Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

"
Graas Hoppa wrote:

5 is still too much... how much exalts do you think a casual can make with their time on hands with let's say 1-2 hours a day of playtime.

keep in mind > wife asking stuff, kids screaming in background, dog wants to be petted... so it's not actually 1-2 hours a day. more like 30 mins to 1 hour.

Maybe i dont have the full perspective on this, as I only play standard SSF, so this is what I see reasonable from my point of view.

I managed to farm around 10 Ex and 20 Annuls in the last two months without trading - just by farming in the game. So thats why I assume those anmounts as reasonable.

I can imagine that in league, it would be much harder to get something just during the short 3 months period. Dont really know how it goes with trading available though.

I used to play around 2 hours per day, but in the last two months it was much more, as the harvest got me hooked to the game. But I think that playing only 30 minutes to 1 hour a day... well, you should not expect getting the best items, at least not during 3 months league.
This game, especially leagues, are imo targeted at those who spend much more time in it.
I am fine with sticking to standard and slowly working towards my items with my limited play time, and so should anyone else like me.
"
Boncko wrote:

I managed to farm around 10 Ex and 20 Annuls in the last two months without trading - just by farming in the game. So thats why I assume those anmounts as reasonable.

you just made my point!

10ex and 20 annuls took you 2 months to get...

you literally need thousands of both to craft mirrortier items.

did you know it can take you 15.000 exalts and 2 years of gambling to get a perfect item?
that's without exaggeration smh

it's insulting to the players and carpel-tunnel inducing, that's what this is

the 0.1% are able to make 10+ exalts per hour.. but that's what you get when you have 12-18 hours to play each and every day and get payed to do so.
Last edited by Graas Hoppa on Mar 13, 2021, 4:05:17 AM
"
Graas Hoppa wrote:
"
Boncko wrote:

you just made my point!

10ex and 20 annuls took you 2 months to get...

you literally need thousands of both to craft mirrortier items.

did you know it can take you 15.000 exalts and 2 years of gambling to get a perfect item?
that's without exaggeration smh

it's insulting to the players and carpel-tunnel inducing, that's what this is

No it's insulting that most of you keep making tantrums when harvest wasn't even out and removed nobody even needed it people still played just fine.

Now that's taken away from you again you resort to tantrum tactics going I'M MA VOTE WITH MY WALLET like that will do something.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"

No it's insulting that most of you keep making tantrums when harvest wasn't even out and removed nobody even needed it people still played just fine.

Now that's taken away from you again you resort to tantrum tactics going I'M MA VOTE WITH MY WALLET like that will do something.

maybe most of us came back because harvest gave us something actually close to being called an actual crafting system?

everything else is just gambling...

so 99% of the playerbase is throwing tantrums?

right...

have you even read all the comments? or are you just enforcing your 1% opinion on others by saying we throw tantrums...

what do you think will happen when there's no one left around to buy your mirrortier items? right.. your fun will die as well when you don't get the currency you were hoping for.
Last edited by Graas Hoppa on Mar 13, 2021, 4:14:00 AM
"
Graas Hoppa wrote:
"

maybe most of us came back because harvest gave us something actually close to being called an actual crafting system?

right...

No you and the forums are 99% Reddit? A made up number? No you just randomly pulled it if anything GGG probably knows this isn't even a big deal hence why they haven't responded and why they won't even revert the decision like nothing ever happened.

But go on continue making tantrums threats even threatening streamers it just makes it funnier.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Mar 13, 2021, 4:14:16 AM
You want harvest? Fine, do take it. It is a horrible experience anyway. Not by what it achieved, but how it was implemented.
Crafting a really good piece of gear was at least a 30 step process, each step you had to try for, grind for, and still ended up having a high chance of being scammed. I will not go deeper into this as anyone who has interacted with the mechanic knows.

Can anyone honestly explain to me how is this too easy? Can anyone explain to me how is having powerful items prohibitively expensive is a good thing? If you want people to "slam exalts", why would you not welcome exalts getting such a buying power that people would actually use them?

How the f is crafting in this game the top 1% thing? How is it not a casual thing with min maxing reserved to the 1%, like - you know - in any enjoyable, well ballanced game?

Is your economy not player run? Will the rich and powerful not stay rich and powerful? Is it so bad to let the casuals at least smell the good items?

This disconnect has been explored deeply already. So imma pass on delving into it any deeper. Maybe i will just say. Jesus f-ing christ.

