and old hag already time to get her in the spotlight again.

You spend so much time trying to make a new league but shit hits the fan with bugs and performance issues all the time. Maybe revisit an old league with revamped mechanics and stable performance so it doesnt look like turd next to harvest.

Get the "First Ones" to make an appearance. Get the Harbingers' bosses out of their portals or make them descend from space. Get Chayula to breach the dimension and lead his other brethren out of their portals. Have the tempests create spatial anomalies or rifts leading to another space with much harsher environments and special residents with sick new gear. So many leagues have passed and many mechanics are so outdated. Bring these old mechanics up to par with the new PoE and spend the rest of your time fixing shit instead of coming up with a completely new league full of bugs and shitty performance.

For those that would defend Gambling Gear Games

Yes im not a great player I dont know all the ways to "craft". I'm just refusing to learn how to "craft". I just need to git gud. My opinion doesnt count. What else?
Last edited by Shanwen222 on Mar 15, 2021, 3:32:06 AM
Please delete explody while at it. You know it's OP AF...thats why everyone has Crusader/X chests. And why you made it lowest odds of all on alts and no tag. Trivializing mapping and end game is why and you know it.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 15, 2021, 3:27:37 AM
"
GKPlight wrote:
"
Does anyone know if this has been retracted or if they have made a statement since the release of this?

They didn't say anything new about it. It is not retracted.

Well, that unfortunate. I wish they would listen to the community. I guess I'll play until the next patch then look for something thing else to play again. I suppose it will be an enjoy it while you can type of thing.
Last edited by oDIVINEWRAITHo on Mar 15, 2021, 3:52:42 AM
"
davidnn5 wrote:

According to a no-lifer with a trade-centric philosophy, things are fine! As long as this person gets good items, very few other people should, despite whatever effort they make.

I spend most of my time trading, and contrary to popular belief, this nerf isn't just going to hurt the casuals. I'd like to see who the no-lifers think will buy their gear and boss kills when half the casuals are gone.
Last edited by Karcaroth on Mar 15, 2021, 4:05:20 AM
I love this game, but this change... I dont want to run around with s.th gear, without the chance to improve it. I have 3-4 hours a day to play. I think, this is already a bit much. I have a full time job, i have to do another things in my real life. I can not play more, because it is not my job. If only the full time players can do good items, i wont play. I already found an another ARPG with DETERMINSTIC crafting system. Check ZiggyD chanel for it.
Fix your crafting system, or you will lose players. Nobody want to slam exalts. Its a RNG clown fiesta. What do you think? I farm for an item two weeks, and I slam ex on it? :D JOKE.

Furthermore: you just can't be trusted. This leauge: i farmed off my ass, to have the atlas points to be able to farm harvest with zana in lex proxima. And... ninja nerf. You know what I am talking about. What kind of business model is that? Its a lie. Its a scam. I do the work and i dont get the reward. Your game is not rewarding. I dont trust you anymore. You give us something, we are happy, we invest time and money (supporting your work) and no reward for it. That is enough for me.
Last edited by Albundy_84 on Mar 15, 2021, 4:49:37 AM
I think the lack of comment from GGG is appalling, sat there in their Ivory tower, they don't give a damn about their player-base. It's why I bought last epoch yesterday and once this league is over, I will split my time between that and other games. I refuse to support GGG any longer, so out of touch and do not care. And before any smarty-pants says I have no supporter packs, I support the game with mtx I chose, the packs often have things in I don't care about.

Anyone who wants harvest removed has a vested interest only. Why would people having access to a semi decent crafting system, hurt any of the no-lifers? It's essentially a non-competive, single player game. The ONLY reason it bothers them, is there has been less demand for their over-priced crafted items. They are purely being selfish, and greedy. Me being able to tweak my gear has zero impact on another players enjoyment of the game, other than I dont need to buy gear from them at a marked-up price.

Harvest in its current state, is still extremely grind, and rng based. I used 5 lightning rolls on my helm over the last few days, the highest roll was 17%. Getting all t1 rolls is not a formality, it often costs dozens of rolls, and if you are trading, that equates to dozens of ex, an amount that already excludes alot of players. Stop saying Harvest creates op items, it allows good items to be made easier, but it's still not easy. The 1%ers running around with the 6xt1 gear have used hundreds of crafts for their gear. You take Harvest away, they'll still do it next league, it will just take them bit longer and cost them a bit more. Harveat nerfs hurt the common player.

GGG get your heads out of your bottoms, and do a community-wide poll, make it so that when you log in, the poll is there to answer, dispelling any doubt about only vocal minorities having a say then. You won't do this though, you know what the answer will be, and that goes against your Overlords game philosophy. The philosophy that is massively outdated now.

Last epochs crafting system is amazing, they're getting my money from now on.

GGG have the decency to address your customers. I think you sometimes forget thats what the players are. Do that poll...

Just because there are no viable competitors now doeant mean their won't be soon, you cant carry on abusing your customers indefinitely, it will come back to bite you when something good comes out.
Last edited by IcedInferno007 on Mar 15, 2021, 4:46:17 AM
Unless the next league has the most insane league mechanic of all time - its a skip
"
Karcaroth wrote:
"
davidnn5 wrote:

I spend most of my time trading, and contrary to popular belief, this nerf isn't just going to hurt the casuals. I'd like to see who the no-lifers think will buy their gear and boss kills when half the casuals are gone.

The problem is it won't really hurt the no-livers and it also would probably not hurt the newer players that have not much knowledge of the game. All people inbetween will be hurt more or less. Funny point is, that if less people play after this, this might hurt the streamer part of the no-livers, because this also would mean less people watching their content. But because GGG did do nerfes in the past and the playerbase did not significantly shrink - they might not see this as a risk, because if it does not shrink they profit because people will view their "cool" stuff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info