Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

Rework essence, so harvest crafts drop like essence
In my humble opinion one of two things needs to happen:

Either
a) Harvests become tradeable
or
b) Harvest is removed from the game

I have a opinion on harvest just as everyone else does, but my utmost concern with the system as it that they're somehow in the game, but not really.

Harvest crafts aren't 'tradeable', well they are - only you trade your item away and someone else crafts it for you but this has a lot of problems:
1) This system revolves entirely on trust. Essentially you pay someone else to use currency on your item, which also removes the feeling of "you" made that item.

2) It opens the doors WIDE for scammers, as everyone HAS to be confident trading their items around to others.

3) It's ultimately trying to balance with an inconvenience aspect, which I believe we had a discussion about concerning spectres becoming permanent, where the sentiment was "We will give them the QoL and then figure out what the appropriate power level should be"

Otherwise you get the problem where some players will go through the hurdles (whether that be summoning powerful minions every time they login, or joining a harvest discord to trade) and others who will not at all participate - essentially making everyone suffer.

This by essentially haltering the casual player's experience, because harvest can't be strong enough to feel rewarding for an individual - and on the flip side the hardcore harvest traders will sit there with their still perfect items and thinking: Why does it have to be this inconvenient?
- both cases are at a loss with the current system.

I propose making all harvest crafts tradeable (ala. beasts or currency) and then iteratively honing in on the power level, EVERYTHING else in the game is tradeable, as it should be - that's essentially why anything has value in PoE it's either a powerful item or a tradeable commodity to create powerful items.
So, no 3.14 until harvest fix & no supporter pack
"
Karcaroth wrote:
Please reconsider this decision, whether it is right now, or when you see what next league's player retention and build diversity numbers look like.

They don't care about league retention only the income spike at league launch.
Where is a button for a community vote: "Design's Team and Chris'es view for fun crafting is delusional and not actually fun?"

How in the hell 300 hours in a league to craft 3-5 good yet not perfect items is "easy enough" (those that could be mirror tier earlier and worth 20-120ex now)

I'm usually do not whine a lot, but that manifesto left me sad. Making me wish to refund supporters I bought this league even, if that was not covered by user's terms.

This league I for the first time composed a build on my own, and made it work. I stumbled on The Hidden, The Feared, played a 100 more hours, crafted even better gear and overcame those too. Now i'm stumbled at full juiced deli maps (hello, LAAAAAGS and terrible spikes, sometimes crashes - need ability to survive more in those, CAUSE CANT RELIABLY DODGE BY MOVEMENT THX) and need to come up with something even stronger

So you decide - "Screw you, Dmitrij!" Minmaxing something is not for avg 4h / day player. U gotta have thousand of exalts worth of currencies, gamble is fun! (erh, no thx?)

Frustrated till the bottom of my consiousness. Don't even want to finish my attempt on crafting a decent +2 arrows shaper bow for elehit. Not like I will ever be able to do it once more

And why harvest is not planned to become tradable in-game via orbs if its going to be gutted anyway? Is a Discord for 10k online players a good thing to you?

BTW THE SPLIT BEAST IS STUPID AND AFFECTS TRADING ONLY NEGATIVELY
Now I wonder to see if the next league will have anything to stay fun for at least 50 hours or so.
Time to swear to not buy any MTX untill crafting will feel achievable once again

Damn. I thought harvest need some kind of nerfs simulteneosuly with QoL. But this seems too extreme to me. Still gonna check how it turn's out to be
Last edited by DemetryN on Mar 11, 2021, 8:52:14 AM
If u do this I'm done with game... just started crafting and now u gonna make everything 10000000 times harder for ordinary players, if we don't make 30ex per day crafting won't be possible...so sad....
Harvest is one of the few reasons it makes things interesting again.
Such a brutal nerf....

If it happens in this way I am out.
"
Ganfire wrote:
Thanks, this was very needed - Finally we get back to the point where mirror items are actually rare and something MOSTLY the 0.1% will achieve...
The casual player does not need a mirror item to play the game, they were just fine before harvest - they will be just fine now.

Perfect gear should be near impossible to obtain.
Harvest makes causal players have 1-3 "mirror" items, can't even call them mirror item anymore.

Oh yeah because everyone was able to craft 'mirror tier items' with Harvest ... how out of touch are some of you? really?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdpA_xHXhEA

Totally agree with what PathOfMathh says in the above video, nothing more to say.

Last edited by FlamingVoodoo on Mar 11, 2021, 8:50:26 AM
"
Ganfire wrote:
Thanks, this was very needed - Finally we get back to the point where mirror items are actually rare and something MOSTLY the 0.1% will achieve...
The casual player does not need a mirror item to play the game, they were just fine before harvest - they will be just fine now.

Perfect gear should be near impossible to obtain.
Harvest makes causal players have 1-3 "mirror" items, can't even call them mirror item anymore.

Casual player does not have 1-3 mirror tier items xD Go watch Path of Maths video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdpA_xHXhEA

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info