Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

"
Nox2100 wrote:
"
idgarad wrote:
Everything Tencent touches rots, now we can see the spots on the fruit that was PoE.

This has nothing to do with Tencent.
GGG has been blinded by RNG since the very beginning of the game.

Agree, nothing to do with Tencent. Just look the name of the studio, Grinding Gear Gaming, this name screams RNG / Gambling, and cheese
Last edited by theBlucifer on Mar 11, 2021, 9:49:27 AM
I don't agree at all.
I'v been playing since November 2019 and I still struggle to make 1 superb end game character. (I havent been able to make one yet!) Item's sure are easier to craft with harvest, compared to exalt slam. But it's costly! In my experience, if I play hard, I make about 1-3 ex every day, and to buy or craft items is gonna take a long while. My body armour have cost me over 30ex, and still has tier 4 stats on it. It is to be said, I fully clear all maps, do all extra mods on map, Ritual/Legion/Abyss/Breach and so on... I do this because I love the Game in general, and like to play the game to the fullest extent. 1 map takes me about 5-20 minutes, depending on the content. The main reason I started playing again, after recovering from the harvest league, was that you implemented the harvest into core game. To remove this for low-middle class players like myself is an shame in my opinion. Cause the super players seems to find an way, no matter what, to make those characters who can clear most content. And I think it's fair, cause they know what they are doing. But to remove/nerf this "chance" for us low-middle class people to get a little bit closer to that end game character is sad to hear. Just worth mentioning, I love the crafting aspect of the game! If I could, I would spend most of my days just crafting! But I dont farm fast enough, and surely I struggle with farming currency fast enough to buy crafts in hope of making an profit. I hope your team reevaluate this nerf, because harvest is one of the biggest reasons I still play PoE. It's an heavy duty game, takes alot of knowledge and is almost impossible to learn fast. I know people who has been playing for 5-8 years, and they still struggle with mechanics and builds. So I urge you, not to take this away from us.
Honestly this all sounds good to me. I often play builds that don't need influence mods. Of my items right now, 1 has an influence mod that's actually relevant for my build. They're all influenced but could've been crafted non-influenced, hahah.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Mar 11, 2021, 9:58:42 AM
GGG, you could just make harvest craft untradeable so you don't need this super nerf, it make sense since SSF player can't trade anyway
I am disappointed at this choice. I only get to play a couple hours a day. While I never had even close to perfect items, I was able to start with a base and craft the items I wanted. It allowed me to make currency with my "misses" that didnt hit the modifiers I wanted to start with. I would rather lose the 10 saved trades than this. I feel like I can't create my own builds anymore. I have to play whatever is meta to have a chance at getting to beat the feared and breachlords fights.
I hate this change. Determinism was the ting that made Harvest crafting great removing determinism basically kills the system. If the devs think GG items are too accessible then they should make the deterministic crafts rarer instead of introducing more rng.
"
Elf_97 wrote:
GGG, you could just make harvest craft untradeable so you don't need this super nerf, it make sense since SSF player can't trade anyway

Harvest crafts *are* untradeable. You're suggesting they make harvest-crafted items bind-to-account? They don't like bind-to-account items. I don't even disagree with you (I think both boss uniques and harvest-crafted items could stand to be account-bound, which would also let them buff boss uniques) but it's clearly against their design philosophy. If it's not a quest item, you can trade it in this game. Period.
Last edited by codetaku on Mar 11, 2021, 9:52:12 AM
Sounds like GGG is only listening to the reddit frogs who complain the most. I don't know how you guys could think that gutting the only fun and good way new/medium level players could craft their items would be a good idea. Rich and top 1% will still be crafting mirror tier items by spamming 10000s of alts/annulments.

Most of the player base will quit before yellow maps once again. Destroying the only friendly crafting option in the game will just make more of your player base quit. The only league where bossing was actually profitable and rewarding and now we will only see the top 1% doing efficient Maven and getting even wealthier.

How about look at fracturing maps and how it makes almost every item drop about worthless. 1000s of scarabs, contracts/blueprints, maps, etc.. Maps where you commonly crash because so much trash on the map. People will still run these braindead loot simulator maps because Self-curse HH is more than enough with only uniques. Instead of people farming for harvest you will just have everyone spamming fractured maps into the ground so that the 1% can still craft mirror items with the abundancy of crafting currency.

The problem with harvest was that it was discord server driven by the a third-party community, not because of the type or strengths of the crafts themselves. The only and wanted solution by the community is to revert the 3.14 change and make the crafts less risky to sell/trade to other players. (Turn crafts into tradable orbs).

One of the few leagues me and my friends played over 2 weeks and it looks like it could be the last. Now you have us looking forward to diablo.
Guess its time to sit out for a few leagues until GGG gets their priorities straight again. Enjoy the drop in player numbers and engagement.
GGG NO ONE wants these changes!!! and no one needs these changes!!!
if this goes live i am done with this game....
most stupid changes i have ever seen!!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info