Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

Harvest was THE reason to come back to PoE in Standard. Causally leveling my chars towards Lvl. 98 as "SSF" as possible and fixing my old gear with Harvest. I will never play a league again because of nature of the game now (unlock Atlas, Delve, ect). With Harvest gone i have no reason whatsoever to come back or buy any new microtransactions.

Skipped the game totally after Delirium League but came back to fix my Bow in Standard with Harvest and stayed there until now, planning a long term Standard relationship with my many Chars there.
Welp, it's been a good time.
To be honest, I would skip a league to have harvest fixed and now butchered, like I would not mind playing ritual for 4 more months, just to have harvest properly integrated but I supposed it's easier and faster to just copy and paste the current harvest and just put a limitation to the item and craft types instead of integrating a success rate for the crafts depending on how perfect are they...
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
379 pages....

....lmao.....

im voting with my wallet, just bought a supporter pack that costs more than a new AAA game here in the uk. harvest nerfs are a little strong but on the whole i think correct and needed.

thumbs up.

I bought the Atlas pack, both league packs, and three divination cards prior to this announcement. I'll be voting with my wallet too, just didn't feel the need to brag about it in a thread until you did
Last edited by Karcaroth on Mar 13, 2021, 1:29:59 AM
"
Karcaroth wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
379 pages....

....lmao.....

im voting with my wallet, just bought a supporter pack that costs more than a new AAA game here in the uk. harvest nerfs are a little strong but on the whole i think correct and needed.

thumbs up.

I bought the Atlas pack, both league packs, and three divination cards prior to this announcement. I'll be voting with my wallet too, just didn't feel the need to brag about it in a thread until you did

I'll do something maybe since I got my free 1400$
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Truth is most modern game developers make they games INTENTIONALLY WORSE for they gains.

RNG, MAU and all shit we got now...
We've had this carebear argument before, in the thread against loot filters (lul), in the thread against loot allocation (lul). This league has had the strongest retention and diversity that's shown up in a long time, possibly ever.

The argument I'm making will demonstrate itself next league. The argument most of the whiteknights are making doesn't even bear itself out in the gear they have on, or even the gear on the index.

But I'm sure it's the Ritual league mechanic that has people actually playing Standard again, those carebears.

People playing your game for 2-4 weeks out of 3 months is not longevity. Permanent leagues being permanently dead as a result of your focus on 3 month content churn -- which you can barely keep up with yourself -- is not longevity. If you're afraid people playing multiple builds in a 3-month league is somehow going to cause them to run out of content and quit your game entirely, then you have surprisingly little faith in the game you've spent a decade making.
Last edited by Karcaroth on Mar 13, 2021, 2:38:30 AM
This solidifies my thought that GGG really dont understand how there players play the game... me and none of my friends ever use exalt on items and we just vaal items right before we done with the league... this shows GGG is stuck on a mentality that doesnt work anymore and going forward i dont want to play the game with such mentality from devs...

SO as a protest i will not be playing until poe 2 comes out and its the same i will be done with poe altogether... Thankfully there are some good alternatives coming soon.
What a mess. Already messaged support asking to refund the Harvest supporter pack which I bought a couple days ago.
Let's put it this way. I have a 98 and two 96 characters this awesome league and I would say that Harvest was pretty much a waste of my time this league. I allocated every Harvest upgrade on my new atlas and I was already never going to do that again in the future without this change. If I used Discord trading I would likely have a different opinion - but I refuse to do that on principle. So why do I care? I enjoy trade league and this will impact that greatly.

Back to the real issue that only a handful of players understand or care about. Having the crafts tradable (on Discord) is the problem. Heck, take out Harvest craft trading and problem solved and no rework is needed....I am certain GGG staff played WOW - just make the crafted pieces soul bound to the account.

Easy....come on man...I have read many of the comments in this post. GGG (Chris) needs to rethink this bad decision because it is only OP because of trading.
Last edited by MrWonderful99 on Mar 13, 2021, 2:06:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info