Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

"
Ygidua wrote:
"
Sarciss wrote:
Actually i had a look at a few characters from people that were seemingly overreacting in this thread (aka threating "bye GGG" "thanks for making me quit") - many of them/you werent even utilizing harvest (at least not for their gear - maybe sold crafts idk).
Like why the outrage if literally nothing will change for you lmao?

Maybe the reason they dont have god tier items is that harvest crafting is nothing like what Chris claims it would be.

I was working on an influenced amulet for weeks, trying to get +1 int, life and resistances and nothing! Over 100 attempts for sure and nothing is the result!

Mirror tier items for all is a myth perpetuated by butthurt trade cartels and RMT sellers.
I want to emphasize the irony that is in the statement, that they really, really want crafting to be a part of the game. And when they have finally made this important part of the game a part of the game for everyone - they go ahead and restrict this important part of the game to a fracture of the playerbase.

It's stunning, really.

I as a semi-casual player have never had more fun than this league. I have put in much more hours than usual, because Harvest keeps you motivated. There is always a new goal. I have a lot of supportet packs, as you can see. Don't expect any new ones. I'll most likely not play the next league. This decision and especially the ignorance behind it is a slap in the face of the player base.
Last edited by Shafirion on Mar 11, 2021, 5:49:08 AM
Ive been crafting for a long time and its been one of my favourite aspects of this game.

I don't have many insane items and previous to harvest it was very hard to make a 3xt1 item or better

I don't trade for crafts I don't trust people with my items I just really like the ability to deterministically craft near perfect or perfect items over a very long period

I feel like the main problem is a very small percentage of players are trading for the crafts making perfect items too easily, is this not something GGG could put the effort into resolving not nerfing the entire system for regular players with long term league goals

GGG should focus on allowing the creation of a near perfect item to be a long term league or multiple league end game activity, you really cant do this without targeted annuls or eternal orbs (especially now with influance mod pools on top of the original pools)

The symptom GGG are trying to resolve is people trading for harvest crafts making perfect items too easily, Id argue its worth investigating ways to keep the system as is but make it more difficult to trade for these crafts...

Im sure there are other options but even just having the good version of harvest crafting only in SSF would eliminate the possibility of trading for the crafts and then i could just play there to make the items I want , possibly include standard because perfect items already exist there for every slot .
Whatever army I have, I'll lead against them...
...until I've won or I'm dead.
• Level 38 VS The World • https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1929461
• Crafting Service • https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2451155
Last edited by colwyn on Mar 11, 2021, 5:47:15 AM
Yeah Ty For The Nice Update

Maybe you should fix you server first before nerf anything

do you know i was report like 7d/1report because of bug

and yes still no respond lol

and now you got a new idea on harvest nerf is still fine but you need to fix the problem first ?

LOL How Can I Refund My Support Pack Back

Love you game but nah... i'm still in 2015 ?
つ ◕_◕ つ Give DIRETIDE Volvo つ ◕_◕ つ
I want skill and knowledge to be the deciding factor of whether you can craft good items or not and not grind and RNG. As a relatively new player who started in Delirium I know that I do not like this game without Harvest (as it was in Heist) and if GGG sticks to their vision I will not play next league and probably quit this league now as well although I was going for 36 challenges with 30 completed atm but now there is just no perspective for me. The change I wanted to see was a way to make Harvest crafts tradeable without Discord.
"
Sarciss wrote:
Actually i had a look at a few characters from people that were seemingly overreacting in this thread (aka threating "bye GGG" "thanks for making me quit") - many of them/you werent even utilizing harvest (at least not for their gear - maybe sold crafts idk).

How about not your bloody business mate?! Mind your own play ffs
Last edited by MrMelmac on Mar 11, 2021, 5:51:49 AM
"
Ygidua wrote:
"
Sarciss wrote:

Maybe the reason they dont have god tier items is that harvest crafting is nothing like what Chris claims it would be.

I was working on an influenced amulet for weeks, trying to get +1 int, life and resistances and nothing! Over 100 attempts for sure and nothing is the result!

Im with you that crafting is actually almost underwhelming if it wasnt for TFT. Thats what i think shouldve been the best fix for everyone.
But im talking about people running literally 10c/piece gear (even in non-harvest leagues) on the whole character, the rest uniques.
Really how does harvest affect these people in any relevant matter?
First League in a long time where a "normal" player make at least some decent progression. Even Harvest League itself was a mess. This garden system needed way to much attention for the "i play a few hours a week" users. In Ritual we have a simple league mechanic, what it very nice. And the litte bit of harvest crafting enabled people like me to do at least a bit of crafting at all. Otherwise i would not have enough currency to do any crafting. I have to buy my gear or make a new char, that's my usually decision. Even the crafting bases cost multiple exalts today. Thinking that the players will "slam an exalt" on items is so far away from your player-base, it's just awful and a shaming to read.
ELI5:

we completely figured out that crafting anything while you are playing the game is 'non-optimal', so we fixed it, and you liked that we fixed it.

then we unfixed it.

Then we decided solving the original problem we just described was 'unnecessary' because we always temporarily dangle some other thing in front of you anyways.

So when we put the fix back, we made sure you couldn't use it where it was harmlessly solving that problem we acknowledged, and we only put the fix back where it had been causing the most problems, with some annoying extra limitations that did absolutely nothing to prevent those downsides, while also completely neutering any possible good the fix could do for anyone who wasnt doing exactly the thing we didn't want.

That didn't go so well. So now we are completely unfixing everything, eliminating any benefits for nearly everybody, while making all those problems we accidentally caused already probably about three times worse or so.

Please understand. The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for ignoring all drops never crafting anything and just buying everything on trade [Removed by Support]. We don't want to take away that feeling of closing your eyes and paying somebody a hundred dollars to try to kick you square in the nuts and hoping that they will miss.

Last edited by Kane_GGG on Mar 11, 2021, 5:49:13 AM
Well

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info