Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

When harvest was re-added in 3.13 I was so happy. I only started playing at the end of harvest, so I didn't really managed to try the harvest crafting on my own. Now I could, and it was so fun. I m still a beginner and bad at crafting, but with harvest, I was able to finally craft some nice items. Not mirror tier cus I m still not that good at crafting, but usable for me. Now u guys are removing the fun part from it. GGG, stop this, if ppl are having fun don't kill that fun. You ve done it with aurastacker, you ve done it with golemancer. Don't you think we should still be able to have some fun in the game?
Huge disappointment GGG. Couldn't find a creative way to solve the issue, without gutting harvest more than it has been. Sigh... this is why I will no longer purchase anything for this game. I was already disappointed with the nerfs with Ascendancies, prior to league launch, and some half assed reasons to justify them. Harvest is no different.

GGG its game ~~ "Watch beauty crumble" -- Sirus
"
GusTheGamer wrote:
They remove this bad news from the main page news and push a bunch of microtransaction posts. WTF Seriously

Maybe they are trying to remove the focus from the discussion, while they reconsider.
Here's hoping.

If you think people are whining, you're not really reading, are you?

They had a whole league to test it, it went core after some changes, players are happy with it. There's no logical reason to nerf it like this. [/quote]

I have been reading. It's just people whining because they want easy to make top tier gear. With harvest in the game gear starts to lose any meaning because it's so easy to make items that in normal leagues would be mirror tier. Really they just made this worse for themselves by making it go core at all instead of just letting it die.[/quote]

do you have 12-18 hours per day to play like the streamers?

i sure as hell don't!

i'm an upcoming father, have a gf and future kid to take care of + a full time job.

i have 2 hours a day max.. if any time at all to play some games.

harvest was the only thing that we as a community can actually call crafting!
everything else is just 1 big gamble with a 1/10000 ratio.

harvest also tied all the bad (crafting)gambling systems together instead of making them obsolete![/quote]

Holy f+++ man then go be a father and a husband instead of crying over nerfs in a video game. Go work. Live life.

Geezus. Instead you sit here and cry about not trashing endgame during a league as a casual.

You dont need 12 hours a day to play endgame.
"
Kairuto2020 wrote:
Let's let them implement what is intended first and we will see if it really hurt the whole game play. What if few weeks into next league, you see many top tier gear easily and everyone will be forgeting this whole episode. If it turn out really bad, GGG can always re-tweak again the following league. It is a free game after all and we already know GGG is using all of this year to fine tune the mechanic for POE2. Lets give them a chance for it to prove their tweak. One can always skip the league if it is that bad. Don't murder them on just 1 adjustment when they have already provided 8 years of countless new league mechanic and gaming enjoyment.

A lot of people are reacting because, if you look at a lot of unhappy players here, the manifesto feels bad for multiple reason. I'll only note two :
- It is surprisingly out of touch (slamming is fun and the way to craft ??)
- It wants to kill determinism and go back to gamble. I hate gamble, many people hate gamble. With harvest, we had a way to make progress while crafting that suits our liking and style of play. With the change, we'll revert back to the old gamble system that feels so bad for a lot of people (In my case, I'll just revert to buying things). But now, I'll have the bitter taste that it WAS fun. I would prefer it was just not implemented and stay in my blissful ignorance.

I still love the game, still love the gameplay, and I will still be around. But reminding me that the trade and the crafting system is bad AND mandatory is not fun at all, especially now that we know that it can be better...
This is a shitty and dumb and tone-deaf manifesto, for sure!

I have played EVERY league since joining in 2012

I will probably skip the next one and move on if you guys dont reconsider, though you probably dont care.

In 2012 The future of PoE was all roses for me, but now nearly 10 years later it feels like every decision you guys make in fact makes the game worse, laggier, or just more boring

I have 10-12 hours per day to spend on gaming, and when I dont feel that I can do anything worthwhile in PoE in those 12 hours, then imagine how more casual players must feel
"
Marleyman65 wrote:
Hey GGG,
these streamers speak for me aginst your Harvers balance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7dczHG4M44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCnhymJQlio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdpA_xHXhEA

I use Ex to buy stuff, never used one for crafting in 1500hrs of play and I still have crappy gear.

Thanks to have give us and to GGG this great videos.
"
Kairuto2020 wrote:
Let's let them implement what is intended first and we will see if it really hurt the whole game play. What if few weeks into next league, you see many top tier gear easily and everyone will be forgeting this whole episode. If it turn out really bad, GGG can always re-tweak again the following league. It is a free game after all and we already know GGG is using all of this year to fine tune the mechanic for POE2. Lets give them a chance for it to prove their tweak. One can always skip the league if it is that bad. Don't murder them on just 1 adjustment when they have already provided 8 years of countless new league mechanic and gaming enjoyment.

It will not happen as you describe. When they said that harvest will not core yet, it was semi-ok. People understood, that Harvest as a mechanic need deep rebalance. When they implemented Harvest in the current state, it was really pleasure, even if you see how balanced it is and how RNG it is still (except discord TFT). The problem is in the tweaks themself. So either remove Harvest again (it will be boo, but more safe boo from players) or tweak it on level, that it is RNG, but still reasonable RNG. After this changes, Harvest will turn probably in Unique, Card, Currency gamble and nothing more. What is efficiency of Harvest, if it cannot be used on influenced item (forget about huge amount of builds, which get DPS or defense with help of the Harvest), cannot be augmented (it is more for min-max, but still good for different builds). In next league, then most builds will be like ED, Minions, Cyclone, Toxic Rain, miners and poison with these changes. Forget about explody chest, fair life builds (counting that they increased HP and damage of bosses in this league), AW9 will be something, that only rich guys will ever reach. There are plenty of things, that will be done only by small amount of players and only during like 2-3 weeks in the league. So GGG need to think before implementing this Harvest nerf or they will lose much more people then they can expect.
"
This sentiment was summed up by a member of our design team who recently said "We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

So what does this guy design? Not mods and weight, right? And how many exalt did he slam?
Problem is not that the game is too hard so ppl would need harvest to enjoy endgame content.

Problem is that many many possible builds are brutally useless compared to the top 5 builds.

Taking away (or nerfing hard) harvest is ok if u empower multiple weak skills so we are not forced to play the same fkn lame shit skill over and over again.

Or at least delete the forgotten skills completely so poe wont go on pretending to have hundrets of options for skills...
Last edited by YouTwoKaY on Mar 12, 2021, 4:57:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info