Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

I find it so funny that people act like without harvest there were no good items xD Heist was a league directly after harvest and before Ritual and tbh it didn't fell like I was missing anything. And yeah people - OP items should exist just for few lucky people, not available for everyone for 10ex
Overall a nice change for me but I thought that you would adress the arguemnts with discord trading and remove/significantly reduce the options of Horricrafting Station to like 2 crafts
Can't wait.....

For another arpg to come out, where i won't be a beta tester for years for their next sequel. After Delirium League everything went down the hill for POE. Sorry but you've lost a player and a customer. Can't deal with this shit of development of pretty good game. And fix your performance issues 1st.
Sincerely not yours anymore
.!.
I know next league I won't be able to do T13+ maps again, cuz I don't have plenty of time to waste waiting for an exalted to drop only to see that I have only 3 or 4 exalteds when the league ends. I stopped playing this game years ago and only came back because of Harvest mods existance. I could FINALLY do some stuff I wasn't able to do earlier: dude, come on, my tornado shot build couldn't even do 75+ maps without dying 84+ times per hour. Now with my self-crafted Toxic Rain build I can easily do T16 maps, but I still have difficulties when talking about Sirus or Maven.

I don't have now the same time I had to spend on farming back at when we didn't even have leagues to farm. Harvest made me finally achieve some content I was never been able to do in the past. I am not talking about endgame stuff: I'm talking about high tier maps AND learning about craft itself! Harvest made me want to learn how crafting works, and when I'm finally learning something, GGG takes it not only from me but from all the 99% players who were thinking the same way. Come on, I even thought about going SSF next league just to indeed learn crafting because of the Harvest.

Tbh, I wish I could refund each single supporter pack I've bought this league. I feel like I got scammed by GGG.
The disconnection that ggg has with the player base just seems to get worse after every league, and the player base is not even as big as in other games with millions of players, just reading through these comments should be enough to notice how bad this idea was and how harvest crafting is still very hard, just a bit cheaper

Making perfect items still takes mirrors upon mirrors without amazing luck, yeah you can force a phys mod but to get t1 increased phys you still have to remove add hundreds if not thousands of times, an explode chest with life and nice res is not a perfect items, its what your buffs to monsters and bosses made needed to not play the game at a snail's pace and actually enjoy the game and I'm sure your numbers reflect that

Please don't let this change go through
If all that matters for GGG is the number of concurrent players at the league start and total profit from shop sales, I'm seriously considering not buying even a single stash tab and not playing at that exact day.
Thank god I readed this befor spending 200 box in the harvest core pack at least I didn't feel scammed

RIP HARVEST THE BEST THING THAT HAPPENED IN THIS GAME
"
Vensatra wrote:
I know next league I won't be able to do T13+ maps again, cuz I don't have plenty of time to waste waiting for an exalted to drop only to see that I have only 3 or 4 exalteds when the league ends. I stopped playing this game years ago and only came back because of Harvest mods existance. I could FINALLY do some stuff I wasn't able to do earlier: dude, come on, my tornado shot build couldn't even do 75+ maps without dying 84+ times per hour. Now with my self-crafted Toxic Rain build I can easily do T16 maps, but I still have difficulties when talking about Sirus or Maven.

I don't have now the same time I had to spend on farming back at when we didn't even have leagues to farm. Harvest made me finally achieve some content I was never been able to do in the past. I am not talking about endgame stuff: I'm talking about high tier maps AND learning about craft itself! Harvest made me want to learn how crafting works, and when I'm finally learning something, GGG takes it not only from me but from all the 99% players who were thinking the same way. Come on, I even thought about going SSF next league just to indeed learn crafting because of the Harvest.

Tbh, I wish I could refund each single supporter pack I've bought this league. I feel like I got scammed by GGG.

Same.
Want to play a beginner friendly, highly expandable and reliable build? Try WreckerOfDays' ! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288 -- My Hideout -> https://hideoutshowcase.com/hideout/show/2881
Please Reconsider.
If you want to nerf Harvest, That's fine.

But please find another way that doesn't destroy a casual player's ability to make good(not flawless) gear.
Before this league I was never able to fight Elder/Shaper/UberElder because I was too casual and relaxed a player to get good gear.
My only form of progression has been charity from guild members who give me things they don't want due to them being league players and me being a standard player(because I'm too casual a player to restart every league).

Harvest has allowed me to make some nice items(worth 50-100ex) that have let me see more content than ever before. I still can't clear the hardest content, such as 100% Delirious, the Maven fight and Awakener 8+ Sirus is a toss-up.

The removal of Harvest will put me back into a pit that is difficult to escape, where I can't afford the gear I need to farm currency to afford the gear I need; that or I play the 'meta' budget build(which I've always preferred to just play a skill I find fun).

Please reconsider: Alternatives include
-Make Augment work on Influenced pieces. This will still require gambling with annuls to perfect pieces
-Make Harvest crafted items untradeable. This will solve the Discord reliance issue and it really doesn't matter if someone has mirror tier gear across the board when they can't really impact the community/economy with it(I mean they could already farm 100% delirious anyways, so what's different? They can use more skills? That's not a bad thing.)
-Make Fossils respect Meta-crafting. Although this is still locked behind having moderate wealth, which is a point that can be difficult for a player like me to reach.
Last edited by anntari on Mar 11, 2021, 9:00:27 AM
As someone who missed out on harvest league and just got into the groove of how to use the already minimized crafting system, I think that this is the biggest and worst mistake for your game.
It's already costly to craft and this legit makes it a busted game. I think you guys will see the lowest first day of league and will have the lowest numbers of people playing once you implement this change. Y'all are talking about sacrificing half of your base for 1 persons idea.
I only see two possible outcomes:

1. keep harvest as it is, but make all harvest touched items un-tradeable (bound to account)

2. nerf/remove harvest completely, and assume the loss of players who are not gamblers/farmers/bot-runners/no-lifers

Hell, you can even make a voting pool like the ones u love to do for new div cards or items, and see what the majority of player base really think, as opposed to the vocal reddit "opop" minority or 0.1% no-life streamers showing off mirror tiers abundance.
I bet u'll be surprised.

On the other hand, if it sticks, I'm really grateful for making my choice easy.
So many games (good and great ones) backlogged all these years...just needed a nudge to go play something else too.

Be well and take care

Last edited by Zenshii on Mar 11, 2021, 9:01:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info