Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

Gl GGG in your game , i am out this time for good
no, just no.
GGG: we made a new, awesome crafting system.
Oh wait, people made actual good items with it.
-> nuke harvest.
@dunaskmey true
"
piotrekplis wrote:
That just shown how GGG is far away from players.

>Release new league
>Add harvest to it
>Most of players ignore new league mechanic
>Most of players use harvest and have fun with it
>Delete harvest

Lets be honest, if not harvest ritual would be dead after 2weeks, but yeah, lets delete mechanic that allows everyone to have fun with crafting, without spending hundreds of hours to farm currency to craft one item.
Those changes to harvest will only harm "mid-tier players" - that is most of the players that knows somthing about the game, gets to red maps and doesn't make 10ex/h.

Make monopoly greate again! 1-5 crafters that gets mirror tier item on the start of the league, snowballing money from mirror service to make more mirror tier items - and nobody can touch them cause they'll make so much money from mirror services.
GGG just doesn't care at all - that's how it looks like and its sad.

I QUOTE ALL.
As mid-level player harvest crafting gave me an excting possibility to craft different items and try new builds without spending hundreds hours like only bots do.
I think GGG get excited in just getting harder and painful the game, without absolutely caring of fun in playing. Or maybe is just an "high request" from people who've been hurted in the pocket from harvest mechanic.
Rip fun
Rip crafting
Rip PS4 players, and come back to “ship” 100ex items (same 5ex pc items).

That's literally the worst thing you will do to this game. If u do - I'm gonna quit. That was first league I've crafted my items by myself, and now you are saying "you know, we don't want you to be able to craft, just farm some currency and buy items, anyway you are too broke to craft".

As I see this, there is an easy solution - make it Medium-core. Remove the possibility of storing any crafts at all, make one portal to the garden, so players just come in, kill monsters, do craft that they need - rest of them just goes away. Died? Everything goes away. Disconnected? Gone. Some can say it's harsh - it's not. Killing Harvest the way GGG wants to do it - that's harsh.

I'm soooooo upset because of this. That's actually the first time I'm thinking about quitting this game ever since I've started. Nice work GGG, nice work.
Time to give up this game
Please for gods sake remove SSF to Standard migration and balance SSF differently/give SSF deterministic ways to aquire items. All balancing issues this game had over the last couple years grew from trade, all nerfs hit casual SSF-players MUCH MUCH harder than trade. So just decouple it and give us casual SSF-Players any option to play off-meta builds and craft/get items for them. You cant keep pushing the power and difficulty of endgame content without improving our ability to get to better items.

Regarding Rares: Make QoL improvements to handling them. 'ID all'-Button, 'Vendor all Rares'-button (thats moves all rares into the vendor trade gui-thing).

Regarding the old crafting: I need all Chaos orbs for maps and master-crafting, the few ex i find i too need for master-crafting and they have such a small chance to wield any usable result that they are basically worthless to me otherwise, mirrors are ABSOLUTELY worthless in ssf. There are so many gear slots with normal-, abyss and cluster-jewels now and crafting ONE good jewel takes SO many alts i cant even find words to describe how unachievalbe it is.
The developers have turned Path of Exile into Path of Crafting and then they are surprised by how much Harvest crafting is used....

If you actually had good items drop, then people wouldn't care so much about crafting. But YOU GUYS have made it ALL about crafting.

There is SO MUCH to like about this game but your over emphasis on crafting is not one of them.

You reap what you sow.....
Last edited by Nightmare123 on Mar 11, 2021, 8:54:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info