Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

There's plenty of excitement when crafting your gear.
Removing harvest as it is now in Ritual will be a big big mistake.
They shouldn't have brought harvest back in the game, it was an experiment from witch they learned nothing. Harvest is not what PoE should be about!
and just like that GGG Lost alot of players this was a great way for newer players and casual gamers to get interested and far in the game Does GGG just want every player to spend 15 hours a day in game honestly thats not possible for a large number of people if you just want your streamers to get far just say it so the rest of the community knows whats going on that your more worried about the income and advertisement then your actual players

But ultimately my idea is do a poll and let the community decide what to do about the whole harvest situation give us some options to vote on and lets see what the out come is
First u are talkin about that u didn't like the fact that TFT is by far the best way to craft any item for endgame. --> I 100% agree

And then u layout these changes that will only push the players even more on TFT because u didn't remove the ability to craft the best items u just made it more expensive and tedious.

The only good change (the 5% to 8% occurance rate is useless) would be the implementation of th heart of the grove fragments IF Oshabi wouldn't just be an extremely boring fight with absolutely useless rewards.

To be honest, a better solution would've been to just delete harvest and use the atlas passives for other mechanics.

"
Nickboyj906 wrote:
and just like that GGG Lost alot of players this was a great way for newer players and casual gamers to get interested and far in the game Does GGG just want every player to spend 15 hours a day in game honestly thats not possible for a large number of people if you just want your streamers to get far just say it so the rest of the community knows whats going on that your more worried about the income and advertisement then your actual players

But ultimately my idea is do a poll and let the community decide what to do about the whole harvest situation give us some options to vote on and lets see what the out come is

Bright side, they won't have to upgrade their servers to handle the load caused by people enjoying the game.
Making a cake recipe is very DETERMINISTIC.
So let's mix random ingredients and wait for the cake to be good.

GAMBLING IS NOT CRAFTING!
Edux
Who does this even stop?

The top 1% and under who rush to farm 100% delirious maps to sit on mirrors from week 1 will always get mirror items.

The normal/high tier players will instead roll meta/popular builds so they can buy gear instead of relying on yolo craft.

Casuals will feel ostracized yet again all while the only people benefiting from this are the same people who group farm and create the mirror gear early to create monopolies - something that was not quite possible with harvest around because anyone can in theory create his own perfect item.

This doesn't even fix that people were abusing trading the crafts for money either, just makes it rarer and thus more expensive/lucrative. If you find an aug in the future and you know it's 8 exalts you could get for it you're even more likely to go trade it.

I'm all for some harvest nerfs but out of all the options I can think of this is the worst one and has no real impact on what you state you're trying to stop. If you're so worried about harvest printing mirror items limit harvest to t3 rolls of mods or something.
Still sane GGG? Sadly, I think I will not play next league because of this. Maybe will wait until poe 2 or changes roll back.
Last edited by FirstJusticeKeeper on Mar 11, 2021, 10:19:48 AM
Sadly its being more and more clear to me that developers are not understand their customer. I set you an example, first when i tried Harvest league i was irritated by it, for me it was useless complicated, i could not sell anything "ingame", but more and more i know about crafting and use of TFT channel (not for profit, but in a sense to trade one craft for other), i start to craft my own gear (for the first time), before that it was simple crafts, cos other ones was to complicated and expencive, but now it was so fun to me, i played much more, eventually i get my items to endgame stage, and it took me whole league (still not mirror tier), so for me it will be returning to old days , when you farm currency and then trade it for items, with minimum to no craft at all.

And most of all why i think you lost your touch is due to do this at all, We have so much problems with game stability, trade, trade IP, massive amount of simple QOL, lagging and so one, but you decide to focus on this one...

Too bad we have no votes here. Im strongly against this gambling-mindset development, focus on quality and fun of the game, not barriers.
and how quin69 is supposed to bit some bosses then? bad coding

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info