Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

Well, this is dissapointing. Can't really understand push towards gambling, but it is GGGs game to screw up. Cheers.
PS: Any deals on Last Epoch?
"
velniuks wrote:
Well, this is dissapointing. Can't really understand push towards gambling, but it is GGGs game to screw up. Cheers.
PS: Any deals on Last Epoch?

Maybe POE 2 Late...
How long until devs decide the character login screen is too deterministic? “Close your eyes and slam login. YOLO.”

Give me a break.
hey "GGG" you are going to lose a lot of players if you do that... pls hear PathOfMatth in this video and you will see the mistake you are about to commit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdpA_xHXhEA&t=567s&ab_channel=PathofMatth, dont blow up harvest pls
Man, as a really casual player, this league was pretty amazing to push my carachter a bit further. I mean, nowhere near the potencial it could achieve or anything perfect, but it allowed me to do some stuff on my own, to have fun crafting and all. Still, i had to figure stuff out, what to craft, and even like it is right now, there's some stuff that's not deterministic at all.
This nerf is a huge mood killer, and i could understand the changes with some right reasons, but what's said is... out of touch. I mean, this kills crafting for non full time players, like, before harvest i've only exalted an item thru the syndicate crafting bench.
*disappointed noises*
Ok, I will leave.
These guys dont fucking understand how borked their "random" crafting are. Do they not know most experience players actualy remove ALL RARES from their item filters after early game because they're not worth checking any of the mods. I used to always id stuff before this league (old player, just returned the end of heist), but i finally gave up. I only got 1 item that is actually decent, and i check the website, its not even worth an exalt. No wonder everybody dislikes your random crafting. It is because your mod pool is bloated. And you want us to randomly spend EXALT for a hope? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MINDS?!? Do you even play your own game? We're not going to waste an exalt for 1 in 100 chance. We'll slam it when we know what we're getting. Harvest was great, only thing it needed was to spend the actual currency that it was imitating(we still need a currency sink, what better way to remove currency from the game by giving players enticing way to spend it). I have only slammed exalt twice in my life, you know why? because i know the math and i know its not worth it. And guess what, on both times it wasnt worth it.

Crafting was the endgame for me. Craft something with 5-6 T1s that i'll forever use in my builds. I did a couple thousands of maps, still havent finished crafting the gear i need for one build. In fact, i havent even finished one of my items. Its that fucking rare. If you dont want players pooling their combined harvest inventory, make harvestcrafted items untradable for a day. That solves it. SSF Harvest literally made the game for me. Now, i know im gonna quit after this league ends. Aurastacker nerf killed all the hype i've had after returning, this harvest nerf put it into the grave. Every time i find something enjoyable, you GGG devs ruin it.

Here's something you should've known. DONT PISS OFF YOUR CUSTOMERS.

Signing off.
Is simple: just play an overpowered cheap build (they are always there) in 3.14, clear all content in two weeks and leave for two and half months instead of trying a dumb build who only could exist with Harvest.

Fun builds are not the target of the game.
I honestly hope 300+ pages of outcry and complains paint a very clear picture of what the problem is with the game.

GGG staff:

The "vision" and "philosophy" of the game is utterly broken. We don't want gambling when the chances to get what we are looking for are so overwhelmingly bad.

Deterministic crafts gated by in-game mechanics and currency are the way to go. Make very good outcomes rare, but possible. Make better than average outcomes reachable for most people. ENABLE PEOPLE TO PLAY THE GAME HOWEVER THEY WANT, NOT JUST HOW YOU WANT IT, because let's be honest, that "super hardcore" philosophy doesn't cater to a large majority of the player base who can't spend 40h+ a week on the game.

The game has so *MUCH* content it can be overwhelming. Gate the content, gate the crafts in a way people can do whatever they want and can try to tackle all the content (because, let's own that, you've put a ton of effort into the content) in many different ways and approaches.

This game is all about variety, gear, creativity, potential, DON'T RUIN THAT JUST TO FOLLOW A VISION THAT SHOULD BE NO MORE.
Last edited by helldunkel on Mar 11, 2021, 5:52:15 PM
The only other Manifesto to generate this much feedback was the Energy Shield nerf a few years ago.

The difference was that it was the 1% getting nerfed, not the 99%.

This change punishes the average player.

In 3.14, if you want to be able to farm Red Maps efficiently you will have to choose from the couple of OP builds and nothing else.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info