Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

Why don't you just make the crafts storable/tradable like beasts atleast?

What a disappointment.
80 new pages in 8 or 9 hours lol
Want to play a beginner friendly, highly expandable and reliable build? Try WreckerOfDays' ! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288 -- My Hideout -> https://hideoutshowcase.com/hideout/show/2881
Dear Chris,

I really wonder who came up with these ridiculous ideas that certain things need nerfs.

I'm a casual gamer, and Path of Exile is my go-to game, after a hard day of work. This means I want to be able to relax and enjoy my time playing. However every league I kind of enjoy it less and less, and like many players, I'm still playing this league because of harvest. If it wouldn't be there, I would have quit (this league) several weeks ago.

I haven't managed to kill Sirus, or Maven, never did a 10 (maven) boss fight in any region, this league. Even haven't reached 32 (basic) watchstones yet. I don't have mirror tear gear, since well I don't invest 16+ hours daily into the game to farm the currency or trust any players to craft it for me.
I do love creating my own builds, this also means I want to test them on "full power" sadly you're taking away that creative freedom by nerfing harvest. You are again pushing people into playing builds they didn't create themselves, aren't as fun to play, and become impossible to build, because the market revolves entirely on these "meta" builds, after a few days/weeks.

Your core player base, also the players that buy all the MTX and are responsible for most of GGG's revenue just get slapped in the face with this news/nerf. I've bought a lot of MTX in the past 2,5 half years, well I won't be buying anything, anytime soon anymore if this update will become a reality.

You are destroying the only chance for your core player base to actually reach end game content and be able to complete it.

If your goal is to lower the server overload on league starts, this is the path to take for sure. I'm quite sure that the player base will be half of what it was when 3.13 launched. Unfortunately, your revenue will be halved as well (or worse) and GGG might face some really nasty financial issues because of it. If those are the goals for GGG, please keep nerfing the most-loved content and destroy build diversity in an already unbalanced game; because of too much RNG, loot clutter, unstable and time-consuming trading system that's overrun with bots and "price fixers".

GGG's focus should for once be, to balance the core game and look towards unbalanced/unused skill improvement, long overdue bug fixes, revisiting/adjusting certain boss fights (like Sirus), integrating new league mechanics into older league mechanics, for example, new delve nodes, new beast crafts, new metamorph rewards, etc.
This way you can keep your players interested in older content and you don't create insane currency generators like "Heist exalted farm" by splitting blueprints; Or headhunter farming in delirium maps.
Every content should generate roughly the same amount of currency vs time and currency invested, yet we see a high imbalance between league content.

For once listen to your player base, this nerf will for sure impact GGG and Path Of Exile in a negative way.

Not using harvest on influenced itens , make impossible use for harvest in end-game itens, so why just don't remove for the game? i'mean in early gear for me it's better try with essences, i'm just don't see the point to have harvest with it's not used for end-game craft
99.9% of People are not crafting or aiming for perfect items, and Maven Orbs make the real mirror tier items much harder to obtain, which again, 99.9% of the playbase are not bothering to deal with it.

If you actually play this game in league you will know that your so-called crafting with spamming chaos and alternation is basically gambling. There is no excitement to slam your gears cause no one will actually doing it in the first place.

I understand the RNG aspect of the POE as a core idea, but that shouldn't be how the game moving forward in term of real "crafting". Crafting with chaos/essence and harvest combined to get some useful mods for my build is actually a meaningful progress and staring the final result is the excitement and fulfillment I want, not the disappointment of "losing your eyes and Exalting an item"
"
Xyren101 wrote:
I am very sad about harvest getting nearly useless for me as a averrage player.
After 2000 hours of playing PoE, harvest gave me the possibility to craft my own items instead of save up currency till mid league when i can afford the good items for my builds. offcause i could play other builds which have more afforable gear, but for me PoE is all about possibilities, when i again could only play builds which can barely do T16 Maps and i have to throw away my gear every time an Exalted Orb drops, i will lose allot of fun in this game.

