Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

"
Miraille wrote:
"

No they can too but once more you're throwing tantrums and don't wanna learn. It's the same thing slightly harder sure but nothing will change and that's the best part.

Blowing this out of proportion when people can still make there items just as powerful.

That's right, keep buying those MTX from GGG and trying to make them feel good about themselves. Nobody in their right mind agrees with you and it's going to be hilarious when they either cave in and you quit because other folks can gear up now, or you have nobody left to play with.

But yeah, I already voted with my wallet. I opted to walk off and explore my venues.

Oh no you voted with your wallet what will they do :( how will they ever live with themselves.

-.-

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
"
Miraille wrote:
"

No they can too but once more you're throwing tantrums and don't wanna learn. It's the same thing slightly harder sure but nothing will change and that's the best part.

Blowing this out of proportion when people can still make there items just as powerful.

That's right, keep buying those MTX from GGG and trying to make them feel good about themselves. Nobody in their right mind agrees with you and it's going to be hilarious when they either cave in and you quit because other folks can gear up now, or you have nobody left to play with.

But yeah, I already voted with my wallet. I opted to walk off and explore my venues.

Oh no you voted with your wallet what will they do :( how will they ever live with themselves.

-.-

Actualy "vote with your wallet" does work... maybe not if 1-2 person does it but if many more does it will... i myself have decided never to spend any more money on path of exile or any game GGG ever makes. and good thing is there is better alternatives coming soon i can spend my money on.
"
Snipemaster wrote:

Actualy "vote with your wallet" does work... maybe not if 1-2 person does it but if many more does it will... i myself have decided never to spend any more money on path of exile or any game GGG ever makes. and good thing is there is better alternatives coming soon i can spend my money on.

Sure but what's it going to do in the long run? Nothing not a single dent will be made.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Harvest was the best addition to the game in years. It kept me playing this league longer than usually because crafting finally felt rewarding. I don't know to whom GGG wants to cater by nerfing it to the gound instead of making trading those crafts more accessible but I sure as hell won't spend a dime for the game anytime soon.
I was pretty satisfied at the beginning of this league with the content especially because it gave me a reliable way of improving my gear by farming specific parts of the content and without relying upon too many trades (which I leave to uniques only).

Harvest is (in my plan) the only way to perfect items for my build at the end of the league. That what I use it for. We are two/thirds of the league in and I used ONE harvest crafting to get a decent item that I would have had to otherwise buy from another player. I play 2-3 hours per day almost every day. Does one craft every 60 days of play seem too much to GGG?

Is a bunch of players abusing Harvest to create insane items? Yes. Like every league regardless of the content of the game. The only difference is that with Harvest you don't need 1000+Exalts to gamble and generate more Exalts, now everyone can create items of great value that they can use or sell using proper crafting and not gambling.

I can't talk for the whole community but I am sure that there are much more people like me that will just be negatively impacted by this decision which will have just the final effect of alienate players since GGG's "crafting" system sucks because it is just gambling. Harvest is the actual crafting method with Fossils crafting being something in between.

GGG, you had run your math and checked your data so I really hope you know what you are doing because the community seems quite outraged right now and it is from them that depends on your future (and your salaries).

Peace.
"
Boncko wrote:
Instead of removing the good crafts, You could make it cost valuable currency, depending on the type of craft. Also make those craft more rare.

For example:
Add specific mod = 15 Exalted orbs to use the craft.
Remove specific mod = 30 Annulment orbs to use
Remove non-specific, add specific = 5 Annulment and 5 Exalted orbs to use
Remove specific, add specific = 20 Annulment and 10 Exalted orbs to use

Also make those craft either more convenient to trade, without having to risk scamming, or opposite - not tradeable at all (I am sure it could be figured out somehow)

Another step is to remove harvest passives so players wont be forced to farm maps only in one region.

This could work much better imo than removing it from game - now a lot of players already crafted their gg items and those that did not yet because they were unlucky or/and SSF league will not be able to catch up ever.

Your proposition will expose half of this thread.Because they actually want their items for FREE
I think we have got the "Harvest" Experience because of Cyberpunk 2077 launch. Making with Harvest PoE actually a GOOD game. Now as Cyberpunk is gone, GGG can rollback Harvest and start all over again with nerfs and rage in community.

Competition is what we need constantly. To be safe from those "Devs" slamming exalts...
after a long break from poe, i was starting to like it again, since jan 2021 ggg have a greater population growth, but now with this announcement of nerfing harvest i can tell u 1 thing ur population will fall by 20% if u go this route.

quote from chris:

Overall, this is undoubtedly a heavy nerf to high-end Harvest Crafting, but we strongly believe that it is in Path of Exile's best interests going forward, and that there are still a lot of compelling Harvest crafts that make the grove worth running at any point in map progression.

who here runs like 100 harvest map n got even a .01% craft that they want b4 this nerf i say alot 65/100

after nerf 7/100

as a casual player myself 0/100

btw who the fuck is ur crafter cater dev. name ? so i can praise him/her with my love ><
I still cant understand how out of touch GGG is...
If you want to improve the game how about add an auction house for currencies... that would save alot of time and trouble for people pm'ing bots on trade site that 90% of times doesnt respond anyway... How about some anti-bot system? nope...
Instead you get Chris wilson trying to shove his egotistic outdated vision down everyones throat while catering to less then 1% rng slot machine streamers that play the game 24/7 as a job.
How can they get so disconnected to the 85% player base...

GGG start acting like blizz did back when they said "you dont have phones?"

Maybe they wanna push playerbase back to d2r?! I can not understand that move... without crafting for everyone the game doesnt feel right at all. With all the overtuned content its already hard to keep in touch as random player.

Rethink it @Chris, pls!
Last edited by tsukubaㅁ_ㅁ on Mar 13, 2021, 5:44:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info