Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

I talked with my friends about it and we all really enjoy the harvest mechanic. You can simply just craft and adapt your items the way you need them. But there is a long way until you get satisfying results. You cant just "add life" and tadaa there's a T1 life roll on your item.
I guess the game needs more mechanics like fossils - some sort of deterministic rng :)

Cheers!
You completely screwed the pooch on this one.

I'm tired of developers who have no idea what their game owes its success too. Not a single data point in your reasoning - just a mockery of players who are not closing their eyes.

Well I will not be returning next league.
The more I think about it. Please remove the Influence craft too. Non-Influence to Influence in particular will still be kind of strong and will require Discord.

Other than that, great change. Keep up the good work and don't listen to people whining about power being taken away. They should have never had it in the first place.
"
Nox2100 wrote:
"
idgarad wrote:
Everything Tencent touches rots, now we can see the spots on the fruit that was PoE.

This has nothing to do with Tencent.
GGG has been blinded by RNG since the very beginning of the game.

If it weren't a game it would literally be illegal in my state. My state raided all the places that hosted the little personal slot machines, etc, because that variety of RNG gambling is not lawful except for lottery here.

That should give you an idea of what sort of RNG this game is.
Negative to positive responses 10:1

GGG, you are so f***ing out of touch.

We want real crafting. DETERMINISTIC. The community has made this abundantly clear. Do you hate our money/Support? Do you actually want us to go to D4 and other up and coming releases? Are you heavily vested in Blizzard?

Remember why you guys blew up in the first place? Because blizzard was making awful decisions for their games. Do you want the inverse to come true?

God you guys suck. The most broken game performance wise to ever exist, but with amazing content, and instead of fixing the performance, you are gutting the content.

Honestly... what are you thinking? Idiots.
"
Ceramik wrote:
This is just shockingly poor decision making. Harvest crafting makes the endgame actually attainable for the majority of the playerbase. This addition has single-handedly made the game more enjoyable than any other addition I can recall. Clearly there is nobody on the GGG staff that actually has the cojones to tell the decision makers that their vision for "crafting" is terrible. Exalt slamming and chaos spamming was always bad design, and it is in no way, shape, or form, "crafting."

But don't worry guys, the focus on making endgame unattainable to the majority of the playerbase again will provide enough of a distraction to prevent all the performance issues from being addressed, once again.

This is exactly what I was thinking. The currency cost of this game is getting ridiculous. 200+ ex items are now common-place, and streamers are to the point they are showcasing builds with 30+ mirrors worth of items.

Harvest crafting gave the rest of us plebes a way to work towards min/max type play, without requiring 10-15 hours per day of playing.
"
codetaku wrote:
"
Elf_97 wrote:
GGG, you could just make harvest craft untradeable so you don't need this super nerf, it make sense since SSF player can't trade anyway

Harvest crafts *are* untradeable. You're suggesting they make harvest-crafted items bind-to-account? They don't like bind-to-account items. I don't even disagree with you (I think both boss uniques and harvest-crafted items could stand to be account-bound, which would also let them buff boss uniques) but it's clearly against their design philosophy. If it's not a quest item, you can trade it in this game. Period.

I'm just trying to suggest a placeholder solution to not kill harvestg like they want to do, make the harvest craft non tradable but keep it like it is right now would be a better solution imo.
And again we return to infinite alt spamming craft. Harvest crafting kept so many players this league , probably we'll see higher online-drop next league.
Goodbye POE then.
Yeah, this pretty much kills my desire to play. As someone who typically only plays one build per league when I do play and plays builds that are typically slower than most, RNG is my enemy. Harvest allowed me to target useful gear mods for my build and incrementally increase my power level over time as I played through the endgame. If this change goes though I'm probably just not going to play anymore honestly.

Yeah "boo hoo woe is me" but this was the most fun I've had in a league since the game launched so it kinda sucks to see them rip the part I enjoyed the most out of it.

GGG really needs to get over the "you have to play our game this very specific way" mentality because it's really holding the game back.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info