Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

We're still in a beta test you know... PoE is a eternal beta testing platform lol.
Last edited by Zaraky on Mar 15, 2021, 1:51:08 AM
Truly terrible, I frequently buy supporter packs and must say this season has been my favorite due to the availability of strong items for all sorts of builds I usually would never be able to afford. Extremely disappointing, I do not play with a single person who cares about 'slamming exalts' on gear. It astounds me that is the conclusion the development team drew.
Does anyone know if this has been retracted or if they have made a statement since the release of this?
All of you need to understand that nerfing harvest is way better than buffing all the bosses and monsters again, because then your insane double influence items are the base for entering endgame. If gear is more difficult to get the game gets more difficult as a result and that is the whole point, they want to make the game more difficult. There is no accomplishment in beating a boss if most players can do it. A player always pushes as far as the developers let them.

And lastly people have these strange ideas that they need to overgear for endgame content, most of it you can do on a tabula with mechanical skill. I know that because that is often what i have to do in ssf until i get my actual 6-link.

If you can buy op gear, which can clear everything in the game for cheap in trade, then that is bad. If gear is not a limiting factor, then what is the point of getting said gear. The gear hunt becomes a chore if perfect stats are an achievable endgoal, especially if it is locked behind an annoying mechanic like harvest.

;(
"
JinLee1337 wrote:
All of you need to understand that nerfing harvest is way better than buffing all the bosses and monsters again, because then your insane double influence items are the base for entering endgame. If gear is more difficult to get the game gets more difficult as a result and that is the whole point, they want to make the game more difficult. There is no accomplishment in beating a boss if most players can do it. A player always pushes as far as the developers let them.

And lastly people have these strange ideas that they need to overgear for endgame content, most of it you can do on a tabula with mechanical skill. I know that because that is often what i have to do in ssf until i get my actual 6-link.

If you can buy op gear, which can clear everything in the game for cheap in trade, then that is bad. If gear is not a limiting factor, then what is the point of getting said gear. The gear hunt becomes a chore if perfect stats are an achievable endgoal, especially if it is locked behind an annoying mechanic like harvest.

Yeah, kinda understand you, but for the f*** sake they added Maven orb? Its gonna be impossible sometimes to use it. And about this 6link stuff, yeah you can do all content WITH META BUILD, what if I want to play something off meta? Well, I am just fucked and MUST play meta. This make the end game very strictable for most build because you simply CAN'T achieve enough damage or life.
I started playing Ritual League, my first time playing PoE in several years, after some friends told me they "had finally fixed crafting" and that endgame items were both cheaper and easier to make than they had ever been. After a week in the league I liked the way the game had changed so much that I bought a ritual supporter pack and some tabs.

Hard disagree with everything in this development manifesto and really disappointed that crafting is backsliding to fossil spam and getting lucky on a harvest reforge.

"
RezzzTooth wrote:
GGG you see these supporter titles? Yeah, its staying that way, forever. Im done supporting your game.

As will mine hahahaha, sad thing i realized this disconnect many years ago and as a result will never buy a supporter pack ever, i love the game and will play it until a better alternative is out, but i refuse to support terrible choices
"
Does anyone know if this has been retracted or if they have made a statement since the release of this?

They didn't say anything new about it. It is not retracted.
"

They're not backing down guy as it should be.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Mar 15, 2021, 2:47:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info