Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

Instead of removing the good crafts, You could make it cost valuable currency, depending on the type of craft. Also make those craft more rare.

For example:
Add specific mod = 15 Exalted orbs to use the craft.
Remove specific mod = 30 Annulment orbs to use
Remove non-specific, add specific = 5 Annulment and 5 Exalted orbs to use
Remove specific, add specific = 20 Annulment and 10 Exalted orbs to use

Also make those craft either more convenient to trade, without having to risk scamming, or opposite - not tradeable at all (I am sure it could be figured out somehow)

Another step is to remove harvest passives so players wont be forced to farm maps only in one region.

This could work much better imo than removing it from game - now a lot of players already crafted their gg items and those that did not yet because they were unlucky or/and SSF league will not be able to catch up ever.
GGG disconnected from the players....
"
Boncko wrote:
Instead of removing the good crafts, You could make it cost valuable currency, depending on the type of craft. Also make those craft more rare.

For example:

Also make those craft either more convenient to trade, without having to risk scamming, or opposite - not tradeable at all (I am sure it could be figured out somehow)

Another step is to remove harvest passives so players wont be forced to farm maps only in one region.

This could work much better imo than removing it from game - now a lot of players already crafted their gg items and those that did not yet because they were unlucky or/and SSF league will not be able to catch up ever.

the numbers on your example are just as bad as the nerf, or deleting harvest completely.. i know it's just an example.

you must have seen how ggg thinks now, right?

because people are funneling crafts through discord... harvest got nerfed!
instead of doing something about the discord issue........they only made it worse!

with your numbers, it would still be the top 0.1% only making use of it.... and even worse, only the 0.1% would be able to afford those crafts.. which is exactly what people are also angry about!

remove - 1 annulment orb
add - 1 exalted orb
rem/add- 1 annul + 1 exalt

^this is already hard enough to get for 99% of the playerbase
Last edited by Graas Hoppa on Mar 13, 2021, 3:22:42 AM
This just makes me sad. After 4,000 hours of playing being able to craft gear I actually wanted using harvest, without grinding for 3 months straight was the most rewarding part of the gameplay so far.

I would like to see harvest as is, left in for solo self found.

If you really want to protect the 1% players and mirror tier items from harvest don't let harvest roll tier 1 mods problem solved. The casuals get to craft great gear and the mirror items stay mirror tier.

Why do you wear that stupid bunny suit? Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
"
Graas Hoppa wrote:
"
Boncko wrote:

For example:

the numbers on your example are just as bad as the nerf, or deleting harvest completely.. i know it's just an example.

instead of doing something about the discord issue................

with your numbers, it would still be the top 0.1% only making use of it...........

remove - 1 annulment orb
add - 1 exalted orb

Yea, it is a lot, but I see it as similar approach as for example spending 1500 fusings to link item insead of gambling them one-by-one.

It should definately cost more than one ex/annul (okay, I agree that 30 is too much, maybe 5 is more realistic - that would still allow you to craft the item much faster and more realiably than using the corresponding anmount of Ex/Ann.)
"
Enyrgis wrote:
don't let harvest roll tier 1 mods problem solved.

just as destructive as the nerf itself..

people want to make those mirrortier themselves instead of spending 250exalts on 1 rare...

farming currency to buy gear = pay 2 win

farming currency to craft own gear = ACTUAL FUN!
"
Boncko wrote:
"
Graas Hoppa wrote:
"
Boncko wrote:

For example:

instead of doing something about the discord issue................

with your numbers, it would still be the top 0.1% only making use of it...........

remove - 1 annulment orb
add - 1 exalted orb

Yea, it is a lot, but I see it as similar approach as for example spending 1500 fusings to link item insead of gambling them one-by-one.

It should definately cost more than one ex/annul (okay, I agree that 30 is too much, maybe 5 is more realistic - that would still allow you to craft the item much faster and more realiably than using the corresponding anmount of Ex/Ann.)

5 is still too much... how much exalts do you think a casual can make with their time on hands with let's say 1-2 hours a day of playtime.

keep in mind > wife asking stuff, kids screaming in background, dog wants to be petted... so it's not actually 1-2 hours a day. more like 30 mins to 1 hour.
Why tf would you bring back harvest , touting it to to be a core system , sell "CORE" supporter packs(which I was about to upgrade to) just to absolutely nerf later on into the ground?? The game barely has any qol features , has severe performance issues , inconvenient trading systems and despite all that player retention is at an all time high right now even this late into league? I remember seeing an interview where chris Wilson kept talking about how player retention was hard to maintain despite new league content being introduced regularly . Well , idk man .. maybe it has to do with something like player having actual fun instead of no-life grinding currency for a week just to gamble it on crafting items with no guarantee on any returns.

I started playing since delirium and the only league I spent most of my time playing (out of my 2k hours playtime) was in harvest and ritual league.
Just understand that player retention doesn't always have to be through grinding and gambling. Players tend to play more and stick around when they actually have fun , why take that way from them ? Harvest also improved build diversity , without which only a few meta builds will be played by everyone each league.

It deeply pains me to see these changes GGG . It's almost as if you are treating us as beta testers for POE 2 by making such horrible changes and using us as test subjects to play the game. Going to probably quit and take my business elsewhere, most of my friends already quit and moved to last epoch.Please redeem yourselves, don't be blinded by your boomer philosophy chris.
Last edited by frost_knightz on Mar 13, 2021, 3:44:18 AM
If you really wanted to improve crafting you would remove garbage mods from high level items. No one in there right mind ever exalt slams unless you are some streamer playing slot machine.. way to go catering to less then 1%... you guys sure do know your community
thank god the BEST ARPG of all time is getting Graphic upgrade, i would shit on the choices you made but the best thing to do, is with my wallet, you will NEVER see cash from me again EVER, want screw the little people?, hope the 1% will support you and your dreams, because i no longer will

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info