Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

Why do this. I haven't played in a few leagues, I didn't play harvest, but this harvest crafting made the game fun. I have gotten farther in this league than any one I have played before and wanted to continue playing to get even farther. The old "crafting" system was crap, and not enjoyable at all. It looks like 3.14 is a league I can skip and then hopefully you will come back to your senses in 3.15.
Chris please, this all makes no sense.

If you are scared about a very little number of powerful influence mods that can be deterministic you can add others to the pool, but not remove the complete possibility of rerolling a tier of a life or res roll, target removing bad rolls for your class, turning every craft in "5/6 chance it goes to vendor".

I've played for a long time and only with Ritual I could even attempt to "craft" half a decent item, I never in my playtime had enough currency to attempt a half decent item.

Harvest brought the community together, trade was alive again with people selling their crafts, sharing guides and suggestions, vouching and trying to make a name.

For what I remember of the earlier days of the game, the "GG" items were in the hands of so few people that you could count the thread on the forums for "mirror services" and that was it, they were just printing money and everyone else was playing around with random rares picked off the ground, minimally crafted items or uniques.

We're never going back there, just get over it. It's not what's best for the game.

It really seems you WANT to favor those people who had the market in their hands, I want to think you're not involved in any shady stuff.

Again, limiting some very powerful and deterministic crafts is "reasonable", killing off the only way to play certain builds or progress at all with gear is dumb.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1019674 SCIENCE shop
Maybe make influence mods drop only, not craftable/removable and voilà- no Harvest change needed. Problem is not (Harvest) crafting, problem is influence mods (especially after 3.9 release).
"
Nicksiren wrote:
Why is there still no comment by GGG on how these Harvest nerfs affects the average player with a normal lifestyle? (i.e., not streamers or "no-lifers"). The nerfs seem to target the average player making middle-tier items moreso than the top 2-5% making mirror-tier items (i.e., they nerf the floor disproportionately to nerfing the ceiling).

More than anything, I just don't understand the lack of communication about this aspect. If you want to target the average player, that's fine, but please at least be direct about it so we understand things and aren't spinning the manifesto as "GGG is out of touch". The manifesto did not discuss anything about the differences of affecting the average player versus those who already have the time/resources to craft/attain high-end items.

Cause they think game was better in Onslaught League
I got my popcorn ready
There goes any incentive for me to play future leagues. Deterministic crafting and the ability to NOT brick my item are what I value most.
"
bauermayers wrote:
This is getting so much backlash I think they might actually listen and change their mind this time.

I honestly doubt it. This is so out of touch and completely disconeected.
I didnt knew GGG was disconected to the game like this.
Harvest need rebalance? yes... they need to add MANA modifiers(so archmages are not cuted from carfet crafting, and other mana builds) and remove stun and block recovery, and bring back eternal orb. I would be ashamed on your place GGG, do you even play ur own game? U gonna tranfrom to blizzard with fails they make every time they fail so hard, internt is full of MEMES.
I guess this is our future:

Harvest be nerfed.
Next league GGG notices: wth, where did 30-50% of players go?
And probably, if they have common sence, after next league harvest will be back again.

Cause, Heist was total disaster, and that's what will happen to next league too.

Every game stands exclusively on majority of casual players.

Look at all these comments. Now that they got a taste of some OP crafting nonsense, they cant go back living without it, instead they are shaming the developers. People enjoyed playing the game before without Harvest, and people will enjoy it afterwards. You guys complaining are out of your mind, like babies whose toy was taken away and cant get over it. Even worse with threatening saying "im gonna quit", "im not gonna buy packs anymore", cry, cry, cry.
Yea, this is the XXI. century, the age of spoiled grown children.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info