Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

Solving the harvest problem is very simple, the options that leave this mechanics broken, and remove them, and remove / add them, apart from that, you will have problems with rng again, and you will have to bet by playing anull on the items.

But even so, it is much better than the old system.

Too bad Diablo 4 does not come out this year, for ggg loses a good part of the players, ggg is accommodated.
Thank you GGG for confirming you're balancing the game against NEETs.
Back to spending 2 weeks per league. You guys are notorious at bricking this game. I've never lasted this long in a league along with my friends but now you guys have really done. Harvest was the best thing you guys have ever done in this game which catered to more new players than old. I've always stayed positive and encouraged all my friends to support this game through purchasing supporter packs and MTX. Wtf do we as a community ever get in return. Your goal of this game should change to what the community wants instead of what you envision. Chris, you can have your game because no ones interested in a selfish person's interest. Dam this is just sad.
This is a bad move, this will alienate the majority of your playerbase.

Be smart, step back from this idea of change and take time to proceed carefully.

Harvest allows so many more players to enjoy your game and your ideas for change will destroy that completely. I get that you guys don't have time to play your game much but, you misplaced your trust into your streamer friends and whoever else is telling you Harvest is too strong.

Allowing 1% to get better items is worth when 99% of your playerbase enjoys the game 100% more. They spend more time playing and having fun, new builds, means they will invest more real money into your game.

If it wasn't for harvest during ritual I wouldn't have still been playing and decided to spend $500 on your Atlas Core supporter pack. I was happy with the direction the game was heading so i spent the money, now with this manifesto I am starting to regret buying the pack.

Please, listen to your playerbase. Keep harvest and if you MUST make changes then just swap the harvest passives to a deep uncharted realms tree and/or reduce crafts per seed.

Destroying the usability of harvest as described in this out of touch manifesto will have repercussions. If this negative response tells you anything it should be that, now is not the time to nerf harvest until the rest of the game is playable enough to facilitate removing it.

Removing harvest gives the players back your shitty idea of trade and crafting, which is why you are receiving so much backlash. If you want to remove harvest you need to fix the rest of the game first.

EDIT: Since you guys are Diablo 2 fans, why do you think Runewords where so popular? They were deterministic ways of crafting the best items, learn something from the game you praise so much. Harvest crafting is your RUNEWORDS.
Last edited by ACiDRiFT on Mar 11, 2021, 1:37:06 PM
Good! Please GGG don't listen to reddit & all the whine about the game being too hard/not casual friendly, this is how you turn a game into trash.
"
I woke up this morning. It seemed like it was a normal day. I made my cup of coffee and then I saw the news. "GGG removes the item editor because it was ruining POE".

I smiled.

And then there you are, with 25 achievements (something that only a percent of players achieve), a level 98 Gladiator with quite good gear, and a HH complaining about "item editor". Oh, yeah, sure it was ruining your experience, I can see it.
"
MonkeyXAce wrote:
As casual player that struggled to kill Sirus, harvest crafting was great and my only hope to make a decent weapons to take on end game content.

Exalt craft and gambling was never a thing for us casual players, we don't have enough currency to gamble.

It's fine if GGG needs to rebalance or nerf harvest, but at least give us something back so casual players can enjoy the game.

If harvest is nerf and there is nothing in return to empower casual players, then 3.13 would be the last season for many of us.

This.

Despite its deterministic nature, I wasn't lucky enough to find the crafts I need and I wasn't rich enough to buy them. (In fact, I really cannot be bothered with Discord trading.)

As a casual player, I was quite happy with the frequency of appearance of the grove and the amount of crafts I got. I liked spending some time there to look for items which I could use my crafting options.

EDIT: I get the idea from your post that you did not like how a vast minority of your playerbase created OP items and you want everything to be extremely RNG. Then remove it altogether, do not ruin it for the majority who is having fun with it.
Last edited by coskungurel on Mar 11, 2021, 1:42:33 PM
Item editor is such a ridiculous myth, I'd really love to see the statistics behind just how many hours, without trading crafts, it takes to make one piece of 'mirror tier' gear.
I feel like you made one step forward in this league, and now you want take 2 steps backward with this nerf
HAR HAR @ crafters

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info