Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

Half of apes, who are happy about harvest nerfs have no fucking clue, what they are pulling them self in .
I've never played PoE this much. Spent another 10$ this league on stash tabs.
Whatever GGG is smoking thinking nerfing harvest 2.0 will make the game better, I want in.
Yay, triple nerf to Harvest to make it useless. The first "improvement" probably doesn't even counteract the first nerf, and the last improvement is more like QoL.

Also, almost 350 pages of replies within two days or so. You wanted player interaction? Sure, you can have it. But sympathy for GGG? That will burn to the ground.

Congratulations, GGG. You f*** it up.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
FrogMastr wrote:
They could just have made the Harvest Crafting "costing" the currency it represent instead of Gifting it.... and could have made the "craft" itemisable so you could sell it the treaditional way... and would also "sink" currency as they want us to spend our exalts. For average player exalt are a Huge currency value... and not a conssumable like for the Highend player.... but we all know that the High end player are the ones buying most of the Mtx points... so they are the real customers, the elite of the game... we average player are the pheasant who mine for ressources like chaos and exalt to sell them to those highend players!

But is is ok i understand GGG want to be the ONLY one deciding aboutr THIER game..... I am a supporter since closed beta But EACH and EVERY nerf is only making the average joe's game harder and less FUN. You game are to be FUN not a full time job!

But is is ok you can keep your game to yourself and to you ELITE base....
Atleast Diablo 4 is comming and we will be able to enjoy back our FUN diablo II angain soon...

GAMES are meant to be FUN not a Dayjob!
Thats cause you treat it like a day job. Yes you handful of players can enjoy your D2R lol. Poe still has tens of thousands of players u wont even be noticed.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
-Heist Enjoyer-
Last edited by xPiranha on Mar 12, 2021, 8:19:09 AM
No more supporter tags will be finding their way underneath my name anymore :)

Whoa, Ill not say anything new, but these harvest changes really suck, please reconsider it.
Be honest here Chris & GGG dev team, how many times have you actually played long enough to be able to close your eyes and slam exalts on your gear? You think your gambling crafting system is actually fun/rewarding enough to warrant 30 hours of mapping per exalt slam?

I'm not even going to mention harvest crafting here because enough people have already made the same point. I'm going to bring up the fundamentals; your approach to game design.

You have HC and SC. What I don't understand is, why don't you make your HC really stand apart from your SC mode? If you're so hell-bent on creating a 'difficult' game, focus your vision and channel that into developing hardcore. You're clearly not in the right mindset to make changes for softcore - seeing as the majority of your player-base is there.

Your lack of awareness and inflexibility holds you and the rest of GGG back. Does GGG as a business really benefit from the decisions you make? Does the majority of your player-base really enjoy the constant back-tracking after you realise something doesn't suit your vision?

Your crafting system is outdated and is not fit for purpose with the current state of the game. Currency scarcity makes it so. If I've farmed 20ex, you think I'm going to slam an exalt in hopes of T1 phys damage/T1 life? No, I don't enjoy reducing the value of my item by rolling T9 mana. I'll sell that incomplete item and buy a better version from a trader. Is that truly how you envisioned the game to be - buying an item with crafting currency? Ah wait, you probably play until T3 maps in SSF, if that. Let's face it, you're not a player, you're just in charge, tired and lost.

If you want to cater to the 1% that play SSFHC, how about you remove softcore completely? - you'll definitely face less backlash as your casual players will disappear and you won't have to backtrack on your decisions.

If you want to cater to the 1% of elite players in SC, why don't you stop going to work? Fair play if that's your vision, but don't bring your 'hardcore' game design ideologies to standard/league softcore for the majority.
Last edited by HowToGusta on Mar 12, 2021, 8:30:00 AM
"
Fluxkom wrote:

His approach is to farm the trade site for the first 3 weeks of the league, then be swimming in exalts. Then buy all the dreamgear he needs for his chosen build and trivialize all the content.

This (or a close variant) is how I strongly suspect most players pushing end game play Path of Exile. They are "Spikes". There are also a large number of "Timmys" At one point in time, Erik Olofsson of GGG referenced PoE appealing to all 3 types of players - including the "Johnies".

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Supporter_newsletter_19

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/timmy-johnny-and-spike-2013-12-03

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1764225/page/1

FWIW - these Harvest craft changes won't really impact my playing. In the current league - without the harvest crafts used, I would need to find another 15% lightning resistance to safely run maps with the elemental weakness mod. There are a few maybe useful jewels for another build that I've rolled - none of them worth more than a handful of chaos from what I can tell.

From what I can tell from this league and from Harvest league - by the time I can get to Harvest crafting, it is easier and cheaper just to farm some orbs and trade for exactly what I want. Far more efficient in gaming time to trade than craft.

I would have far more fun if I could find/craft all my gear myself, and somehow push to end game.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Mar 12, 2021, 8:29:01 AM
Rip. This is a horrible change.
"
Char1983 wrote:
Yay, triple nerf to Harvest to make it useless. The first "improvement" probably doesn't even counteract the first nerf, and the last improvement is more like QoL.

Also, almost 350 pages of replies within two days or so. You wanted player interaction? Sure, you can have it. But sympathy for GGG? That will burn to the ground.

Congratulations, GGG. You f*** it up.
Shits so serious we dropping Sirus lines now.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
-Heist Enjoyer-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info