Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

I'm disappointed and my day is ruined
Last edited by bemaxim on Mar 11, 2021, 6:43:39 PM
so maven fight will be dead too, because mavens orb becomes as useless as an orb of binding now?
The chance of encountering a portal to the Sacred Grove in a map has been increased by 60%.

Couldnt you just have fucking said the stat. Increased by 60 blablablabla

The chance of encountering a portal to the Sacred Grove in a map is now 7% instead of 5%. Was that hard? 60% aint shit.

Thanks for fucking with a good system while leaving the rest of your game to rott. Cant wait for 40% of the playerbase to play Cyclone and Blade Vortex in 3.14. Better nerf Molten strike again though fuckos, or it might reach above 20 00 Dps.

GGG knows just how to turn the knife to make everything hurt just a bit more.
I read this as “our crafting systems suck but harvest was actually useful. So to make everything balanced let’s just make harvest suck”
"
Kemdo_ wrote:
While I only have over 800 hours in this game it is mostly because of the crafting system. I don't have time to invest crazy hours into path of exile as most I have real life commitments that have to take priority, but when I tell you that usually per league I'll level one character and use that to the end whereas this league with harvest crafting I have tried a total of 5 different builds with 3 characters really tells you something.

Items have been attainable and I've been able to get things rolling far faster than I normally would, I actually learnt how to craft good bases, how to use essences well, how to fossil craft etc all because harvest let me get rid of rolls I would not have wanted and let me play the game with that little bit of freedom making this league my most played one yet.

But with this "manifesto" I honestly am just going back to square one. You guys are literally shooting yourself in the foot as you are beyond detached from reality. "Hey our numbers are up so much that even our servers can't keep up" to me doesn't signal lets make the game worse but rather "hey we did something that has made player retention high and increased volume of players". Don't cripple yourself and stop trying to fix things that aren't broken. Fix the performance and general loot vomit of the game before you address anything else.

This is very true sadly
"
Fenoch wrote:
"
N4rk0tyk wrote:
"
Fenoch wrote:

So you joined the game 8 years ago, havent spent a single dime except maybe for a stashtab. Yet you opt in to complain after playing a free game for 8 years not spending a single cent.

Just wow.

And how is his opinion any worse than opinion of someone who spent money? He has a right to be equally concerned as anyone else. There are civilized countries where average monthly salary is less than 600$, you think that it is somehow easy to come up with 60$ for online game?

I am 100% against this change to harvest, I think it is ggg bending their knees to TFT discord as someone said on Reddit. Instead of fixing an issue with craft trading they are trying to make harvest complete junk.

Now, please feel free to invalidate my opinion based on amount of money I’ve spend on supporting this game, but I will give you fair warning, it’s over 3000$ and there is plenty more in my wallet to be spent but I think that if this nerf will be going live as is they will not see a dime from me at least.

How you ask ?

Simple:

Imagine you give me a free tangerine or 2. I eat it. Then tell you it wasnt as tasty as I had hoped and I would like you to now give me 10 Euros for my effort.

Hint: It is a metaphor.

Oh lol, that is very narrow of you. I need you to Google Path of Exile, and perhaps hit the home page as well and see what it says in top right corner.

Hint: Free

This means that no amount of money is required to play the game and no amount of money have to be spent for any required to function part of the game. Now, since we have established that fact, we can move on to your pathetic insinuation that in FREE online game that is FREE TO PLAY, donating the money is required to have valid opinion. Donating the money may or may not give you sort of preferred treatment when any official actions are required from the support staff, but you can be equally concern about the game and its mechanics regardless of being able to support or not. Since the game is labeled as free/free to play everyone who has a valid game account can post his/her concerns, thoughts and proposals on equal bases, and their voice have equal meaning. People who dont spend any money supporting this game are equally important part of the games population as people who spend 100’s or 1000’s of dollars, because they actively participate in game social activities such as trading, crafting, boss services etc, whether being providers or buyers of such. Their opinion is equally important as anyone else because without them active game population will be cut by very large percentage. I wanna see how many Eastern Europe players, African players, Middle East players and any other country where average standard of living is lower than in US/Western EU actually have spent more than 30$ on supporting this game, yet if they would all leave (because apparently their voice is not important according to your very narrow statement) this game would be half dead.

Sorry but what you are implying is simply rude, narrow and stupid by any civilized country standards. Homeless people should have no opinion on housing and property taxes either huh? People who don’t own cars should not be concerned with gas prices either even though it influences price of everything?
Persistence makes impossible possible, possible likely and likely definite. Yep, Mirror will drop eventually -_-
"
"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

I know what my character name is next league. Wait and see how many variations to this inane quote for names next league.
Why is there still no comment by GGG on how these Harvest nerfs affects the average player with a normal lifestyle? (i.e., not streamers or "no-lifers"). The nerfs seem to target the average player making middle-tier items moreso than the top 2-5% making mirror-tier items (i.e., they nerf the floor disproportionately to nerfing the ceiling).

More than anything, I just don't understand the lack of communication about this aspect. If you want to target the average player, that's fine, but please at least be direct about it so we understand things and aren't spinning the manifesto as "GGG is out of touch". The manifesto did not discuss anything about the differences of affecting the average player versus those who already have the time/resources to craft/attain high-end items.
Last edited by Nicksiren on Mar 11, 2021, 6:54:58 PM
"
N4rk0tyk wrote:

People who dont spend any money supporting this game are equally important part of the games population as people who spend 100’s or 1000’s of dollars, because they actively participate in game social activities such as trading, crafting, boss services etc, whether being providers or buyers of such. Their opinion is equally important as anyone else because without them active game population will be cut by very large percentage.

Bravo @N4rk0tyk, well done.
As you say -- donating money is not a necessary condition to have a voice and a valid opinion.

Last edited by Sinaranu on Mar 11, 2021, 7:32:29 PM
This is getting so much backlash I think they might actually listen and change their mind this time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info