Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

Adding on to a previous post of mine:

I believe the current 3.13 implementation of Harvest is pretty well balanced. Harvests can be rare to even find in a map, and when you do, it is quite rare to get a specific type that you want (Cold, Physical, Defence etc) and rarer yet to get an Augment or Remove. There is plenty of RNG involved there already.

The problem described in the manifest is really centered around discord trading.

So.... my simplest solution - add a SOULBOUND property to an item. Once you make any change to an item via the Horti, it becomes SOULBOUND and attached to your account only. You can use it across any character in your account, but becomes non-tradeable.

Problem solved with only a relatively small development cost (and actually I believe this is already implemented in a hidden way anyway with some existing items not able to be traded).

In this way the high-end players (who craft high-end items) and total economy are protected from these items. And average players who enjoy the mechanic can still improve their characters and content. And no more Discord trading of these.....

I noticed that too. Cowardly. Reminds me of how they postponed the league launch because of Cyberpunk; their spurious explanation didn't hide their weakness then, nor does it now.[/quote]

My fucking god. They did that because the event is up and winners should be seen.

Take of your tinfoil hats and keep watching the stars for your alien friends.[/quote]

I'll take off my tinfoil hat when you remove your blindfold.[/quote]

Yup. It is all a ploy to drive people away from playing a free to play video game so they make less money, less revenue and their contract with tencent is being voided resulting in 100+ employess losing their jobs.

Sounds more reasonable. You are right.

It simply decreases the amount of mirror tier items in the game, which is good.

"Slamming an exalt" is also a metaphor for crafting being supposed to be hard and having "dminishing returns".

Yet the majority of the [Removed by Support] with plenty not even having spend a single dime on a game they have enjoyed for multiple years fails to understand the concept of a metaphor.

Blizzard listened to an army of [Removed by Support] begging fopr items to rain from the sky and so the items did.

6 months later Diablo 3 was a dead wasteland and trade was non existent.

[Removed by Support]

I am glad that GGG thus far hasnt succumbed to listen to the cries of a minority.

[Removed by Support]

Harvest nerf doesnt destroy harvest crafting, it doesnt destroy the game. The game was fun and awesome and manageable, playable and affordable (in game currency) for everyone and anyone, casuals and mirrorfarmers alike, prior to harvest and it will continue to be just that.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Mar 12, 2021, 6:15:50 AM
Thank you GGG for finally coming back to sense. People got so spoiled from Harvest crafting that they started calling "bad" items that had a tier 2 modifier.
"
Fenoch wrote:

Yup. It is all a ploy to drive people away from playing a free to play video game so they make less money, less revenue and their contract with tencent is being voided resulting in 100+ employess losing their jobs.

Sounds more reasonable. You are right.

It simply decreases the amount of mirror tier items in the game, which is good.

"Slamming an exalt" is also a metaphor for crafting being supposed to be hard and having "dminishing returns".

Yet the majority of the whining children with plenty not even having spend a single dime on a game they have enjoyed for multiple years fails to understand the concept of a metaphor.

Blizzard listened to an army of whining, whinging idiotic children begging fopr items to rain from the sky and so the items did.

If you and your whining friends dont like this at all, feel free to play something else. This is JUST a game. This is not a meaningful, life altering choice yet you and the moronic army freak out like a bunch of braindead headless chicken.

I am glad that GGG thus far hasnt succumbed to listen to the cries of a minority.

This whole whining can be elevated with a maven orb to real life issues where society is being twisted and turned with a PC culture and minorities getting 100s of freebies.

Harvest nerf doesnt destroy harvest crafting, it doesnt destroy the game. The game was fun and awesome and manageable, playable and affordable (in game currency) for everyone and anyone, casuals and mirrorfarmers alike, prior to harvest and it will continue to be just that.

Morons freaking out over literally nothing is super fun to watch.

