Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

"
Ghostseer wrote:
"
Filinomen wrote:
You have owned my soul for a long time Chris and today you have finally released it.Thank you.

See you next league.

Ah yes, the classic "See you next league", such a smart and original comment. Thing is, I already skipped Heist because it didn't have Harvest and I skipped Ritual because I find the current implementation of Harvest bad enough as it is with its stupid 10 craft limit and Discord trading.
So no, you won't see me next league along with many others I'm afraid, but that's okay, games change and so do their playerbases.

When they introduced Harvest I thought that maybe they were starting to relax their hardcore approach just a little, but it's clear now that they won't budge no matter what. GGG will only ever cater to a very specific niche of players: knowledgeable no-lifers and the scrubs farming and funneling currency to them (and the bots I guess).

Still, I respect the commitment and I'll root for them because screw Blizzard, but D4 is coming and I really hope they don't underestimate the threat and hurt themselves with other decisions like this.
GG, you could just remove Harvest altogether instead of making these changes.
I barely even used harvest this league and reached end game content, surprised to see so many people wailing about it's nerf as if harvest crafting is a mandatory requirement.

It'd be better if they buffed some of the older crafting systems, I wonder how many people used Einhar this league?

Anyway, the world will carry on, stop being dramatic!
"
Wissle wrote:
Seriously bad decision.
"
Overall, this is undoubtedly a heavy nerf to high-end Harvest Crafting, but we strongly believe that it is in Path of Exile's best interests going forward

Yeah it's in the interest of YOU because you increase player retention, but it is NOT in the interest of the players who hate the absurd amounts of RNG in this game that harvest craft was finally working against to an extent.

I'll say it again: just give shitty standard players the good harvest crafting, and nerf it in whatever way you want for the good players in temp leagues.

Good thing Diablo 2 Resurrected is coming later this year. There you don't rely on items for ALL your power, your skill selections carry you through almost the entirety of the game and that is 0% rng reliant.

Increasing player retention means "people are having more fun therefore not quitting the game".

That should be the primary goal. If retention is bad, changes need to be made to make the game more fun. And if Google Trends are anything to go off, retention was terrible in Harvest, and not up to 3.9 level in 3.13.

But Delirium - with a brutally challenging mechanic and no Discord powered item editor - was the unquestioned most popular league of 2020 by Google Trends staying power.
Le Toucan Will Return
If GGG wants to make their game more appealing for the top 0.1% and less appealing to me I dont appreciate it, but I can deal with it. If the game is less appealing to me, my support will be equally less.
Last edited by Wraec on Mar 11, 2021, 5:52:52 AM
Cool, But I think you (or you guys) really need to play this game for once since you are really out of touch from usual players.
Like 1 month playtesting for beginning of act to the endgame.
And I'll be surprised if you craft things using chaos/exalts, of course in trade league, because that is pretty much waste of time (and resource).
Nah this aint it.
"
Quidgeboe wrote:

It'd be better if they buffed some of the older crafting systems, I wonder how many people used Einhar this league?

Alot. Thanks to the new atlas tree. Imprint & split ez bank$$
Last edited by auc_martin on Mar 11, 2021, 5:52:34 AM
"
Ygidua wrote:
"
Sarciss wrote:
Actually i had a look at a few characters from people that were seemingly overreacting in this thread (aka threating "bye GGG" "thanks for making me quit") - many of them/you werent even utilizing harvest (at least not for their gear - maybe sold crafts idk).
Like why the outrage if literally nothing will change for you lmao?

Maybe the reason they dont have god tier items is that harvest crafting is nothing like what Chris claims it would be.

I was working on an influenced amulet for weeks, trying to get +1 int, life and resistances and nothing! Over 100 attempts for sure and nothing is the result!

This.

I think GGG misunderstand Harvest. You cant deterministically craft t1 of the mod you want. You will often roll another mod completely, or if you do get the right one, you'll probably get a t9. To get these multiple t1 items, you are probably looking at 100+ remove / add crafts. If not trading for crafts that's only possible for the 0.1%, and if you are trading, that's hundreds of ex and alot of time.

So much bs making out like we are all running around with 6xt1 in every gear slot. I've made 100s of exalts this league, my gear is still far from min-maxed.

[Removed by Support]

Their claim about retention being worse when people can get their gear quicker. Have you seen the retention numbers this league? The highest they have been pretty much ever...
Last edited by Nichelle_GGG on Mar 11, 2021, 8:31:44 AM
Og rngeesus pls I see so many advocating account bound shit.
....just dont...pls....dont make this d3.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info