Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

Rip. They should have modified and expanded on harvest crafting.
"
JJaxxo wrote:
"
Ganfire wrote:
Thanks, this was very needed - Finally we get back to the point where mirror items are actually rare and something MOSTLY the 0.1% will achieve...
The casual player does not need a mirror item to play the game, they were just fine before harvest - they will be just fine now.

Perfect gear should be near impossible to obtain.
Harvest makes causal players have 1-3 "mirror" items, can't even call them mirror item anymore.

Casual player does not have 1-3 mirror tier items xD Go watch Path of Maths video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdpA_xHXhEA

I mean in what world do these people live? no casuals will ever have mirror items, harvest or not.
Im casual, this time I played league intensively thx to harvest and for first time I am minmaxing build.

I am not crafting myself, its pain to learn lightyears of crafting knowledge when I can use the time to grind and have fun (yes, other ppl find fun where I don't, totally normal).

I try to buy min maxed items from cash I get from selling harvest crafts on TFT - worked so good, finally some cash inflow this league. Still I needed to farm freaking DAYS to get money for some near perfect crafted gear. Also crafters themselves had to spend shitload of time and tens of exalts to get proper items - and that is with help of harvest (will be pain without it).

About TFT as root cause of hate - it is just another 3rd party solution to fill the gap of non-existent harvest craft bottling-up. If you cant sell in game, you will sell outside of the game. Water will find its way through cracks, you cant stop it, but you can take the incentive behind ppl running to TFT - making crafts sealable. Naming the problem in article (mentioning explicitly discord) and then indirectly amplifing it by making seeds rarer seems like clown shoes really, and not a fix:)...So rich will get richer and plebs back to jealousy, gated behind non-affordable RNG.

Now I was thinking with all this black-and-white, simple hate and staring-you-in the-eye-solutions proposed by most players, followed by threat of not playing next league..Yet GGG does what it does and how it does.

Its called data driven decisions. They have numbers and they crunched them. But most ppl here think they know the best. Its easy, simple, black n white, right? Its not.

I hope your changes play out well Chris, this league I had lot of fun with update. Craft-your-own-league skill trees was really bullseye.
"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."
Crafting as GGG intended appears to look like this? Yeah, no, I won't play RNG-only. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5MOiIVu9pY
It is the first time I am commenting such an announcement, but this time, I have a strong urge to give my opinion. I'll try to make it short:

Before harvest I have never actively crafted items. Mainly because it was impossible to properly assess the cost of making an item and due to the heavy RNG involved, it was much cheaper to just buy the item in 99% of cases. Which is imho a sad state for this game with such deep itemization and diverse crafting options.

Harvest really made me enthusiastic about crafting. I could really plan out a craft beforehand, calculate the average cost and go for it. The odds were good enough to invest the time and effort, because you knew for sure, that the invested currency won't be wasted and it made it fun and engaging to then farm the currency and the harvest crafts.
Also it usually involves all types of crafting to get the proper base and so on (Bestiary, Fossils, Betrayal, Essences). It wasn't "just" harvest but a clever combination of all available tools. The item I am currently crafting has a 1:50 chance of hitting the T1 mod with r/a crafts, so even with harvest, it is a huge effort to craft perfect items.

After having cleared all of the new endgame content (which was very enjoyable), harvest crafting currently is the sole source of motivation for me to keep playing the game.

Last edited by Nyalee on Mar 11, 2021, 7:41:18 AM
"
breqker wrote:
"
JJaxxo wrote:
"
Ganfire wrote:
Thanks, this was very needed - Finally we get back to the point where mirror items are actually rare and something MOSTLY the 0.1% will achieve...
The casual player does not need a mirror item to play the game, they were just fine before harvest - they will be just fine now.

Perfect gear should be near impossible to obtain.
Harvest makes causal players have 1-3 "mirror" items, can't even call them mirror item anymore.

Casual player does not have 1-3 mirror tier items xD Go watch Path of Maths video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdpA_xHXhEA

I mean in what world do these people live? no casuals will ever have mirror items, harvest or not.

Would love to see his 1-3 perfect mirror tier items he have craftet xD
noob change
"
Ruffleberg wrote:
"
Karcaroth wrote:
Please reconsider this decision, whether it is right now, or when you see what next league's player retention and build diversity numbers look like.

They don't care about league retention only the income spike at league launch.

That's why I didn't buy supporter pack on Ritual start. Because last two leagues left me with feeling that game is deteriorationg with every new patch. Harvest in its pure form was garbage and so time consuming, but Ritual with new harvest - is the best league so far(should I say core game, ritual is ok, but I don't need it for core, except for base types, maybe.)
"
jewelkoh wrote:
"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

If that's all this game is now, then I don't think it is my game anymore.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info