Imma be brief as im getting angry here. Harvest should receive one single change - the craft should be usable on currency to infuse it with it. Instead of augmenting an item with cold stuff, it should infuse an exalted orb with it. This would both get rid of the discord issue and make the crafts more expensive. It would also give you the power to decrease spawn rates to achieve balance like Billy the cool developer does.
Give us a stash tab for those. Make some money. Want to still be masochistic on the people that feed you? Make it a chance to infuse the currency with a chance of eating it.
THEN ballance the outcomes so crafting would be as expensive as you see fit. But for the love of god, let us craft.

You know what you can do with your maven orb? You can make it upgrade any affix without eating anything. 6 affixes on an item, 5 average tiers will still make you have to spend 30 of those suckers to get the item good. But at least you will let us have a goal. See an item and say "hey, i can do something with this".

We, the casual players, do not have a thing like that. Do you even understand that? Even wondered why something so beautiful as PoE is not THE game? Can it have something to do with that?

How does a development team that managed to stay for so long on the good side of history when it comes to unfair business practices enjoy so much such a loot boxy crafting system? I mean is that stuff not ok when you pay with money but ok when you pay with your ingame time?

I have been around five years ago, what was broken then is still broken today. The game received a lot of beautiful attention but barely where it would matter. I enjoyed getting back to PoE as it finally got something for me to do. Now it is going away and the only thing i wonder is whether warframe has a droppable umbra forma again.
Last edited by ErnestGaskin on Mar 13, 2021, 4:17:28 AM
So back to another example.

One take up running as a hobby, running 30mins or 1hour a day and he likes it. Then he found out there is an end game in running and that is Olympic gold medal where you emerge victorious. Then one day he wrote to International Olympic Council and ask them why Olympic gold medal is only for the selected few. It should be for everyone who likes to run for fun. Everyone should be able to get that elusive gold medal and not be reserved only for the selected few and definitely not for those who practiced and run 10 hours a day 7 days a week. Gold medal cannot be reserved just for the top few.

So the question is why anyone who plays POE need to finish all content? Why must everyone be able to reach end game whether you play 1 hour a day or 10 hours a day? It is a free game ...play it as a hobby..no difference as you jog or run as a hobby. No one is forcing you to play this if it is stressful and you dislike not reaching end game with limited time.

Just set a reasonable expectation if you want to play POE.
"
"
Graas Hoppa wrote:
"

right...

No you and the forums are 99% Reddit? A made up number? No you just randomly pulled it if anything GGG probably knows this isn't even a big deal hence why they haven't responded and why they won't even revert the decision like nothing ever happened.

But go on continue making tantrums threats even threatening streamers it just makes it funnier.

What makes it even more hilarious is [Removed by Support]. Go back to fawning over the idea that one day before you die IRL you may actually achieve one item that was worth getting, after the nerfs.
Last edited by Nicholas_GGG on Mar 13, 2021, 2:59:53 PM
"
Miraille wrote:

What makes it even more hilarious is [Removed by Support]. Go back to fawning over the idea that one day before you die IRL you may actually achieve one item that was worth getting, after the nerfs.

What nerfs? I can make the same exact items as I will slightly harder sure I can literally make the same OP items without a sweat because I know how to play the game and I know harvest is OP AF still but unfortunately you apparently can't do that and go harvest is dead.

See that's hilarious go on make tantrums it won't make you learn any better on how to make items even when harvest is still as powerful.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Nicholas_GGG on Mar 13, 2021, 3:03:08 PM
"
Kairuto2020 wrote:
So back to another example.

One take up running as a hobby, running 30mins or 1hour a day and he likes it. Then he found out there is an end game in running and that is Olympic gold medal where you emerge victorious. Then one day he wrote to International Olympic Council and ask them why Olympic gold medal is only for the selected few. It should be for everyone who likes to run for fun. Everyone should be able to get that elusive gold medal and not be reserved only for the selected few and definitely not for those who practiced and run 10 hours a day 7 days a week. Gold medal cannot be reserved just for the top few.

So the question is why anyone who plays POE need to finish all content? Why must everyone be able to reach end game whether you play 1 hour a day or 10 hours a day? It is a free game ...play it as a hobby..no difference as you jog or run as a hobby. No one is forcing you to play this if it is stressful and you dislike not reaching end game with limited time.

Just set a reasonable expectation if you want to play POE.

maybe because it's fun to actually being able to reach end-game?
maybe because people want to reach end-game and not forever be stuck on progress?

those gold medals you're talking about already exist.. they're called league and race rewards. (something i don't care about getting because i don't need that gold medal)

you're missing the point everyone is making on this forum thread.
Last edited by Graas Hoppa on Mar 13, 2021, 4:24:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info