Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

This suck balls, i didn't like to craft items and kept on just buying them til harvest came, it was boring at short term, just trading and getting things (i like the most, in games, get the items by myself).

With harvest i fell in love again with the game, i took a taste of the crafting system for the first time, a system player friendly that got me interested for the whole league. Even when i had my things done, it was fun to craft other things for the lols.

I don't play poe since a year cause my pc died and bought a cheap one for work, i was just building a fine computer to get back, but this is a knife in the hype of that.

Don't fuck harvest, please.
I just want to say that I have been play POE for years and I never crafted before Harvest. Harvest itself made all of the other crafting methods more approachable for me because it allowed me to fix mistakes or at least make them less painful. Because of Harvest I have dipped into Essence, Beast, and Fossil crafting as ways of setting up what will eventually become my endgame item. I can easily say that the leagues with Harvest have kept my attention far longer than others as I always feel like I can progress without a massive grinding deadzone and I can honestly say that these nerfs to Harvest will decrease the amount of time I play POE each league.
"
noheal wrote:
this is a really crazy change...

I hope they take this feedback, and focus on fixing the game performance rather tham nerfting the few features players like.

So you joined the game 8 years ago, havent spent a single dime except maybe for a stashtab. Yet you opt in to complain after playing a free game for 8 years not spending a single cent.

Just wow.
Why not just account bind harvest crafts and increase the storage slots... problem solved. It takes it out of the trade pool and still allows played to work towards that uber item and it does not effect other players. SSF and people that dont like to trade unless they have too. The need some deterministic options.
"
Fenoch wrote:
Havent spent a dime but they promise they will if you give them their favorite toy.

Sure that is why most people in this thread has multiple badges for supporter packs.... just fcking look at the posts for god's sake.
"
Fenoch wrote:
Hey GGG please make the game more accessible for casual players. i mean like 10 hrs/month so they then can flock and complain when you change something. Havent spent a dime but they promise they will if you give them their favorite toy.

Whilst you are at it, just make it so everyone can finish their items so they can use them forever. But like at the most after 2 days of time invested!

Geezus. I think a vast majority should be playing regular RPGs like Zelda or Final Fantasy. A-RPG clearly arent meant for you.

Well, sorry good chap! I work full time, have a wife, family, other hobbies, and still want to give endgame bosses a go! I might not play 40h/week like you, so of course a miserable pleb like myself doesn't deserve a chance to have fun!

- Sarcasm, of course.

Oh, and I have spent more than a couple bucks without any other incentive other than liking the game. I would do so again if I keep liking the game, but changes like this make it hard to do so. Again, so sorry for inconveniencing you, hardcore lord of truth, with my casual pleb suggestions :)
"
htrd wrote:
if gambling is this company solution to crafting. it's not seeing a single cent from me. 5000+hours ingame and too read such disconnect its just sad.

Exactly my thoughts.
"
namespace wrote:
Breaking my many, many year forum silence to point out that this kinda sucks. All this is doing is, one again, catering to the absolute top 0.01%, streamers and 15 hour a day players, complaining that the plebs may perhaps get a chance to get some ok items; Not mirror-tier (come on lol) but like, influence and some good rolls.

It's weird how progress like shards are good, but progress like tinkering on an item without bricking it is bad? I guess thanks for saving me the MTX costs by posting this early, I and friends were getting back into the game because filthy casuals such as ourselves with only 1-3 thousand hours were actually able to build some neat stuff without being 100% glued to the meta and just trading all day.

And as others said, "This sentiment was summed up by a member of our design team who recently said "We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not." - This is AWFUL this is "Don't you have phones" no one does this I have been playing since alpha and I've exa slammed like... A jewel once with three good mods because I just didn't care about mod4 because of an odd build.

Same goes for you. Many many many years of enjoying a free game. Yet you feel the need to jump on the complaint bandwagon. Cool-. You should know better and know that this not even half as bad as the crying babies make it look to be.
I 100% agree that something needs to change with Harvest core as it is.

This is not the change we needed AT ALL.
So, basically, its 'people are able to craft what they want with Harvest and we can't have players having stuff they actually like and want, so we're gonna nerf the sh!t out of it!'

Did I miss anything?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info