Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

Actually i had a look at a few characters from people that were seemingly overreacting in this thread (aka threating "bye GGG" "thanks for making me quit") - many of them/you werent even utilizing harvest (at least not for their gear - maybe sold crafts idk).
Like why the outrage if literally nothing will change for you lmao?
"
Badfish685 wrote:
Been playing since 2017 and was a casual until harvest league. I grinded the entire league thanks to covid and I actually learned the crafting system. I got to make items I could never afford before by playing the game; I hardly traded with people except for certain bases and awakener orbs. I still struggled with the endgame because it was the first time I actually had the power to experience it. I truly enjoyed more of the game and considered playing more standard with harvest going core. You guys (GGG) are seriously out of touch with the players that aren't the top 1%. Do something about the discord crafting, don't punish more casual players. I'm maybe top 10% now because harvest taught me how to craft but I definitely can't get to maps within 3-4 hrs nor do I enjoy any build with HH because it doesn't feel like a real build to me (I already have one, btw).

The whole maven orb thing WAS fine before the manifesto because you could still grind the item you want if you put the time in (as a player without 100's of exalts). If you can't target craft after you successfully awakener orb 2 maven influenced mods together, what's the point? No normal player has the luxury of using an exalt randomly on items, I'd rather use it on bench crafts because they're deterministic!

I really have to reiterate how incredibly tone deaf you guys are by allowing the streamers to discord craft perfect items and using that to punish the rest of us that aren't playing at that level because we simply don't have as much time.

Pretty much the same for me. I have played since 2015, and along this long period never once I step a foot on crafting because of the unrewarding experience that cluttered with RNG that against you. From my perspective as a player between casual and hardcore, I don't even want to burn my currency for such atrocity. I rather had my earned currencies traded for better gears.

Leaping forward to Harvest, it's the God sent features for players like us. We can finally experience crafting for the first time and albeit we are not crafting all T1 mods, we actually seeing results!

GGG will take that away because of their detached ideology of the game. RIP.
Really will we back to 2017?
Last edited by SkyLCS on Mar 11, 2021, 5:40:36 AM
"
Ashriel wrote:
Wow - you took about the worst approach. Removing the whole reason people want to even use and encounter Harvest in the first place, and yet still incentivizing the TFT Discord to flourish for unverifiable, 3rd-party trading. Unbelievable.

couldnt have said it better myself so just quoting.

I don't recommend taking him seriously... He's wrong more times than he is right.

He said before this league that aura stackers are totally dead... We know now how that turned out to be... Now he is saying Harvest is dead...[/quote]

He was right though, I can count on one hand the number of aura stackers I have met in group play, last league, it was the opposite, each group had at least 2...
"
This sentiment was summed up by a member of our design team who recently said "We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

We already had an inkling that GGG don't play their own game, now we have proof.
Can I refund all my supporter packs please? This is not what we want so thanks for all the fun so far and bye!
You can't have a cake and eat it at the same time. If you didn't want this level of deterministic crafting to begin with then maybe you shouldn't have introduced it? Or, at least, not integrate it to the core game? There's no way you didn't foresee the powercreep that comes with it. Time and time again you talk about how changes to the game and its balance should be carefully thought out beforehand in the name of so called "long-term health". Preach what you teach for effin once, hypocrites.

There are plenty of ways of nerfing Harvest without completely killing it and making an obsolete crafting system like every other. I know you guys hate an idea of account bound items in a trade league, but you could, for example, limit the amount of harvest uses per day to 15 instead of limiting the storage space (which will directly nerf the trade without affecting casuals too much), or add a gauge to the items themselves so that you can only use, let's say, 5 harvest crafts on each - after that they become "entangled" and can't be further modified by harvest crafting. Or, an even easier solution, - just make it so regular non-T4 targeted augs, annuls and divines cannot interact with influenced mods by changing tags on these items.
Last edited by skepticist on Mar 13, 2021, 11:28:49 AM
Yea thx ggg. That was the first league i enjoyed crafting as a casual player. And now u r ruining it. Well fking played. You want us to craft with chaos and exalts? 48 hours of play time and i had 1 pure exalt drop while running t16 maps. Make them drop as wisdom scrolls and ill think about wasting them on crafting.
Last edited by d2.Tipo4eG on Mar 11, 2021, 5:47:49 AM
"
Sarciss wrote:
Actually i had a look at a few characters from people that were seemingly overreacting in this thread (aka threating "bye GGG" "thanks for making me quit") - many of them/you werent even utilizing harvest (at least not for their gear - maybe sold crafts idk).
Like why the outrage if literally nothing will change for you lmao?

Maybe the reason they dont have god tier items is that harvest crafting is nothing like what Chris claims it would be.

I was working on an influenced amulet for weeks, trying to get +1 int, life and resistances and nothing! Over 100 attempts for sure and nothing is the result!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info