Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

Ah well, I really enjoyed this league, Chris, first one I did not insta quit after i got 40/40 or farmed a HH myself, first league my friend list is almost as full as it was on day one. First league that I see content creators making new builds for people to try out and releasing videos on how to farm currency more effectively a month before league closes.

I really thought you knew what you were doing making everyone love and enjoy the league and was so happy, and now after seeing this post i figure out your thought of the league is "that is not what we intended, this is terrible". Making me understand you have no clue about what you are doing and creating a great league actually was your mistake.

Well, time to go back to your roots, add on-death mechanics to on-death mechanics of initial on-death mechanics, make some visual effect that covers 100% of screen making you unable to see anything and also freezes any of not high-end PCs and slam a boss with 200 immunity phases on top of that like you always do, and make some 5 other discord servers, web pages os applications emerge for something that you have no business to implement in your game. Do that all, please stop giving me hopes for a good game.
People use Exalts on items?

Jokes aside, that's a shame. That's the first league in which I manage to beat Sirus, not to mention Maven, as well as actually managing to play in content I only really watched in videos in previous leagues, or even on Standard.

Even paying my own item's crafts felt exciting, because it's a far cry from the "incredibly easy" experience that's displayed here, the number of remove/add crafts necessary to get the good jewel, the good chest, etc. It's a shame that people not basking in currency are going to have to go back to just buying items, or get locked out of that high-end content altogether.

As a median crafter aspiring to be better I was worried about harvest comming back.

When I realized the spawnrates are pretty dogshit and you rarley get any good crafts I was ok with the whole concept, I mean ye you can make some really good items, but it will require massive trading and currency thru discord.

Well then its balanced, no?
Either you use ur own crafts or rake in currency on selling them, same as with everything in this game.

Thought there were gonna be tonnes of 6xt1 items on trade, and while there are more than usual, the amounts are not insane.

Ofc more popular builds are going to be overrepresented, while other builds..well you'll be lucky id you find more than a cpl.

Also it seems ppl on my friendlist is hanging around longer this league.

Prolly cause it's fun to make insane items for that obscure build no one would ever play otherwise.

GGG this going back and forth on your own decisions are only hurting you at this point.

Instead of nerfing every single fun thing in this game to talisman tier(ye chose talismans just to remind yall noone want this shit) try elevating whatever is lacking!
This goeas across the board, be it crafting, skills, trading or ascendencies.

Heard or seen the memes GGG - no fun allowed?

You're really trying to live up to this or what?

I love this game to death, but the directions ur taking with alot of your decisions is leaving me wondering if you have lost touch with the playerbase or are just puppets to reddit at this point.

Games should be challenging, yes sure. But also fun and not forever drenched in tediousness.

I hope for all our sakes there will come along a proper competition so GGG have to up their game and actually deliver, seems they been slacking off as there is no real contender to PoE. (And no you cannot compare poe and d3)

Driveby done, im out.
"
a_k_a wrote:
Can you still use non-x mod to x mod crafts on influenced items?

No. They spesifically say no Aug mod into any influenced items whether it is Rem/Add mod or Aug mod.
"
gaser wrote:
Ah well, I really enjoyed this league, Chris, first one I did not insta quit after i got 40/40 or farmed a HH myself, first league my friend list is almost as full as it was on day one. First league that I see content creators making new builds for people to try out and releasing videos on how to farm currency more effectively a month before league closes.

I really thought you knew what you were doing making everyone love and enjoy the league and was so happy, and now after seeing this post i figure out your thought of the league is "that is not what we intended, this is terrible". Making me understand you have no clue about what you are doing and creating a great league actually was your mistake.

Well, time to go back to your roots, add on-death mechanics to on-death mechanics of initial on-death mechanics, make some visual effect that covers 100% of screen making you unable to see anything and also freezes any of not high-end PCs and slam a boss with 200 immunity phases on top of that like you always do, and make some 5 other discord servers, web pages os applications emerge for something that you have no business to implement in your game. Do that all, please stop giving me hopes for a good game.

let me guess you play softcore?
"
"
gaser wrote:

let me guess you play softcore?

The overhelming vast majority does, because PoE with its server and performance issues and random 1 shots is a game unfit for HC. There's a handful of adrenaline addicted, no regard for their free time kind of players, but you HC players are an extreme minority. HC League playerbase is smaller than the playerbase of playing-Standard-during-the-league playerbase.
Last edited by drahtziehergc on Mar 11, 2021, 5:24:34 AM
Hello dear GGG. I have been playing this game since League 3.0. I bought several tabs, i.e. I supported your game with donation. And I have something to say about these changes.

I have always loved this game, but I have never been able to achieve the so-called "endgame". In this league, I saw a chance for myself to conquer this peak. Unfortunately, I skip the Harvest League for reasons that I will describe below. And in this league, I crafted my first chest armor with the harvest. It was amazing! Finally, I got a way to strengthen my character myself while having fun! I even decided to buy a full list of unique tabs and brought a friend into the game.

But, you decided to take away from me the opportunity to enjoy crafting. And here's why I skip the Harvest League (and more):

With 3.0 I did 2-3 builds per league. And at one point I looked at the list of my characters on the standard. You've killed almost everyone! You killed my favorite character through Whispering Ice by removing dx9 from the game - on the 11th version, the game froze tightly when casting it. You killed my first and only Blade flurry character with a stat stick. You killed Molten strike and nerfed almost everyone else.

From the complete list of characters. Favorite characters. 3-4 remained alive. And I gave up the game for more than half a year. For several leagues, I did not enter the game at all and only with the news of the return of the Harvest I returned. And now you are killing the Harvest.

Sorry if this message can be considered a hate. But you yourself have cultivated in me such an attitude towards you. And with the introduction of these changes, I will give up this game completely. This is a principled position - you may be a monopolist in the slasher genre, but you are not the only game in the world. And now I know that almost any other game will give me more pleasant emotions than yours.
Please don't do this, this would be a step backwards. Unless some of the less useful mods are being removed, this doesn't make sense.
How I read this manifesto :

We're going to be making some further changes to Harvest Crafting with the release of 3.14.0 in April. In short, we're concerned by how Harvest has allowed casuals who doesn't stream our game or play it 20 hours a day to have access to exceptional gear that we feel should be exclusively for the elite players.
That they express a sense of fun and joy from obtaining this gear instead of spending hours setting up a boss kill that then is boring and unrewarding because we have and continue to nerf their loot, is not relevant to us. We are GGG and we could not possibly ever get anything wrong.

Fun is only for the dedicated elite and not for anyone else.
generally dangerous
This sentiment was summed up by a member of our design team who recently said "We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

The biggest bullshit and most out of touche with the playerbase what I've ever read!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info