Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

[/quote]
you are not entitled to kill the end game,it's not your birthright...
you can kill the end game bosses when you make the best boss killing build you can,if you can do it. [/quote]

and GGG is not entitled to our money or time.
It's a trade off.
Doing things that lessen the fun in the game for many will hurt them more than us as we can all easily find another game to play.
Game design decisions in 2021 have to primarily be made with viewers in mind, not players.

With harvest, streamers and content creators playing 8+ hours a day can easily achieve a position in a couple of weeks where they can craft a few "finished" items, and the path to the remaining items will seem mundane and rinse-and-repeat to the viewers. Compound this with the fact that for creators playing in a trade league, much of the "action" will be happening off screen in TFT, and the reality is that for streamers, content creators, and their viewers, the league is over in 2-3 weeks.

Some will say it's unfortunate that streamers, content creators, and viewers seem to have such an outsized voice in the game design feedback loop, but the reality is that this is a trend across all gaming (not just POE) and it has been happening now for quite some time.

Removing harvest ensures that viewers will be able to enjoy a full three months of that feeling of closing their eyes and listening to their favorite creator exalt an item, scared to find out whether or not the creator's item was ruined.
"
awoak wrote:
Game design decisions in 2021 have to primarily be made with viewers in mind, not players.

With harvest, streamers and content creators playing 8+ hours a day can easily achieve a position in a couple of weeks where they can craft a few "finished" items, and the path to the remaining items will seem mundane and rinse-and-repeat to the viewers. Compound this with the fact that for creators playing in a trade league, much of the "action" will be happening off screen in TFT, and the reality is that for streamers, content creators, and their viewers, the league is over in 2-3 weeks.

Some will say it's unfortunate that streamers, content creators, and viewers seem to have such an outsized voice in the game design feedback loop, but the reality is that this is a trend across all gaming (not just POE) and it has been happening now for quite some time.

Removing harvest ensures that viewers will be able to enjoy a full three months of that feeling of closing their eyes and listening to their favorite creator exalt an item, scared to find out whether or not the creator's item was ruined.

sarcasm?

"
awoak wrote:

I am not a viewer/spectator, I do not follow any PoE streamers anymore by a long time. I used to follow only ZiggyD and Neversink back a few years.

I am a PLAYER. And I want to have FUN playing, not be frustrated playing unique-only builds and dying for whatever the f--k hits me. I really hope you were being sarcastic, sir.
Last edited by Vensatra on Mar 14, 2021, 3:05:05 AM
"
macacodoido32 wrote:

sarcasm?

No, I genuinely think this is the force that is driving this decision. I'm not saying it's a good thing, however.
Remove the horticrafting station (the real culprit) and make harvest a tradeable instance that opens only ONE portal, could be some map-seed-icon (like you want oshabi to be). Also there shouldnt be any information on the map item that indicates what crafts you might get, purely random. Trade solved and interruptions solved, because you dont know what you are gonna get and you decide when you do it and know what you signed up for. In Exchange keep the power of the crafts.

OR

REMOVE THIS TRASH MECHANIC AND BE DONE WITH IT INSTEAD OF CAUSING HEADACHES

Thank you very much, I love your game.
"
awoak wrote:

This.
They should market the game as "Made for Streamers ONLY". Getting annoying every time to swallow their "nerfs" and "balance changes". [Removed by Support]
But as long those streamers can deliver millions in profit for GGG, this circle will never be broken. Unless someone gets Amazon to get rid of Twitch.
Last edited by Kane_GGG on Mar 14, 2021, 4:02:57 AM
Who will benefit frop these changes, dont you see GGG?

0.1%, big crafters and disgusting RMT'ers. This is you target audience for your game, really?

Open your eyes, GGG, open your eyes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdpA_xHXhEA&t=13s
3.13 Was the best league ever!
3.18 Rest in peace my beloved recombinators, I'm gonna miss you...
"
BlackPulsar wrote:

you are not entitled to kill the end game,it's not your birthright...
you can kill the end game bosses when you make the best boss killing build you can,if you can do it.

Just a tip to you, maybe you didn't grasp It, but NO, this is not an MMO, this is an ARPG, me and everyone else shouldn't be "wiping" in bosses like MMO's do in raids. If I would like to play an MMO mechanics It would be with a better graphics than a shitty isometric view.

So yeah, I'm not entitled to kill bosses by birthright, but I do for ours dedicated, knowledge building my character and hours of practicing the gameplay of such build, in this case, YES I FUCKING DO have the right to clean the endgame and not being ITEMWALLED or BUILDWALLED. Because again, this is AN ARPG not a RPGMMO, you get It?
I see, censorship from support. About content creators playing PoE for long periods of time? Well than, how about a nice long video about side-effects on streamers getting crazy with playing a video game "forever"? You like?
This constant "nerfing" part is essential for keeping those dudes sane. Because they can't quit by themselves if streaming PoE paying their bills.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info