This seems less a discussion about casual vs 0.1%s (stupid terminology) and more between

Child/uneducated vs intelligent/mature.

Bring on the hate. Dont care.

You do a lot of talking for someone who doesn't care.
I never post on these update threads, but this bothers me enough to want to give another voice here.

I had high hopes that the popularity of Harvest league would help shape Path of Exile 2. Deterministic crafting is fun. Seeing this really douses my interest in 2, as I had really hoped they would make this type of crafting part of the base game. So much for that..

The problem from my perspective is not that Harvest is too powerful, it's that the original crafting methods in the game suck. Harvest is a step in the right direction. I don't want Harvest nerfed, I want it weaved into the base game.

Kill Harvest as a League Mechanic, and introduce it as part of the base game. You've introduced a better, more fun version of the game for the large majority of your playerbase, and you're removing it because it's challenging your "original vision" of the game. You came up with a better version of that vision, go with it, replace the shitty original! Times change. Path of Exile as it was in Beta no longer exists, you've made a more fun game. Why go backwards?

Path of Exile needs some competition to get their head straight, it's really unfortunate that there is nothing knocking on their door pulling away customers, forcing them to really work hard to make something great. They can make mediocre content for years to come and probably will still be the most in-depth interesting ARPG there is. I hope some other games help give some competition to that.
"
Venduka wrote:
Adding on to a previous post of mine:

I believe the current 3.13 implementation of Harvest is pretty well balanced. Harvests can be rare to even find in a map, and when you do, it is quite rare to get a specific type that you want (Cold, Physical, Defence etc) and rarer yet to get an Augment or Remove. There is plenty of RNG involved there already.

The problem described in the manifest is really centered around discord trading.

So.... my simplest solution - add a SOULBOUND property to an item. Once you make any change to an item via the Horti, it becomes SOULBOUND and attached to your account only. You can use it across any character in your account, but becomes non-tradeable.

Problem solved with only a relatively small development cost (and actually I believe this is already implemented in a hidden way anyway with some existing items not able to be traded).

In this way the high-end players (who craft high-end items) and total economy are protected from these items. And average players who enjoy the mechanic can still improve their characters and content. And no more Discord trading of these.....

I think GGG try to find the problem, when it is not there. What is the problem, when people are trying to sell crafts on discord? Those, who buy crafts need currency, a lot of currency, so they still need to play. Remove Harvest and there will be no reason to both sides to play. No Harvest - no reason to play more than above. Of course, you can still try to get currency, but for what purpose? Try to find unique item, which will not exists outside of the current league? That will not increase players nor will force them to play game longer.

Soulrend will help to fix this problem, but will create other one, as there will be reason to Harvest, but Harvested items will never reach other players, so Harvest will not differ from the SSF. And also, soulrend will need somehow work with mirror or mirror some good items will not be possible at all. So it is solution without solution, but still better than current changes, agree.
"
Fenoch wrote:

Blizzard listened to an army of whining, whinging idiotic children begging fopr items to rain from the sky and so the items did.

Bring on the hate. Dont care.

I was D3 player, and now play PoE. D3 died because of the lack of new content and it was same old stuff season in season out. PoE has new skills, new stuff coming to us everly league.

I would like to see what would happen if GGG went 4 leagues without adding anything in, just tinkering with same stuff...
"

Problem is, that cries are not from minority, but majority of users. The solution should be either remove Harvest for other rebalance or don't touch Harvest to the useless level, like most of the other content.
Only why i still playing after 2month is the harvest. Why are u doing game around 1% of crying shits?
"
Oblachko_O wrote:
"

Problem is, that cries are not from minority, but majority of users. The solution should be either remove Harvest for other rebalance or don't touch Harvest to the useless level, like most of the other content.

It's literally still the best crafting still but you refuse to learn or understand of how and why apparently.

GGG even knows that; It's why they aren't responding because apparently majority such as yourself haven't a clue on how to STILL use harvest.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info