Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

RiP harvest there were some really op crafts what was too easy to make i agree but most of the really high end crafts were hard even with harvest and after this maven orb ll be basicly useless only a handfull of players will consider useing them.

obviously, instead of taxing the rich take it from the poor.

Harvest made the Game somehow viable for me. Instead of playing the top 5 Builds I could choose to play the Build I liked to.

"GG Items are to easy to get" - I don't know what "to easy" here means, but whoever at GGG says that does not play Path of Exile.
"
Elf_97 wrote:
"
codetaku wrote:
"
Elf_97 wrote:
GGG, you could just make harvest craft untradeable so you don't need this super nerf, it make sense since SSF player can't trade anyway

Harvest crafts *are* untradeable. You're suggesting they make harvest-crafted items bind-to-account? They don't like bind-to-account items. I don't even disagree with you (I think both boss uniques and harvest-crafted items could stand to be account-bound, which would also let them buff boss uniques) but it's clearly against their design philosophy. If it's not a quest item, you can trade it in this game. Period.

I'm just trying to suggest a placeholder solution to not kill harvestg like they want to do, make the harvest craft non tradable but keep it like it is right now would be a better solution imo.

Mitigating the TFT influence on the game would be a much better solution than this crazy nerf by GGG. Honestly normal players are unable to make these items that GGG have issues with. I have 1500 hours overall in the game and not once was I able to make a perfect item. And I know I am not the only one. This is the case for the majority of players.
This is just me. I suddenly lost the urge to play POE. Chris used to be my hero,

but this totaly turned the table down

DETERMINISTIC

"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

Too late for this now.
This a terrible solution for the issues posed.
normally I post constructive alternatives, but you have gotten plenty of those already.
Ask yourselves who you are making this game for again.
I get that it is not standard players of all people.
But I am pretty sure its not for the 0.01% either.
They are not paying the rent.
I dont care what you do with trading or most other things, but you need to reverse this, we tasted the coolaid now, so either you satisfy that urge or someone else will.
Dont do a blizzard. Listen to your community.
Resident <NiceFX> crafter - https://nicefxguild.com/
Part of the G3 community - https://www.youtube.com/c/goodguygaming3

IGN: Khamatum/Drachten/Riskitbiscuit/Rediash
Account : RedsDead
[Removed by Support]

Change is great. Not everyone likes to craft and even more ppl don't even know what to do with it. Do you really think we would like to sit for a few hrs on discord just to make 1 exalt from crafts ? Fuck no.

Harvest was a league just like legion or heist so why would you make tons of money from harvest while gambling for drop on other ones ?

Great job GGG. Good change. Finally me and all other no no-life players will enjoy the game.
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Mar 11, 2021, 10:35:46 AM
My favorite leagues with the most time and money spent were Harvest and Ritual, which brought back Harvest. Want to know what they had in common?

If you guessed Harvest then congrat-u-effing-lations. I may never know how you did it, but you did it. You guessed right.

This decision is catastrophically stupid. Swallow your pride and reverse course GGG.
The best idea I read today on reddit on how to keep harvest crafting and prevent printing of mirror-tier items the 0.01% elite does these days: make it unable to hit T1 affixes. The vast majority of players would be satisfied to deterministically add a few T2 affixes, but those item wouldn't be nowhere near mirror tier.

Also, it would be great if you introduced a kind rare drop-only T0 affixes, unattainable in any other way. I almost said that would "make identifying items great again", but I realized it was never great, lol.

Imagine ID-ing a super rare double T0 item and finishing it with harvest... One can only dream.
Last edited by Dex8172 on Mar 11, 2021, 10:14:18 AM
@KicsiSVK

Yes for mitigating TFT discord influence, it would be a better idea than this hard nerf.

And yea you are right, i'm still trying to get good gears until now, need a ton of hour to catch my goal, if they nerf it, i will left with nothing and wasted hours of hard hunting harvest.
Last edited by Elf_97 on Mar 11, 2021, 10:29:46 AM
Instead of nerfing harvest they should buff it. For me it felt good to craft some items and not just buying them. Also i spend more time playing poe then in other leagues. I would even spend more time per league if it wasnt so expensive to get items for new characters. With better crafting options for the mediocre player it would be really fun. But i guess GGG is balancing the game around the top 1%

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info