I get the point of grinding for good gear and i am willed to do so, but with the latest changes i will stop crafting again, i tried multiple times to craft really good gear but when i have to spend 50ex and weeks of gambling with the risk to loose it all this doesnt seems clever when i can buy a finished one.

Another Point is, when everyone (except the 0.001% of player who could craft there ultimate gear) have to buy there Gear again, Bots will grow again, cause its all about Currency again.

In the Annoucement there was the line: "The entire rest of Path of Exile's crafting system is somewhat redundant with Harvest Crafting in its current form." and i agree nearly all crafting possibilities are so inefficient, that they are useless for nearly everyone who plays PoE (i would say Fossils quite good, but then they possibly get nerved next).

With the current Announcement, me as an averrage player will skip harvest cause the only really helpfull thing is Alch Maps and even this is only needed till some point in the league.
And yes the Oil/Catalyst/Fossil/... gamble is nice but at least i didn´t get something good enough to do harvest just for them.

I understand there are some people who have really fun gamling in this game and crafting really good stuff, offcause they do cause they made a allot of currency in the past (and still do, i still haven´t my end game gear cause i do not get the Augments/Annuls i need)
but these kind of HardCore Crafters will allways craft some legendary dragon sword +2, but i will be forced again to buy there items cause i have nearly no chance to get them which this makes me really sad.
In my mind the people complaining how easy Harvest makes the game need to play 24/7 cause for me who plays ~5-6h nearly every day after work it is not easy it is still hard work of days and days farming Harvest and hoping for the right Augment/Annul/RemoveAdd.

And offcause i could just go somewhere an pay someone who has the Harvest crafts to just finish my items, but why would i do that and break the improvement cycle when i have the option to grind for it? I am still a person who buys nearly all of my Gear but with harvest i at least slowly startet optimizing and this league even startet to craft my first own really good items and now i am again only able to craft maybe even good items but why grinding for good items, when i could grind curreny to buy nearly perfect items?
I grind for improvement, but when the Improvment never ever could nearly reach whats on the Market, then why even trying, this way it is just frustrating to craft, so just buy the finished ones and cry about the prices.

Like said before, for me PoE is all about the freedom to play cool and funny Builds and it seems like i am loosing this freedom, cause i can´t craft myself and most of the time can´t afford to just buy the Gear i want. So i have to play Cheep Builds and grind at Yellow maps and Hope for Exalted Drops to gear the character i want to play which doesn´t sound fun to me.

So i get the point of the nerve, but in my mind it again hurts only the averrage players and takes away the posibility to improve my gear on my own.
What i read in the Manifesto is: Let the 0.1% of players rule the Gear market again and Bots Dominate the currency market and destroy the averrage players capabilities, which makes me sad.

I will try it next league but then maybe switch to Standrd where Currency is not a problem and i have my freedoms.

I agree with you, harvest in this league was the first time I started to make my own gear.. I dont play 12h per day and harvest helped me to get some good items.. now the game will be only farming and farming again to have enough currency to buy items from players that know how to craft in other systems.. since I am a new player I dont understand all craft systems and this is really bad for me and now will be even harder..
Meh, it's not like I enjoyed having decent gear without playing 12 hours a day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdpA_xHXhEA

this guy is 100% correct, LISTEN TO HIM GGG!!!

And finally take a look at those hillarious split beasts abuses...
3.13 Was the best league ever!
3.18 Rest in peace my beloved recombinators, I'm gonna miss you...
I think this is needed, and I play SSF. I played ever since Invasion league and dont really like what POE has become through this... there are just godtier items everywhere on every stream, maybe I like suffering, but POE is suposed to be a really hard journey. Hope GGG goes through with this, honestly !
If this is your stance, I won't buy any MTX or supporter packs. Keep harvest as is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info