Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

"
"
"
gaser wrote:
Ah well, I really enjoyed this league, Chris, first one I did not insta quit after i got 40/40 or farmed a HH myself, first league my friend list is almost as full as it was on day one. First league that I see content creators making new builds for people to try out and releasing videos on how to farm currency more effectively a month before league closes.

I really thought you knew what you were doing making everyone love and enjoy the league and was so happy, and now after seeing this post i figure out your thought of the league is "that is not what we intended, this is terrible". Making me understand you have no clue about what you are doing and creating a great league actually was your mistake.

Well, time to go back to your roots, add on-death mechanics to on-death mechanics of initial on-death mechanics, make some visual effect that covers 100% of screen making you unable to see anything and also freezes any of not high-end PCs and slam a boss with 200 immunity phases on top of that like you always do, and make some 5 other discord servers, web pages os applications emerge for something that you have no business to implement in your game. Do that all, please stop giving me hopes for a good game.

let me guess you play softcore?

The overhelming vast majority does, because PoE with its server and performance issues and random 1 shots is a game unfit for HC. There's a handful of adrenaline addicted, no regard for their free time kind of players, but you HC players are an extreme minority. HC League playerbase is smaller than the playerbase of playing-Standard-during-the-league playerbase.

Ok but softcore is pointless. This game is riduculously easy so whats the point of it when everyone has everything no challenge?
I was about to buy my first supported pack but thanks to this manifesto I will skip it.

I gonna finish my crafts in the league and bye.
For the first time I really enjoyed crafting in this game despite the fact I did not manage to craft anything overpower.

Anyway there are other games for casual playing 1-3 hours a day.

"
Nite1984 wrote:
I think the proper way to fix harvest was to make items bound to account once crafted. Then you could have also increased Harvest spawn rate.

This... Kind of. The issue here is that the top end of players were the ones exploiting Harvest for tons of currency/high end items. Players who didn't abuse TFT to completely abuse Harvest are the ones being punished. The top end of players will still make their mirror tier items and any players who don't play PoE 20 hours a day will have trash/mediocre gear and will never make builds work.

I say keep everything the same crafting wise. But, the crafts that GGG has deemed far too powerful should absolutely make that item bound to the account.

The only issue here was that the top end players were the ones abusing the system, and rewarding them further just doesn't make sense. GGG made up Harvest with all the crafts under the assumption it wasn't going to be plagued with widespread abuse, but now all the sudden its too powerful?

tldr Solution = if GGG thinks a craft can be abused if it can be pooled, make that craft bind the item to your account.
DON'T TOUCH ON HARVEST OR I WILL UNISTALL THE GAME AFTER 3.14 REALEASE
I've only really started to play this league. I managed to reach T16 maps, I have killed Sirus on A6 so far, I'm still learning the Maven fight (last phase).

I would not have had a chance to come this far had it not been for harvest crafting or more affordable items due to harvest crafting.

I can tell you, that without those, I would have hit a wall and simply stopped playing, never to look back at your game. (as it happened once before when I first gave it a shot ages ago)

If these changes go through and will cause me to once again hit that wall, that seems insurmountable, I will drop your game like a hot rock and just move on to something else.
This is just to stupid GGG.
First you give us harvest and makes us really enjoy crafting, then you take it away from us, and things got bad and boring, then you give it back, in a fairly good form just to take it all away again.
Dont you want us to enjoy your game ?
Are you trying to make us leave ?
If so just go out and say so.
This is just to damn stupid worst move ever.
But the Wasabi encounter being a drop now is a good thing.

As a end game player that plays hours per day, i still havnt seen add influence mod, add speed and more of the very rare ones. But then again i play the game and dont rush for the harvest map after map.
You hurt a big core part of the player base!

You should just cut the number of crafting outcomes, make the reforge more common the "add xx" a bit more rare, and the remove x mod and x mod even more rare.
Again, this is just to damn stupid.
I've just quit the game until a good deterministic crafting is implemented. You're nerfing harvest, but now that I think about it, harvest wasn't even good enough. We don't want RNG gated crafting, we want predictive progression
Last edited by Some_Day on Mar 11, 2021, 5:29:39 AM
"
anhkhoiit wrote:
DON'T TOUCH ON HARVEST OR I WILL UNISTALL THE GAME AFTER 3.14 REALEASE

Vote with your wallets people, don't spend a single $ after Havest is over. You can't reward bullshit changes.
monkahmmm
Last edited by auc_martin on Apr 30, 2021, 7:01:18 AM
Unfortunately these changes seem like a poorly though out change because of the following:

The second and 3rd changes remove something from the game and make harvest actively worse respectively and feels like a slap across the face. Please don't ruin something you've implemented so well this league.

For more information on why this is bad you can watch one of the last videos video from Path of Matth titled "GGG is about to NUKE Harvest... Crafting ONLY for the 1% AGAIN?" and see why true mirror tier crafting for any one but the elite is not easy even with harvest.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info