Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

Game performance manifesto when?
This sentiment was summed up by a member of our design team who recently said

"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

Well you guys just killed the game for all the casual players who just want to play the game a few hours a day and have fun doing it, and with harvest we have something to set as a goal for crafting items and we dont have 200+ exalts or mirrors to pay with.

Been playing this game for a long time, but if this comes through so many players will quit the game much sooner or quit the game for good.
crafting with harvest in the game is something to set as a goal, and for someone that dosent play 8-12 hours a day, i myself will never be able to get good gear and take on the endgame of poe in leagues without something like harvest crafting.

Atm im not playing ritual because i think it sucks imo.
So im trying to get better gear for some of my chr on standard, and the only way i see is either spending 100+ exalts on each item to buy better, or craft with harvest. And harvest is just more fun for me.
Really hope that you guys dont came through with this, cause it will ruin the game for 90% of your player base.

And less players playing is just bad for buisness.
When will the information come out that this is a joke for April 1? KEKW
Nerfing Gear Games. Back to the alt spamming and annul 0.000000% weight mod. Thx
For over a year, starting with metamorph league, with each update and development manifesto, I'm starting to dislike path of exile more and more. If the next league isn't entertaining or at least playable from the beginning (seriosly, first 2-3 weeks of every league starting with delirium this game crashed even harder than economy in 2020) i'm gonna quit and probably won't came back for poe 2 or whatever other big update happens before/after that. For over a year it feels like this game makes 1 step forward, 10 steps back. Why play? What's the point?
"
anhkhoiit wrote:
DON'T TOUCH ON HARVEST OR I WILL UNISTALL THE GAME AFTER 3.14 REALEASE

Don't let the door hit you on your way out. I know it's a dickish response but I mostly agree with GGG on this nerf. I don't understand the buff to harvest rates I would gut it or make items soulbound. If you think overpowered tool taken away from you is reason enough for you to quit the game then save us and yourself frustration.

@Chris Wilson / Bex
I don't really understand why you stick to your anti-soulbind stance.
We already have soulbound quest items in the game. I understand you want to keep items tradable in the long run and let people gain profit on crafting but we have already seen timed soul binding in some MMO's. If you would be able to craft item as much as you want with your own hard to find crafts but it would soulbind the item to you for 12-24 hours then it could potentially allow you to experiment even more with crafting in general. It could potentially solve problem with Alva temples, harvest crafting and master-crafting services being too available when people go extra mile to use unsafe trading resources. People would still be able to craft within guild but it would be more time consuming. It would slow down progression toward mirror tier items for big guilds.
Harvest's return has reinvigorated the long-desiccated standard economy, and produced, in my opinion, the healthiest temporary league meta (as in diversity) and economy (as in longevity) that we've seen in a very long while. When's the last time trade was this active this deep into a league?

Please reconsider this decision, whether it is right now, or when you see what next league's player retention and build diversity numbers look like.
Last edited by Karcaroth on Mar 11, 2021, 7:25:49 AM
Despite the fact, that I will definitely miss the Harvest in current shape, I thing it is a good and required 'optimization'
Thanks, this was very needed - Finally we get back to the point where mirror items are actually rare and something MOSTLY the 0.1% will achieve...
The casual player does not need a mirror item to play the game, they were just fine before harvest - they will be just fine now.

Perfect gear should be near impossible to obtain.
Harvest makes causal players have 1-3 "mirror" items, can't even call them mirror item anymore.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info