Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

this is going to kill player base retention thus weakening the tail end of the league. harvest crafting was a huge bonus for the middle class of this game, killing it off will essentially just leave the top 1% of genius players with full control of the market as well as the only ones having completely endgame viable items. this is a huge step backwards.
I really don't know what are you GGG expecting out of taking this away from us again? Firstable it's RNG to even get the harvest. Trust me I know by having like 1-3 harvests per 20-30 maps and from those harvests you usually get 1 good craft which you can either sell or use by yourself. And yes I use as much Zana as possible and still have in my opinion really hard time to find harvest. Me and few of my friends started this league specially because of harvest and I'm not sure if we come back again if harvest is ruined.

This will only benefit gamers who has possibility to play the game for 8-12 hours a day and rest will have really hard time to make decent gear to clear content, so around 95% of players will suffer from this decision, way to kill the best game, but yea it's your game so do what you want.
"get woke, go broke."
What about u dont touch anything? buff harvest to have remove stun and block recovery and add MANA modifiers?

what about u give back eternal orb?

what about you add new items like orb of perfection? "upgrade random tier by 1"
what about that? Dont you guys have phones?
This thread adds pages in a pace that I can't read fast enough to see the end of it LOL! That should count for something, should...

Welcome to Path of Nerf, Exile, a game where you should consider yourself plainly 'excited' to just pointlessly chaos/exalt-slam stuffs.
Account bind harvest crafted items and the problem is solved. The issue isn’t with Harvest it is with trading the crafts and crafting opportunities that harvest produces.

This would severely slow down the abuse of access to rare crafting options thru use of TFT, and bring the balance to the mechanism of Harvest without gutting it completely.

There are 230+ pages of comments on this manifesto and counting for a reason. What you are doing is wildly unpopular.

RNG is fun to point, but when a player really rolls up their sleeves to put the finishing touches on a build harvest crafting keeps them working for much longer. Don’t kill the deterministic crafting.

Edit: Or get rid of the explody chest mechanic if it is too powerful and breaks the game and any other mod that is OP

You keeping giving us tools to make more and more powerful stuff and complain when we do just that.

Who cares if there are items that trivialize the content of the game? It’s a game and as long as that person is having fun doing it let them.

They are still playing aren’t they? And isn’t that the goal of the developers?
Last edited by cacmeister on Mar 11, 2021, 9:27:20 AM
I'm sure my comments will just be lost in the volume, but I wanted provide an alternative method to dealing with Harvest crafting.

I agree with GGG's position on itemization. It shouldn't be this deterministic. Hard game should remain hard, so to speak.

So here's my solution:

Only item level 75 and lower items can be harvest crafted. Doing this removes the possibility of top-tier, best in slot items being easily rolled, yet early mapping items have a chance to become serviceable into red-tier maps.

As GGG stated, they want leveling gear to be used longer, and not provide a venue for mirror-tier items to be easily made. Reducing Harvest crafting to an item level restriction addresses this.

Casuals still get a means to improve, and the 1%ers will still be 1%.
As some here have already pointed out: the entire TFT issue can be solved by allowing players to store harvest crafts in containers similar to how beasts can be stored. Sure, it would void the N total crafts you can store limitation, but that clearly is void by design when people can just trade for it on TFT in a less safe manner. Reduce the drop rate of "amazing crafts" even more, make them really rare... sure, but allow for deterministic crafting (crafting != gambling; the only RNG aspect of such a crafting mechanism should be the quality - tier - of the outcome, which is absolutely acceptable).

Stored crafting options can then be properly priced and traded on the trade website. You'd also no longer have to fear that someone runs off with your item or have them "stream the process" so that you can see they're really using the "lucky rolls" variation on it and not the standard one, but charging you double.

These changes hurt the masses, not the top 1%. The top 1% will continue having the best gear. They'll now just get richer and richer. Why? Because only they can afford to "gamble craft" tens, hundreds, thousands of Exalted, Chaos, Annulment, etc. Orbs in order to "craft" items that allow for progressing certain content on certain builds. With that, you're then left to grind currency for days/weeks so that you can affording buying good items from the rich. Or you play the handful of "viable builds" everyone else is playing because build diversity is clearly not something people want. Let's have a complex skill tree system and all this amazing variation so that everyone can tick the exact same boxes and aim to wear the exact same items and play the exact same classes if they want to get anywhere... Amazing fun!
Pull but one thread, and the fabric of the world unravels.
Last edited by Khathuluu on Mar 11, 2021, 9:22:59 AM
And after that perfect expansion and legue, when i was telling all my friends that FINALY most of the players can reach goals in game you doing this? This is by far my most time spent ingame legue in 6 years (450 hours played and still continue). But it looks like this game is should be designed for 1% nolifers , and the rest of community back to struggle on red or even yellow maps.
This is mistake GGG. Hope you wont ruin it.
Last edited by mozai on Mar 11, 2021, 9:14:02 AM
"
Portu wrote:
"
Boonce wrote:
Very happy this is the last Discord league.

Even if you like it contrary to most of us, you have not fully comprehended one thing.

Next league will have even more "discord trade". Why? Because the high level crafts that rest (augment fire/cold/inf/etc) will have a lower chance to spawn, so they will actually be more expensive. Imagine an augment speed that costs 5-7 ex on TFT, and actually has few outcomes so can be a good "ex slam" to do. It will cost at least 10 ex or more next league.

The current price of crafts is based on the output; typically a high value influenced item. No longer allowed.

Targetted Annul is removed so repeat demand is reduced.

Augment is now only useful for adding resist to gear, physical weapons, speed on boots, etc. Basic stuff. Often you will hit a low tier and cannot targeted annul it.

Most Augs will be low value in accordance with their potential to roll a decent non-influence rare.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info