Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

So basicallly.... you just killed harvest? :D

No one uses non-influenced items these days (except for uniques)

Guess we'll have to see if it's still going to be somewhat useful.
Seems like the Discord issue is still unaddressed even though it is the biggest complaint about Harvest from a player standpoint.
"
pedromozart__ wrote:
"
demondisguise wrote:

Boy, Harvest must be really great if majority of players quit over a simple seed mechanic. I think what you probably wanted to mention was the Garden setup.

My point was that the best retention leagues typically introduce new endgame content and probably had nothing to do with Harvest. Uber elder, Conquerors of the atlas, Maven, etc.

End game retention?

On simple question. Is now Bestiary best than it was in this league or not? Thats the point.

Huh?
This change is silly at best. by the time a 'casual' player has enough currency to purchase lets say a 50 exalt item...the league is over.

The current crafting mechanic makes it SEMI doable to solo craft.
(only 10 slots to store crafts)

If you make these changes as planned, you have to make unlimited craft storage.
"
"
CyBeas7 wrote:
Umm... The simple fix is to just make craft's untradeable. Is it really that hard to figure out?

Economy based game ''Untradable'' Really now?

What he said makes a lot of sense. Harvest crafting has gone beserk this league because people sell their crafts from stations.

If you cannot sell your crafts anymore but would have to use them yourself it should solve every problem. People can still make their items great but for personal use only. Not being able to sell harvest crafted items would be fair. You could still play the game with YOUR items on YOUR build. You just arent gonna make a speed farmer, run 5000maps and sell crafts all day printing mirrors.

"
pedromozart__ wrote:
"
demondisguise wrote:
"
casevil669 wrote:
Have you looked at player retention this league GGG? What do you think is the reason behind it being one of the best? Ritual?

Probably had something to do with Maven?

Did you see player retention in Harvest league?

With “fun” seeds mechanics?
Are you joking?

Most of the people I know who played this league were most excited about the Maven because of the harvest crafting options she offered anyway. I was definitely excited about the possibility of her coming to core for that same reason, mainly.

And while seed obtaining was a pain before, it was nice to be able to set up a plot of vivid thornweavers with some blossoms, and actually get some decent speed crafts for my time, effort (and exalts), rather than endlessly farming for nothing.

I also agree that the simplicity of current harvest crafting is nice, but these new changes will break it, rendering it completely worthless for players like me.
Last edited by Obright on Mar 11, 2021, 1:37:07 PM
I'm not going to quit over these changes but these changes really do screw over casual players like myself.
Devs,

You are truly out of touch with the player base. You are either going off the suggestions of a team member who doesn't even play this game, or listening to streamers and other elitists whine that regular people don't deserve to have good items because they are unable to play for 40 hours a week +. You are decimating SSF, forget HC / HC SSF, and hurting the casual player base (which is most of your players). Those who are able to play this game all day every day will not suffer much, but to most of your player base, this is a very ignorant and out of touch decision. Also, please don't make the wildly inaccurate assumption that people want to "close their eyes" and be nervous if their whole build is ruined when slamming an item. That is was vaaling is for.

This is the same road the so many games are going down these days...out of touch decisions which harm the average player and cause people to leave your game. Especially wise to do in the year that Diablo 2 remaster, and Diablo 4 are coming out. It's not a smart business decision.

I woke up this morning. It seemed like it was a normal day. I made my cup of coffee and then I saw the news. "GGG removes the item editor because it was ruining POE".

I smiled.
So all you really end up having is playing the economy, and plowing maps. And if you want to get anywhere on your character, you are better off mowing monsters down like weeds and just collecting pennies of the ground as fast as possible than any meaningful item hunting.
There is a disconnect here:

1) Ritual league thoroughly rebalanced ascendancies and gems with the stated goal of enabling more build diversity.

2) The new harvest craft nerf will remove a mechanic that promoted more build diversity.

I feel like the GGG team has a blind spot here as far as design philosophy goes.

That being said, at the end of the day – build diversity is fun, and crafting your own GG items is fun, and we’re all playing this game to have fun.

Harvest crafting is fun. Harvest crafting was a new way to play the game, another “game within the game” that POE is so lovingly filled with. The current harvest enables more viable build types and more accessibility to them, and even greater incentive to experiment.

Similar to loot filters, the harvest crafting provides a quality of life improvement on otherwise uncontrollable and somewhat frustrating aspects of the game – RNG on mostly unengaging things.

Before harvest, I knew crafting existed but the thought of having to buy/find so much crafting currency was off-putting. Now, Harvest made me curious about how to make better items, which led me down the path to educating myself on crafting, which both enhanced my participation in the game and made it more engaging.

Sure, the quantity of high quality items has increased in the market, but it also evened the playing field – now, every player has the chance to craft their own great items for their character. And it feels so great to have an accessible way to CREATE your own top-tier gear, instead of farming currency and purchasing them, which I think would be the standard for most players in non-harvest leagues.

The market will adapt to whatever circumstances you give it. 1%er’s are gonna do 1% things, whatever that looks like. Keeping or nerfing Harvest will not change the fact that top 1% players will find ways to play their own game anyway.

If trading crafts from harvest is the issue, then target that. It feels like overkill to stamp out harvest for the common player in order to stop the elite players further dominating their elite sphere.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info